• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Addicted to insufflation

TakeTheRedAndBluePill

Greenlighter
My journey started when a friend ( yes, he’s still a friend) overheard me mention I just got a script for Ritalin. He started using terms I was unaware of. Like BA, CWE, potentiator, insufflation. You get it. So of course I try snorting it, and pretty sure the results of that method with that med are well known here. So, that quickly became my ritual. And subsequently other prescription drugs joined the party. Now it includes hydrocodone, diazepam, fioricet, and newly Percocet. (All prescribed, Percs recently replaced Tabs)

I’ve tried Percs and Tabs orally, but it just doesn’t compare. And I barely feel a thing taking Rits by mouth.

I’ve been referring to this site for a long time now, and I have thick skin. So let me have it. I’d like to try kicking this without professionals, as it took many years to get these medicines. ( I actually do need them FWIW) Guess I should mention I’m 50 ,and should damn well know better, as it may change your response.

Let me also include this: I do not have an addictive personality. I’ve tried almost everything and had no trouble stopping any of it. Stopped drinking and smoking cold turkey and never looked back. Snorting is my Achilles heel.

Any and all help is appreciated. Sorry for the rambling.

Welcome to Bluelight @TakeTheRedAndBluePill.

I too have a thing for snorting. Everything from my bipolar psychotropics to hard street drugs to benadryl. After a while, the shit starts to shoot down your throat instead of stick to your nose, and it sucks. So i recommend taking a break before this happens, or worse, your nose collapses.

Orally last so much longer!

I too love to snort shit and always have.
After decades of it, I developed asthma approximately 5 years ago and now have been on 3 separate medications to combat it.
Or it could be from smoking Newport 100s off and on for 25 years.
Either way, realize there are serious side effects that come with insufflation, and stopping this early in the game, while you’re so late in the game might be smarter.

Think about all you have to lose, brother.
Your career, family, any type of relationship be it friends or romantic.

My dumbass is in a similar boat. I recently landed a job in the commercial section of my trade, which is what I had been trying to do a year ago when I started residential. I am so excited to have this opportunity, but I keep getting distracted by my Mother failing to battle her demons and spiraling out of control abusing her much needed scripts and alcohol. I rarely talk to her anymore. She never answers the phone, so how does my dumbass deal with it? By starting to snort white and yellow again.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

One thing I learned from being hooked for 3 years before is that addiction sneaks up on you. You won't even notice it's happening because you will either be lying to yourself about it, or not even focused on it.
Stop while you can or you will have to go through much more hell to get clean and learn to be happy sober again.
Focus on a hobby instead, or do what I did the first time and pour your passion into work.
You should be wise enough at your age to realize all this. The fact that you're asking shows it.
I'm only 23 and I'm ashamed of every year since graduation at 17 because of the decisions I've made. Don't throw your life away when you're at the age to be able to peak in your career.

What is that like up the nose?

Since I found taking Zopiclone this way is such a different feeling it's my sworn by ROA & I know what you mean as eating them for me seems a waste & hardly does anything (it seems snorting them makes a huge difference on the habit you build)

Snorting diazepam is pointless, I am not convinced any difference in onset is perceptible beyond placebo. Same goes for most if not all benzodiazepines... even if there was a marginal, marginal difference it's not worth the stress on your nasal mucus membranes, really you only want to be snorting pure powders, not pills with all the inactive binders and whatnot.

That said... not to derail this thread too much but snorting zolpidem is definitely, surprisingly, qualitatively different and more intense than just eating it... I haven't done any in ages because I found it was just too disinhibiting even though it's very fun.

Since I found taking Zopiclone this way is such a different feeling it's my sworn by ROA & I know what you mean as eating them for me seems a waste & hardly does anything (it seems snorting them makes a huge difference on the habit you build)
I wasn't too impressed with zopiclone compared to zolpidem... although I only really tried eating it I think, I believe I tried snorting it once, but I wasn't sure if it would be effective and it was pretty gross so maybe I didn't snort enough of it... how much do you usually need to snort to experience good effects?

If you've tried zolpidem also, how do you find difference between snorting and eating zopiclone to compare to zolpidem?

If you've tried zolpidem
Sadly not, I've asked the doctor but for some reason he wasn't happy to do it & my usual man that gives me his script can also only get Zopiclone too.

how much do you usually need to snort to experience good effects?

7.5mg will put a normal person on their back, I usually do a bit more due to the amount of times I've done them.

My journey started when a friend ( yes, he’s still a friend) overheard me mention I just got a script for Ritalin. He started using terms I was unaware of. Like BA, CWE, potentiator, insufflation. You get it. So of course I try snorting it, and pretty sure the results of that method with that med are well known here. So, that quickly became my ritual. And subsequently other prescription drugs joined the party. Now it includes hydrocodone, diazepam, fioricet, and newly Percocet. (All prescribed, Percs recently replaced Tabs)

I’ve tried Percs and Tabs orally, but it just doesn’t compare. And I barely feel a thing taking Rits by mouth.

I’ve been referring to this site for a long time now, and I have thick skin. So let me have it. I’d like to try kicking this without professionals, as it took many years to get these medicines. ( I actually do need them FWIW) Guess I should mention I’m 50 ,and should damn well know better, as it may change your response.

Let me also include this: I do not have an addictive personality. I’ve tried almost everything and had no trouble stopping any of it. Stopped drinking and smoking cold turkey and never looked back. Snorting is my Achilles heel.

Any and all help is appreciated. Sorry for the rambling.

No grief from me, I'm in your position and feel exactly the same, I'm nearly 40 and I should know better. I will hope for you to get through this when you are ready. I hit rock bottom 2 weeks ago, had a huge car crash and haven't touched any illegal drugs since. I'm still taking methadone but finally they are lowering my dose and I'm starting to put weight on again. I found that taking MMT deadly serious really does help, we are only lying to ourselves and stopping it working otherwise. You are no worse than 90% here and those who lurk this site, please don't be so harsh on yourself. Take it day by day, I'm feeling the WDs now but every day is 1 closer to freedom. I wish that I could say 100 percent that I won't fuck up again, I cant ,I'd be lying to you, the point is WE are all the same, same struggles and mistakes we all make, addiction doesn't discriminate against age my friend. I wish you nothing but good things and if you do decide to get clean, maybe update us on here as it's always good to feel proud of our successes and honest about our mistakes. I totally still feel like a junkie on the methadone but I've cut people out my life and I'm always honest with my wife,shes very supportive, a friend or family member who looks down on junkies and drugs is invaluable as if they love you they will be honest with you and how your effecting your life. One love.

mine's like that I don't snort very often but I still also use my left cuz I'm a dumb ass
I've Been using on AND off for 10 years but used mostly my left side cause i have a deviated septum, i couldn't snort Through my right one only after years of trying. By this point my left was fucked up, Now the right Is kinda fked up also. The nose Is something not to fk around with.

I've Been using on AND off for 10 years but used mostly my left side cause i have a deviated septum, i couldn't snort Through my right one only after years of trying. By this point my left was fucked up, Now the right Is kinda fked up also. The nose Is something not to fk around with.
when I was younger if snort any thing I feel ya that shitbags fucked up

Take care of ur nose, it doesn't repair itself.

Yeah, long term snorting of drugs can even cause a hole to develop from one nostril to other, and that kind of cartilaginous parts of the body don't repair themself like epithelia or bone would.

I typo- ed my last post i ment I fucked up
I herd saline idk if that's the right spelling but is suppose to help the the nose, I haven't tried it, but after you reach a certain point the damage is irreparable