• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Adderall+Sleep Deprivation=Decreased Effectiveness?

DonMakaveli

Bluelighter
Not too sure if this is the right place to put this so if its not can a Mod please relocate .

So around noon yesterday, Sunday i took my first dose of Addy after over a month of not taking any which was 50mg. Couldn't sleep that night so Iv been up straight since then. This morning around 8 I took 60mg since I had a busy morning & I couldn't stay home n rest up so that dose was to try negating some of the shitty feeling I had from no sleep n to stay focused but within the first hour after taking the dose, which was more than yesterdays, I could barley notice any effects. I had some mild alertness, less euphoria, n some focus but no where neeaarr what i had yesterday. Im sure it cant do anything with tolerance cuz I only took one dose yesterday after going on a month++ break, so im convinced that its the lack of sleep I had. Is their any evidence proving this or explanation to why exactly not getting sleep for 24+ hours etc causing dderalls decreased effectiveness ??

As for my next dose, it would be best for me to rest up after this fully wears off n get some long sleep tonight then dose again tomorrow ? Right

I don't think this thread is appropriate for TDS.

Your medication will not work well if you aren't getting sleep; this goes for most medicines, and not just Adderall.

Not getting sleep will also lead to not feeling right/good, so please get some sleep.

I don't think this thread is appropriate for TDS.

Your medication will not work well if you aren't getting sleep; this goes for most medicines, and not just Adderall.

Not getting sleep will also lead to not feeling right/good, so please get some sleep.

Nuff said. Just wanted confirmation on what I was already thinking,

Nuff said. Just wanted confirmation on what I was already thinking,

Yeah of course man.

During sleep, your brain is replenishing neurotransmitters that are essential for daily functioning, as well as essential for your medication to work properly.

Do you have a hard time getting to sleep after using the Adderall?

Yeah of course man.

During sleep, your brain is replenishing neurotransmitters that are essential for daily functioning, as well as essential for your medication to work properly.

Do you have a hard time getting to sleep after using the Adderall?

Not normally, usually dont. But I noticed tho, always always, when I take a break from adderall like a month or longer then when I take that first dose I cant sleep that night. Even when I take it early in the day around 11,noon or 1 and not redosing throughout, I just CANT sleep later later that night. Its like a simple 40-50mg IR one time dose early on, actually lasts FOREVER, struggling at 2 or 3am to fall asleep n just can..not. Which is exactly what happened yesterday. Its like maybe after my tolerance reaching almost zero, then taking a dose n when it wears off the anxiety is severe. My heart beat is still kinda racing after 12+ hours after taking a IR dose. Me knowing damn well that IR adderall dosent/shouldnt last that long & enough should be out of my system by then for me to ATLEASTT FALL asleep.. But after a while the crashes/comedowns arent that bad even with bit higher doses, guess I get used to it. Idk

Also is it possible that I may have a pre existing anxiety problem not yet diagnosed, & the adderalls side effects bein more intense?? I do notice anxiety usually but i thought its been from the use/abuse of my adderall+stress in my life..

This is an inappropriate topic for The Dark Side; I am going to move it to Other Drugs for you.

TDS >>> OD

~ Vaya

OP-Are you prescribed the Adderall/Dexedrine by a doctor? Or are you just taking it on your own? Try talking to your doctor if you are prescribed it. If you are just taking it, take less and do not take an even higher dose instead of sleeping or when you have not gotten rest. Make sure you stay hydrated and eat as well. Also were these XR (extended release or ones that last longer), or were they IR (instant release)? Did you swallow them like you should with a pill or did you take them in another ROA like some people do?

OP-Are you prescribed the Adderall/Dexedrine by a doctor? Or are you just taking it on your own? Try talking to your doctor if you are prescribed it. If you are just taking it, take less and do not take an even higher dose instead of sleeping or when you have not gotten rest. Make sure you stay hydrated and eat as well. Also were these XR (extended release or ones that last longer), or were they IR (instant release)? Did you swallow them like you should with a pill or did you take them in another ROA like some people do?

I am prescribed them, 30mg IR's. Yeah i think i will, i think it should nbe lowered back down to 20mg. No i always only orally pop them, verryy rarley will i even fuurther abusing them by snorting them. God that crash must be horrendous.

Even when I take it early in the day around 11,noon or 1

Amphetamine has a ~12 hour half life, so try taking it at maybe 6 or 8 AM, or after breakfast. Or, take less. Larger doses of amphetamine will last for 12, maybe 18 hours, if you don't have any tolerance.

I recommend taking a smaller dosage after your tolerance breaks. 40-50mgs of IR seems like a lot. Though I doubt your tolerance has gone done to near zero after a months time, I'm sure there is a notable difference in tolerance.

I've been taking Adderall for the past 2 months or so, sometimes days in a row and sometimes with days in between. Recently getting a hold of IRs... On Saturday night I took a total of 60mg (though it was orally, which is NOT my usual ROA so it wasn't anywhere near as effective). Sunday night I took 20mg, plugged which is my usual ROA, and it was a pretty light dose as expected. Now being Monday night, I plugged 30mg of Adderall IR around 10:15 PM or so. Almost midnight, but I'm definitely stimulated. Euphoria.... hard to really get that much anymore. I mean I still enjoy the high, but it's not super euphoric, at least not at 30mg.

And as much as I'd love to just keep increasing the dosage (I don't do redoses by the way), I don't want to suffer the impending anxiety that is going to come from higher doses. 40mg of IR plugged is usually what I take, but the past two nights I've tried taking less as I now only have 30mg left.

Adderall and any perscribed amp. develops decreased effects very fast. Lack of sleep will DEF play a major part. Even taking them every day you will notice decreased effects. When I was doing dexedrine or adderall i would always take the weekend off.

This is past rediculous now. Still cant sleep. Been 12 hours since last dose n this is with 30+ hrs lack of sleep, super tired but nope cant fall asleep. This has never happened to me.

Obviously if you get good sleep you will feel better and preform better. Also I definitely agree with captain heroin you should definitely get some sleep. But the real question is will adderall help if your already sleep deprived, I care about my adderall and it?s effectiveness but I care more about acting normal and not acting sleep deprived with huge pupiles talking fast as shit while being pale because of malnutrition.