View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advanced Psychedelic Discussion/Reactions

lysergamide

Bluelighter
Firstly if this section already exists and I have missed out please share.

My issue is that after a number of years of using LSD I have started to try and find a platform for discussing psychedelics. But I cannot seem to integrate myself or find a forum that suits. Generally the forums seem to cover quite a general overview of psychedelics as a whole but I cannot find somewhere to discuss psychedelic therapy experiences which I feel is key for any person that regularly consumes psychedelics for an extended period of time. Examples I am referring to are suppressed emotion/memories and how to handle these situations when they are brought to surface among friends and couples alongside integrating the experience and key moments from it for personal development.

Does anyone know of a forum or space that I could use to find solid discussion on the therapeutic side of psychedelics, the stages, how to approach and just general advice in this area? I can find references on these areas but I don't know anyone in the field or area and would just really like a conversation with someone actually experienced in the field. Rather than someone just trying to work it through references.

I'm not sure I know of a place like the one you're searching for but I understand exactly what you mean and I totally agree. If you end up finding something like this, please let me know. Also, if you ever want to discuss the therapeutic effects of psychedelics and stages or experiences that alter your patterns of thinking in this way, I'd be glad to listen/give feedback.

That would actually be a great sub-forum. Discussion of unusual or even just common but crazy phenomena, the therapeutic side and all it's aspects, otherworldly and inter-dimensional talk, etc. I think it's a great idea to do here but who knows. We're harm reduction so I'm not sure if the powers that be would want a sub-forum going off like that.

Yea, no idea if it is part of Bluelight's raison d'etre, but I would be very interested in joining such a discussion. (I actually started a thread called "Dissociative therapy" in the Mental Health sub-forum, but didn't get many replies.). I think a sub-forum would be appropriate, but even a Big&Dandy thread would be great...

Maybe someone should just start with posting some of their techniques for working with themselves in these states...

I don't think there really is a dedicated place to discuss such things and the alternative I'm seeking is trying to speak to someone who would be knowledgeable in the background of using psychedelics in therapeutic settings. Is there even any books someone can recommend that go into this on a deep level?

If you're looking for a book on using psychedelics (specifically LSD) in a therapeutic settings a good place to start is "LSD Psychotherapy (The Healing Potential Potential of Psychedelic Medicine)" by Stanislav Grof. Grof is one of the first researchers to use LSD in a therapy setting and certainly the most prolific writers on the subject. Thing is, if you want to experience psychedelic therapy in this context you're going to have to find a facilitator, which few licensed therapist are willing to do. You could find a facilitator in the form of a Shaman. They're around if you look for them, but often don't have books written and their techniques are less formal. Success varies with the skill and experience of the Shaman. Most people who use psychedelics for therapeutic purposes are their own facilitators and rely on techniques they can practice themselves as Listening said. You got to keep the focus in an altered state to get anything accomplished. Michael Browns "The Presence Process" was my go-to guide for self-facilitation, but psychedelics are not a part of it. Worth noting however that he developed this technique as a practicing Peyote Shaman. This process increases and transforms awareness. Lots of other ways to accomplish this, but Michael Brown was my teacher and I found his process to be particularly efficient. Directed awareness is the key to self-facilitation and will allow you to go deeper into yourself and the psychedelic (and dissociative) state. Developing that muscle is the place to start if you want to be your own therapist. Last thing I want to mention because it's been useful to me recently is muscle testing (applied kinesiology) techniques. It'd take a while to describe this in depth (google it) but basically, learning to ask questions and turning over the answer to your body. It can be an invaluable help in mapping where to go and how to get there. Limited experience with muscle testing in psychedelic state, but it can heighten the bodies response and depth of access. Not to mention it's a useful tool in itself for directing awareness. GL.