• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Addiction Stigma and Opioid Use in Massachusetts

HRCMC

Greenlighter
Hi there,

I am a writer and student completing my master's work at NYU and working toward a short book on the stigma of opioid addiction. I'm concentrating my research on Massachusetts (specifically the South Shore) and hoping to speak with any willing opioid users or addicts, or non-users who have been personally affected by the "opioid epidemic."

The purpose of this work is to challenge the current media coverage of the opioid epidemic, to humanize the opioid addict and to understand how and why stigma affects opioid users. My research thus far has focused on young opioid users (30 and under).

If this project is of interest to you and you would like to contribute your story, please let me know.

Sure, sounds interesting! I'm in western mass though and not on the shore, and I'm mad old (37) lol. Not sure if I'd be a suitable subject but I'd definitely be willing to help u out with a survey or whatever you may need. Either way just let me know, I check out bluelight at least 5-10x a day so I'll be on shortly if I'm not on ATM. Ttyl!

I went to college there and got hooked bad and sold to pay for it.. ended up with giant custimer base,, idk its a long story, I wouldn't even know where to start but if you need people I'm welcome to try.

As a recovering heroin addict, ex-polydrug user, and a harm-reduction activist I would more than love to participate in any research you mat or may not still be doing.