• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Adulterated cocaine kills 20, sickens 74 in San Martín AREA of Buenos Aires, Argentina

Feretile

Bluelighter

It would appear that the cocaine has been cut with fentanyl or another potent, synthetic opioid. It would appear that the fentanyl trade & cocaine trade are getting closer together. Back in the 'good' old days, the only regular connection between heroin & cocaine was that bricks of heroin were concealed within larger bricks of cocaine because smugglers charged less to move C than to move H.

The US is repeatedly seeing cocaine users dying of fentanyl overdoses. In the last 12 months, drug deaths have increased by 28% killing over 100,000 people. It is now the most common cause of death amongst the young and the third largest cause of death overall (heart disease & cancer being the 2 most common causes).

Evidently someone has discovered that cocaine users simply use more cocaine if it is mixed with the cheap & potent opioid fentanyl. I presume that the effects are somewhat like the infamous 'speedball' or, more exactingly, the 'snowball'. No agency in any nation has ANY intelligence on this phenomenon. The fact is, deaths concluded to have been caused by cocaine may well have been due to cocaine cut with a number of potent opioids.

At least we have seen Argentina change it's approach in it's treatment of people dependent on drugs.

The US is sticking to it's 'War on Drugs'. Richard Nixon declared the beginning of that war in 1971. Since then over 1 million US citizens have died, the price of drugs has gone down while availability has gone up.

It would be good for Argentina to show the US how to end this unwinnable war.

It would appear that the cocaine has been cut with fentanyl or another potent, synthetic opioid. It would appear that the fentanyl trade & cocaine trade are getting closer together. Back in the 'good' old days, the only regular connection between heroin & cocaine was that bricks of heroin were concealed within larger bricks of cocaine because smugglers charged less to move C than to move H.

The US is repeatedly seeing cocaine users dying of fentanyl overdoses. In the last 12 months, drug deaths have increased by 28% killing over 100,000 people. It is now the most common cause of death amongst the young and the third largest cause of death overall (heart disease & cancer being the 2 most common causes).

Evidently someone has discovered that cocaine users simply use more cocaine if it is mixed with the cheap & potent opioid fentanyl. I presume that the effects are somewhat like the infamous 'speedball' or, more exactingly, the 'snowball'. No agency in any nation has ANY intelligence on this phenomenon. The fact is, deaths concluded to have been caused by cocaine may well have been due to cocaine cut with a number of potent opioids.

At least we have seen Argentina change it's approach in it's treatment of people dependent on drugs.

The US is sticking to it's 'War on Drugs'. Richard Nixon declared the beginning of that war in 1971. Since then over 1 million US citizens have died, the price of drugs has gone down while availability has gone up.

It would be good for Argentina to show the US how to end this unwinnable war.
Wow. That is really fucked up. Thank you so much for reporting on this!

This is a very important issue. I'm actually going to go ahead and post this on some of the social medias as I believe it is something more people need to recognize.

Fentanyl is a scourge and it's killing both opioid users AND people that didn't even intend to touch it.

As well, I wanna give you a warm welcome to Bluelight!

We are very glad to have you here. Keep up the good work.

Argentina - 1.5 drug related deaths per 100,000 people

USA - 15 drug related deaths per 100,000 people

It's amazing - I've never met a US citizen who thought Nixon was anything but a lying piece of trach.... and yet Nixon started the drug war & so far it's killed more Americans than The Civil War, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, The Gulf War, Afghanistan and Iraq combined.... in fact, it's killed TWICE as many American!

But since the DEA exists to make and enforce drug laws, how will the US ever see drugs as anything other than a legal matter? The DEA has over 20,000 members of staff & a budget of $3.28 billion. Those people have mortgages, health costs, collage for their kids, a beach-hut in Malibu and a ski lodge in Aspen to pay for.... so what's in it for them if drugs are legal? One could argue that the legal distribution & taxation of drugs thereof WOULD provide them with work, but I bet the IRS would just LOVE to take all of their jobs (homes, health, education and recreation) from them, given that the DEA average salary is about $53000 and the IRS average salary is about $35000....

In short, the DEA is fighting the war on drugs. The was on American citizens. Why aren't we recognising them for what they are; domestic terrorists.

Nixon was probably responsible for forcing the war on drugs across the world, but Harry J. Anslinger has to take credit for being the cunt that started it all when his position was threatened by the repeal of alcohol prohibition and started the myth of 'reefer madness' targeted largely upon black people.

Last edited:
Nixon was probably responsible for forcing the war on drugs across the world, but Harry J. Anslinger has to take credit for being the cunt that started it all when his position was threatened by the repeal of alcohol prohibition and started the myth of 'reefer madness' targeted largely upon black people.

I was under the impression that his goal was to ban hemp because his good friend William Randolph Hearst had huge investments in woodland & the wood pulping industry..... and because Anslinger was a racist as well, obviously. He tirelessly went after patent medicines that contained cannabis.... but not those with morphine, chloroform, alcohol, cocaine, chloral hydrate..... and so on

Anslinger was amazingly quiet about certain drugs like morphine.... since he was an addict. I take your point but Nixon acted it all out on a MUCH bigger stage. In 1930 less than 50% of families owned a radio and in spite of Hearst's press control, his was still a minority of the readership.

In short - he was as evil, but had less power and was EVEN more stupid than Nixon.... but all fair points.