Mental Health Aderall prescription question, please help

Sksjdjeisnfkeishz

Bluelighter
Hello everyone. To start off, i have to go a few days without my aderall at the end of each month. And i can not function without it. I was crying so bad today at work and i had a mental breakdown and i felt so out of it. I am not abusing my meds the pharmacy just wont have it ready on time, they wont tell me when it is filled, when my dad picks up my other meds we thinl the aderall is with it but its fucking not, etc. I cant keep doimg this i really cant.

Onetime i called the pharmacy and they said they gave it to us but they did not. How can a pharmacy be so fucking carless? And they dont give me a shit ton of aderall at a time because its a narcotic, which i understand i guess, and they give me a shit ton of my other meds all the time.

Im not gonna lie i have thought about getting high off aderall before but i never have done so intentionally and it isnt a problem at all. The problem is i keep running out of aderall at the end of each month. Its fucking ridiculous.

I had a mental breakdown today. And my coworker gave me one of her aderalls, which is 5 more mg than what i take, and so i felt high but better than i was before that.

Sorry for ranting, but ive had a real shitty past few days. I work at a busy restaraunt and i should not have to feel like a hot mess at the end of each month. The aderall really helps, i dont want to switch meds, what should i do?

Edit: also since im on here, i have really bad anxiety, depression, and ocd. It affects me at work really bad. I think customers and coworkers are laughing at me and think im lazy and no good and real shitty and spoiled. I hate myself so much. The truth is i think im all of those but everyone tells me im not. I work so hard every time i go to work but it never feels like its enough. I literally put my blood, sweat, and tears into work, im not joking. I was doing so well for awhile but im falling apart now.

@Sksjdjeisnfkeishz I seem to recall you mentioning this before. I'm sorry this is still a problem.

Are you still using Wall Mart's pharmacy? Is there no way you or your dad could call your insurance company and ask them if you can change to Walgreens or CVS? If they are not going to do their job, I would do what I could to not give them my business anymore.

Yeah im still using walmart pharmacy. That is a good idea to use cvs, i know someone that has seizures and has to take meds and so they use the pharamacy at cvs and they always get their meds on time. Im gonna try talking to my dad about that because i cant keep going a few days without my aderall

I also remember you having this same problem a few months ago. The solution is pretty simple. If Walmart is not acceptable...change pharmacies. Since adderall is a controlled substance any pharmacy will make you wait the required number of days to get a refill. Some are 28, some are 29, some are 30.....it just all depends on what the script says. If your script says ONE pill a day and they give you 30 pills then technically you can have it filled on day 30 as you would be using your last pill for that cycle and the refill would enable you to have one for the next day. Some pharmacies and insurance companies let you refill on day 28 so technically you would have 2 pills left.

Read the script and read the fine print. If you are running out before refill time you are taking an extra pill on some days. Lots of people on adderall take an extra one now and then. But even taking only ONE extra through the month means you won't have enough to get you to refill time. If you are only taking these per the scripts directions and never taking an extra one then either change pharmacies or read up on walmarts policy. It actually isn't the pharmacies problem. If they can legally refill a script...they will. You are either asking for it too early or you are thinking it can be refilled with your other UN controlled substances. Just because they refill your other meds doesn't mean it's time to refill the adderall.

Read the fine print or call walmart and have the pharmacist explain to you exactly how the adderall is refilled every month.

Yeah I'm not sure how you're running out early if you're taking them as prescribed.

Although it's not impossible. I can't mention how many times I've gone through withdrawals because the pharmacy & the doctors office love to play the cat n mouse phone tag game. I went through this for years with my mom trying to get her tramadol script filled every month on time, Pharmacy will say "oh well we never got anything from the doctor", so call the doctor and they'll say "well we know we sent it over", or if they haven't sent it over they'll say the whole "well we'll let the nurses/doctor know" and then nothing gets done without having to further harass them. So usually one place is either lying or they're just so ignorant and care less that they have no idea what they're doing. No one seems to be held responsible if you do end up in withdrawals because of it either. And I won't' even get started on how prior authorizations often threw me into withdrawals too, waiting 7 days for insurance to say "ok" to a drug I had been on for years. * eye roll *

If this is the same issue you're dealing with, then I would maybe switch pharmacies.
Most places will refill 2-3 days early. Walgreens refilled my clonazepam like 5 days early once. I usually get reminders when refill dates are coming up and I'll click "ok" and shit on them so that I don't forget & I assume that insurance won't fill them until it's closer to the date, but the one time they filled 5 days early, which then made me get questioned by doctor & nurses about it and I had to explain that I never run out of clonazepam and have never cared for abusing benzos, so it wasn't really my fault that they filled it so damn early. Now I make more of an effort to submit the refill request much closer to the due date.

Good luck OP!

The pharmacy can't simply decide if or when to give you Adderall or how much to give you at any given time. If you have a script from a psychiatrist or doctor, then they are legally obligated to follow it down to the last detail.

I don't wanna be knit-picky but actually pharmacists can decide if they wanna fill a script for you or not. If they think you're abusing it or something, they can tell you no & it is not illegal. Of course, this isn't going to stop some one from taking their business to a different pharmacy, which they should.

Thought I'd mention this as most people don't usually know that a pharmacist can refuse to a fill script for you, legally. Although I think OP's situation is a different scenario, since their's just isn't getting filled on time or whatever.

I also remember you having this same problem a few months ago. The solution is pretty simple. If Walmart is not acceptable...change pharmacies. Since adderall is a controlled substance any pharmacy will make you wait the required number of days to get a refill. Some are 28, some are 29, some are 30.....it just all depends on what the script says. If your script says ONE pill a day and they give you 30 pills then technically you can have it filled on day 30 as you would be using your last pill for that cycle and the refill would enable you to have one for the next day. Some pharmacies and insurance companies let you refill on day 28 so technically you would have 2 pills left.

Read the script and read the fine print. If you are running out before refill time you are taking an extra pill on some days. Lots of people on adderall take an extra one now and then. But even taking only ONE extra through the month means you won't have enough to get you to refill time. If you are only taking these per the scripts directions and never taking an extra one then either change pharmacies or read up on walmarts policy. It actually isn't the pharmacies problem. If they can legally refill a script...they will. You are either asking for it too early or you are thinking it can be refilled with your other UN controlled substances. Just because they refill your other meds doesn't mean it's time to refill the adderall.

Read the fine print or call walmart and have the pharmacist explain to you exactly how the adderall is refilled every month.
Thank you and i just called the pharmacy today. They said they will have it ready in 45 minutes after i called them. It is very very possible i am takimg them twice a day on accident because i often forget if i have taken my meds or not and sometimes might take them again. Yes, my dad and i thought they were supposed to fill up the aderall with the other meds. Im on day three without aderall although i took a friends aderall the other day (wasnt even the right dose for me) and so i am so scatterbrained right now.

I forgot to mention changing pharamicies with my dad. I will bring it up later. I just dont like change period so that is why i dont want to but hell i need it so i will bring it up later. For me when i see change i think of more potential problems.

Honestly i have no clue how i am getting out of the aderall but i reslly think it has to do with the pharmacy because i just called them and they said they will have it ready in 45 minutes. Its fucking ridiculous those bitches are fucking with my mental health and causing me to be a hot mess.

Thank you for your advice.

Thank you and i just called the pharmacy today. They said they will have it ready in 45 minutes after i called them. It is very very possible i am takimg them twice a day on accident because i often forget if i have taken my meds or not and sometimes might take them again. Yes, my dad and i thought they were supposed to fill up the aderall with the other meds. Im on day three without aderall although i took a friends aderall the other day (wasnt even the right dose for me) and so i am so scatterbrained right now.

I forgot to mention changing pharamicies with my dad. I will bring it up later. I just dont like change period so that is why i dont want to but hell i need it so i will bring it up later. For me when i see change i think of more potential problems.

Honestly i have no clue how i am getting out of the aderall but i reslly think it has to do with the pharmacy because i just called them and they said they will have it ready in 45 minutes. Its fucking ridiculous those bitches are fucking with my mental health and causing me to be a hot mess.

" Those bitches are fucking with my mental health? " Seriously.

You just said that you misuse your meds because you " forget whether you have taken it or not and take more " That's why you are running out early. C'mon man. YOU are misusing the meds....start taking one per day and quit making excuses.

I don't wanna be knit-picky but actually pharmacists can decide if they wanna fill a script for you or not. If they think you're abusing it or something, they can tell you no & it is not illegal. Of course, this isn't going to stop some one from taking their business to a different pharmacy, which they should.

Thought I'd mention this as most people don't usually know that a pharmacist can refuse to a fill script for you, legally. Although I think OP's situation is a different scenario, since their's just isn't getting filled on time or whatever.

The laws must be different over there to what they are where I'm from. I can't get my head around how a pharmacy can suspect somebody of abusing their medication, if they're only getting it refilled when the script allows them to do so.

The laws must be different over there to what they are where I'm from. I can't get my head around how a pharmacy can suspect somebody of abusing their medication, if they're only getting it refilled when the script allows them to do so.
I'm in the US here.

I guess it's really at their discretion. Which means a pharmacist could be judgemental or biased towards some one & do it. Although I think most rational people try not to make it any of their business unless they absolutely have to. Thankfully they cannot override doctors word though, so as long as your doctor writes you a script, somewhere out there will fill it.

I some times fill my meds a little early out of mere convenience cause some times I'll forget (and then really be screwed) or I can only get out the one time & need to pick them up all at once. Thankfully all my pharmacists & doctors have the nuance to understand this though. It's only ever early by a day or two, some times 3 or more if I have to leave town or something.

Pharmacists usually fill all prescriptions they are given unless there is a conflicting reason not to. In other words if you go in with a script for 180 oxy, 120 xanax, and 180 vicodin the pharmacist probably won't fill them for the obvious reason. Or they will call the Dr. and ask him if he really wrote it for those amounts as we know people like to change the quantity. If you get your meds filled at the same pharmacy monthly and don't ask for early refills then the pharmacist doesn't care if you are abusing them or not. They just don't like being asked constantly for early refills on controlled substances. Other than that pharmacists don't care what you take or how you take it........unless he sees an interaction in your scripts that the Dr. missed. Say like if one med will interfere with another. Then they will call the Dr. and see if another med would be better. In the long run......pharmacists care more about your health than Dr.s do.

So yeah the rules are pretty simple over here. Don't ask for early refills all the time. Don't get pissed when you have to wait a couple more days for it knowing damn well it's too early. Don't expect to get crazy amounts dispensed. If you are lucky enough to get an opioid AND a benzo then expect that they will warn you about respiratory depression. But they will still fill your scripts.

Everyone over here wants their pills not now, but right now, and they forget that pharmacists have to follow laws and they might even like their jobs. And they really don't have much patience when we constantly ask for our pills early because we misuse them. When it's legally time to dispense the meds.......they will.

I've still had many issues with not being able to get meds filled on the days that they are due, either due to incompetence or idiocy or insurance related issues. I've even bitched out my insurance company on the phone when they cut me off my suboxone for 7 days, even though I had been on it for years. I mean, I even asked them at the time if they'd consider themselves responsible if I went and did heroin & died because I didn't have my meds. I understand a prior auth had to be done at the time, but to take 7 days to get it together, just for a med I had already been on is absurd and seems incredibly unnecessary. People are suppose to feel empowered to take treatment seriously, but apparently insurance companies don't give a shit & it isn't a priority to them. I shudder to think about people who are on meds they need to stay alive.

So I was just playing devil's advocate for OP, but it looks like they did admit that they take more than prescribed a day, so of course they're gonna run into issues.

Last edited:

I completely understand what it is like to not be 100% sure if I took my pill or forgot I already took it. I suggest investing in a pill dispenser. Place one adderall pill a day, choose a day to refill the dispenser once a week, and set it on autopilot.

If you take more pills a day than just adderall, or at different times, then you can get different dispensers for whatever your schedule may be. IMO this my solve all of your problems. If you do this for a month or two and are still being hassled by the pharmacy, then maybe consider changing pharmacies. But I would try a pill dispenser first, just to be sure.

pill-dispense.jpg

pill-dispense2.jpg

pill-dispense3.jpg