View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ADHD Medication and Psychedelics

25x

Greenlighter
Hey I am a 23 year old college student and frequent psychedelic user as of November 2013. As of today Saturday, September 6, 2014 23:00 hours I have been on Seroquel(which ruined my trip) for 9 weeks Strattera, for 7 weeks, and Zoloft (which also ruins trips) for 3 weeks. I have been unable to trip and it has been 7 weeks since my last psychedelic adventure. I am still curious about the straterra i read that it is a SNRI. Can i still take it i have been on it for about 7 weeks and my doctor wants to keep me on it or maybe put me on adderall is this something else i have to give up? let me know. Thanx!

Last edited:
Really mom-ish sounding part: This is a discussion that needs to be had with your doctor and not with a message board given the number of drugs in the mix here and what I'm going to assume is the severity of your condition given the number and mix of prescriptions. Any drug prescribed for psychiatric purposes is likely to affect the quality of your trips (or even the ability to have them), and it's also going to make tripping more dangerous - the more types and larger quantities of drugs you put in your system, the more dangerous it will be with almost any chemical there is. And unfortunately, both psychedelics and pharmaceutical drugs work differently for everyone, so it's close to impossible to say what will be an enjoyable, let alone safe, combination for you. It is particularly dangerous to start or stop taking SSRIs and SNRIs suddenly, so please, please, please make sure you're safely tapering when you're going on or off prescription meds.

Hopefully a little more helpful part: From personal experience and from the experience of my friends, I would say that you have to make a decision between pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical drug use and whether you're going to use drugs primarily medically or recreationally. It is simply not a good idea to try to do all of those things at once, and I don't know anyone that's been particularly successful at it. I have used marijuana, LSD, MDMA, and mushrooms both recreationally and medically during periods where my mental health was in a more controllable place, but I always went back to pharmaceutical meds when things got rough, and during those times, I simply didn't use drugs recreationally (with the exception of marijuana, but I did have to cut back nearly to zero on it for a couple drug combos I tried out). Ultimately, wherever your priorities lie, you need to tailor your drug use to achieve the best results in the safest way possible. Generally, that's by putting the smallest amount of drugs in your system for the desired result.

P.S. If your doctor is unwilling to have a reasonable discussion about your recreational drug use, find another doctor. I know it can be hard, but it will make a world of difference. I once had a shrink that told me I was an untreatable addict because I smoked weed a few days a week and insisted that I would never be well if I smoked. Doctors with that kind of perspective will never really help you get better.

yeah those meds screw around with psychedelics pretty bad if you're wanting to trip then you don't want to be on those meds, but if you need those meds to survive then you shouldn't mess with psychedelics its like a quantum loop

I really appreciate your answer. i already talked to my doctor about psychedelics and she started weaning me off slowly. I officially got off the grid about a week ago so i'll probably wait another 3 weeks before i resume another psychedelic adventure. thanks again.

Last edited:
hey im 24 years old and want to give my 12 year old brother 25i. he is very spoiled kid he curses at my mother hits her makes her cry. I want to give him a hit of 25 I to open his eyes to the wonders of the world and make him a decnt human being. any thoughs?

hey im 24 years old and want to give my 12 year old brother 25i. he is very spoiled kid he curses at my mother hits her makes her cry. I want to give him a hit of 25 I to open his eyes to the wonders of the world and make him a decnt human being. any thoughs?

He'll probably grow up having a harder time relating to his peers and latent content that people dont usually see until adulthood will show as a child.

No one should be giving a twelve year old a drug. This is a very misguided idea.

well my brother is 13 now and i have still waited to hold on on the whole lsd thing..........

learning the hard way

i took 2 hits of 25i dec-9-2014 two hits of 25i jan-12-2015 took two hits of what i thought was 25i at the time but didn't trip as hard so when i asked him he said it was 2cb so whatever on July-8th-2015 then he said he had real lsd so i bought 7 tabs and took 1 tab jul-20-2015 and had a cross tolerance with the two "2cb" hits i took 12 days before as there weren't really any visuals but it felt much cleaner right away and i didn't get the sick feeling in the beginning like you do with RC's so i could only imagine how much better the visuals would be on this new "upgrade" after i had gotten the rest of the RC's out of my system. I then heard you can do it more often not like the rc's i was doing which made it only possible on a once a month IF THAT basis so i took another hit 3 days later on july-23-2015 then 3 days later on july 26 @ 11pm i took 1 hit then 3 hours later at 2 am the next day (july27-2015) took another hit then on july-31 i took one hit at 5pm and one more hit at 8pm that was last Friday tomorrow will be Friday again and i haven't done it all week because i read if you wait 7 days you'll get a better trip so i'm going for another hit or two tomorrow also i bought another 7 hits since i only had one left and i can say i definitely feel an upgrade and if i never do another RC in my life it will be too soon!

Last edited: