• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adhd

Boaton00777

Greenlighter
So I was on adderall for years... my pdoc ret. since then it’s been down hill as far as doctors go. Except for my gp. Right now I’m on 20mgs of Ritalin la which is shit. I go threw them to function in under two wks. So I buy the adderall I need. I have a appointment with my gp and I’m going to ask him for a referral for a doc that I would need to pay a bit over 200$ every appointment. Any ideas on what I can say? To both docs??

Transcripts from elementary school through high school showing you as having had a documented trouble focusing from childhood? Couldn't hurt lol.
I'm assuming you aren't in the US which is why it sounds like you're gonna be jumping through a lot of hoops to get adderall.

Maybe have a look here:

Transcripts from elementary school through high school showing you as having had a documented trouble focusing from childhood? Couldn't hurt lol.
I'm assuming you aren't in the US which is why it sounds like you're gonna be jumping through a lot of hoops to get adderall.
I’m in Iowa. My doc had me on for yrs but then ret . I do have records showing I was on it. I just got stuck with a couple of Pisa docs

Oh when you mentioned that crazy $200 per visit fee it sounded like something they do in the UK, where they dont like prescribing ADHD meds.
You should be ok just telling the new shrink your situation.

I'd also say - talk to your doctor. Perhaps you need another med, or you have to change the amount you take everyday.
And, important: it should be a Psychiatrist who knows the diagnose!

JJ

Good morning,

so first of all: are you diagnosed with ADHD?

JJ
Yes since I was like 10 or 11 years of age I had a great doctor though she retired and since then my GP carried me for a little bit with that medication but he felt more comfortable miss seeing a psychiatrist I was just wondering what I could do or say to increase my chances and probability of getting them prescribed