• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Now I'm not here to get high. I just wanna feel my adderall like I did. Given the shock it's been since there is a manufacturing problem I don't even bother asking my doc to raise it. However I first got on them isn't wasn't a rush. Rather just a calm sweet afterglow. Now it's like I used to be. I don't want to shorten my script so is there any viable way of enhancing it or just take a break for awhile?

4 future reference I take 20 IR twice daily.
I would just be honest with my doctor and say that it's not working like it was and request that he bump it up to three 20mg IR a day. This is not a high dose.

I would note that it was wearing off early in the day and say you feel like the extra 20 (or maybe even a ten) would get you through the evening.

Your doctor already prescribing you Adderall so that's the hard part. You just have to know how to talk to them.

IR dosing is usually three times a day so I would highlight that it's not working all day and you might get your script bumped up.

I used to take 70mg Vyvanse a day and 20mg IR Adderall in the evening for the same reason.

The only real way to lessen tolerance is to take a break. There's no trick or way around it.
Dissociatives (NMDA antagonists) might indeed offer a way around tolerance breaks. Low-dose DXM (50-150mg/d) helped me to sustain methylphenidate for months when usually tolerance would hit within a few weeks. Even had to stop it because it became over-stimulating and the doc didn't want to prescribe me IR methylphenidate and the lowest Concerta dose were 18mg. Should work with amphetamines as well. If possible, get memantine, it's way cleaner than DXM but that one also does the job well. Just check your blood pressure and pulse when titrating up.

Be prepared for solid potentiation so you might want to take less than your usual amph dosage.

If at possible knowing me, I guess it's break time. I don't want to rush to three a day. I care about my doctor. Been doing psychiatry for 50 yrs. Yes he's that old yet his wisdom is great and he has been the most caring willing to help doctor I've ever had. I even Said I made many mistakes, I have many regrets. I know that ppl like him get abused without the offender giving it a second thought. If I can ill just stop and reset my tolerance. They don't prescribe dexadrine anymore do they?

Wait do you mean you take it and feel like you used to without any?

Yes, it's like the focuse isn't there. Yes the euphoria was nice but I just have ADD inentittive type. So I'm just taking a while break.

Is the dose too high or maybe spread it out more?

If your saying you got some euphoria but no focus now when you took it maybe your getting overstimulated to the point you can't focus as well. Like 10mg 4x a day vs like 40mg 1x

Or im just totally reading your message wrong lol good luck

Lol. Nah it's 20 MG spread out twice a day. But the drug I love the most is meth, but I run from it like the plague. Maybe that has something to do with it cuz it's not dexmethamphetmine but dexamphentemine.

What's the highest dose of Adderall IR. I tried to suggest XR but he said let's keep it where it's at. Does IR have an advantage over XR? What about Dexadrine. I don't know if they even make those anymore.

Hey @sonicwhite

What you're describing is pretty text-book for chronic Amphetamine usage. I mean in the scope of prescribed Amphetamines, taken at relatively normal, stable dosages. For what it's worth, Amphetamines taken at levels like your 40mg daily, for instance, show much more viability for chronic usage than Benzodiazepines. I say this because, although they are prescribed often in an identical fashion xxmg twice per day, monthly scripts etc. Benzodiazepines are significantly more problematic.

I'm digressing, but I am in agreement that you probably just need to take a break. There is nothing that will be as effective as simply taking a break from the medication. Raising your dosage will not be the solution that many believe it to be.

I believe that the benefit produced by Amphetamines would be best utilized by doing regular wash-out days. I think it would make the most sense to take Amphetamines 5 days a week i.e. during your work week, when mental and physical demands are high, while taking a break on the weekend.

The idea of a drug that can be taken forever at the same dosage with the same effects is not unheard of in the world of drugs, but it's definitely considered anomalous. For instance, they say Diethyl Ether produces no tolerance. Who knows if this is true or not.

At the very least, I would try taking one day off per week. Alternatively, you could do something like, one day with no Amphetamine and one day with half your dose, only 20mg. You could take the 20mg, in divided doses of 10mg as you would normally take it. Let's say your Saturday often has more obligations than your Sunday. You can then return to taking the Amphetamine as normal for the other 5 days of the week. I think if you were to try this for a month you would be blown away by the results.

What an extra 20mg Amphetamine could do would pale in comparison to what a tolerance break will produce. This is true with basically every drug I've ever used.

You with all your savvy wisdom lol, jk. Yeah I know I have to. I just don't want the cravings. I can careless about withdrawals. I wished there was a way to substitute it w something else but I know I'm going to have to resist. I have just such a weak will power but if not done what will that benefit me?

What's the highest dose of Adderall IR. I tried to suggest XR but he said let's keep it where it's at. Does IR have an advantage over XR? What about Dexadrine. I don't know if they even make those anymore

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I'm pretty sure that's why Hunter S. Thompson ate grapefruit all the time, because it inhibits a certain liver enzyme responsible for metabolizing a lot of different drugs and boosting their efficacy, one of which is amphetamines.

Edit: I'm wrong lol, goes the other way for amps.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I'm pretty sure that's why Hunter S. Thompson ate grapefruit all the time, because it inhibits a certain liver enzyme responsible for metabolizing a lot of different drugs and boosting their efficacy, one of which is amphetamines.
Grapefruit will diminish the effect of the Adderall, an amphetamine, The citric acid destroys Adderall. It won't completely eliminate the effects of your Adderall, but it will reduce it. Doctors usually recommend not to take vitamin C or anything containing citric acid in conjunction with amphetamines. I personally prefer to drink orange juice or take vitamin C near the end of my day so I can sleep at night.

Grapefruit will diminish the effect of the Adderall, an amphetamine, The citric acid destroys Adderall. It won't completely eliminate the effects of your Adderall, but it will reduce it. Doctors usually recommend not to take vitamin C or anything containing citric acid in conjunction with amphetamines. I personally prefer to drink orange juice or take vitamin C near the end of my day so I can sleep at night.

Okay, my apologies, didn't mean to provide false info. Now that I recall, amphetamines are the exception that get diminished when taken with grapefruit/C. Honestly a little ashamed I forgot that as long as I was prescribed it, lol. Maybe HST was trying to perform some hoodoo on his mescaline lol.