• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall usage, could I be ADD/ADHD? No focus and no crash?

Crack'r

Bluelighter
I was given Adderall 30mg XR by my Dr because I have 2 really rare blood diseases that result in me being anemic and cause people to be tired even if not anemic. I was once a very active person and hated always being sleepy and tired.

The first few times I took them I did get that speedy feeling and sweated profusely but it started going away pretty quickly. I have also ground the beads up and swallowed it (the taste isn't terrible but something about it makes me gag and mentally turns my stomach) and didn't notice a difference. Even took 2 this way out of curiosity and if taken at same time I notice a slightly more racy feeling but not by much. And if I take it like an hour later you feels absolutely no different than one. I even tried plugging the ground up pill and it had less an effect as swallowing a whole XR pill (I have way too much experience plugging). I mainly was just experimenting some and don't have much interest in abusing them. In the end, swallowing the XR pill was most effective.

However, if I take one XR pill in morning around 8 it gives me energy all day and even where I can easily stay up until 2-3 am and only get 3-5 hours of sleep and don't feel terrible from lack of sleep as I used to get 9-10 and still be tired. I also don't experience any crash or comedown feeling and I don't notice myself being more focused than without. Just not as sleepy and tired. I also don't take them everyday if I can though lately it has been more often and I don't have any cravings. I do sweat a lot but I always have and it's the middle of summer in Florida and we have almost constant 90-100% humidity so sweating is a part of life.

I guess I don't get a lot of the feelings that I read others are getting and wondering what the difference is? Why I don't feel focused or have a crash? And why IR and even double don't feel different? Is there a chance I could have ADD/ADHD? I did well enough in HS to get a full ride to college and graduated from a highly regarded engineering program with honors. So I don't think I had ADD but math comes easy to me and I didn't have to study much and didn't really study for tests when we got together in groups. Just sat there or showed others how to do things. Anyways, just curious. Maybe this is just a reasonable dose that I'm not abusing ( wasn't worth it) and I don't crash because it's XR?

Sorry got so long. Just like to include details and type fast.

-------------------

TL/DR

I take adderall 30mg XR for energy and not to be tired from health problems and don't get focus or a crash and seems to last all day (16 hours?). Even grinding it so it's IR, taking double, and plugging doesn't make feelings much, if not less, stronger. Taking one 30mg XR orally is most effective and all I do now. Could I have ADD? Or just an effective dose for me?

Thanks for any insight as I'm curious why I don't get effects most talk about? I'm 210# (could stand to lose 10#), 6'2" male if that makes a difference