• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Adderrall tolerance questions.

OwnedInTheDome

Greenlighter
Hello, I am 24, 6'2 280 lbs...so I'd say I have a pretty low metabolism haha. I am using these recreationaly and have no script. Pills are 10mg adderrall IR.

Long version:

A few mondays ago I decided to try adderrall for the 1st time. I took 30mg 2 hours after eating while working in a house I'm remodeling. I usually hate being at this house, but when the adderrall kicked in, things were different. I was focused, got a lot of stuff done, felt good about doing it, felt really relaxed, a bit euphoric, comfortable and content and happy. After the house I started drinking alcohol until about 7:30am, only eating a can of chili at about 6:30am after taking the adderrall.

Next day (tuesday) I woke up super hung over but had tons of errands. I ate a peanut bar and popped 40mg of adderrall. This time was even better, much more euphoric, much more relaxed, comfortable, happy, killed my hang over, was focused and again got a bunch of stuff done. I felt great.

A week later on Monday I went to work on the house again. I popped 20mg right after eating. My gf got lazy and decided we would go home and watch TV instead. Not sure if it was because I took them right after I ate or I wasn't doing anything to make me notice a change in pace but I didn't feel anything, bummed.

Another week later (Wednesday, yesterday) I decided to take 40mg right after eating lunch (2 lean pockets). Nothing like the 40mg from the Tuesday 2 weeks ago. No euphoria at all, felt comfy, content, focused, but definitely much less than either time taking them 2 weeks ago. Sometimes I didnt even notice the extra drive it gave me, almost as if it came in small waves. I was definitely awake, and my body didn't ache like it usually does towards the end of a work day, a bit more energy and slightly more talkative but very disappointed on how lacking this time was.

Short version:

30mg monday 2 hrs after food, eat only 1 can chili after, 40mg Tuesday - very nice and euphoric

1 week later Monday 20mg right after food, no effects. 1 week more on Wednesday 40mg right after food, no euphoria, very little effects compared to the Monday or Tuesday 2 weeks ago.

My questions:

Is this because I took them right after I ate, or could I really be building a tolerance this hard, this quickly?

How far inbetween doses should I wait before recreationaly doing these again? I don't want to have to take more than 30 or 40mg for the same/similar effects.

I was thinking about grabbing 20 more 10mg and taking them in similar patterns recreationaly/sharing with friends and then taking a breaking for a while/moving on....but I don't want to dig myself a hole too deep.

Thanks for the input. Sorry it got lengthy, I try to be as descriptive as possible.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with physical tolerance. Taking it after eating can dull the effects. The amount you are taking is fairly low if you are looking for a high - I'd usually take at least 40-80mg when studying and for the euphoria.

Tolerance does build fast, but is also fades quickly. When going on binges I'd nearly double my dose each consecutive day. Taking at least a week break between uses will not develop any physical tolerance, but the more you do it the less "unique" it becomes and your brain can acclimate to the effects and thus you don't feel the effects as strongly. If you get used to it, the effects aren't as pronounced.

1) If you dont have a script, you dont know what youre taking. make sure it's adderall and test it if you got it from the street.
2) Like the other post said, 20mg is a low dose if youre looking to tweak but eveyrones different. Im not sure if weight and height has anything to do with it, but even when I had a low tolerence, it would take me 40mg+ of IR to really feel "euphoria" states.
3) Be careful because amps are addictive and can lead to other health problems. Once you get above 30mg you'll have a crash to contend with and once you get into huge ranges (which you will trust me) the crash will be brutal. Anything above 60mg is not gonna produce much more dopamine as this is offset by the levoamphetamine in Adderall.