• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(aderall IR) sublingual question

Serenity17

Greenlighter
Hi all, first post here, and probably the first post on any forum. So I apologize in advance my wording may be drawn out as I'm not as efficient with words as many other posters...
My question isn't really specific to aderall but since it is the drug at hand I thought it'd be relevant. I've done a bit of research on taking it sublingually and understand that this route has a very high BA. Some people might argue that Oral administration has a high BA making the sublingual route redundant, but most of those people didn't seem to take into account that oral route BA is dependent upon stomach PH levels where I wouldn't have to be concerned with PH levels with the sublingual route (I don't have a tum with me everywhere I go). Before I go on too much farther, my question is will swallowing the saliva before the pill is completely gone (absorbed) have a noteable effect on how much is actually being absorbed? I'm only doing it with 5mg to start with since some people have mentioned the sublingual ROA is much more potent (I wonder how much of that is just placebo, but I don't doubt if done right it could potentially be more potent). I just get so much saliva while the pill is dissolving it drives me crazy to not be able to swallow. Anyone with experience to taking pills sublingually that weren't exactly made for sublingual use would be great to hear from. Especially if you have experience specific to taking aderall IR sublingually.

Also, another question I have is will the sublingual route effect duration or timeline of when the effects come on? If anyone can answer this with experience or from a sort of scientific POV that would be great.

overthinking it bud
oral or intranasal
either route doesnt effect the duration just the onset
5mg is a very low dose but then again its not a bad idea to start there to see how you respond you can always take more never less
i would say increase by 5mg increments if you need to add more