• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Prescription

H

Having said this Doctors in my country are not beholden to the Health Insurances, in the US your doctor must call the insurance company to ask if they can prescribe you a drug. It’s nuts.

If you must take Amphetamine get lisdexamphetamine it’s bound to the amino acid l-lysine and consequently is a prodrug, which means no abuse potential. I would write you a script for that no worries.

You really do not want prescription Amphetamine around if you have substance abuse or substance dependence issues I cannot emphasise that enough, it will not end well for you.

This is in no way an accurate representation of relationships between doctors and insurance companies in the US @mammoth

Aside from things that can fall under the category of differences in prescribing philosophies, there’s lots and lots of misinformation in the 3 posts above.

I’ve also shadowed numerous noted physicians that speak on a lot of the above topics and have been working with patients for decades and have personally seen a LOT that goes against what is in those posts.

Also my opinion but seroquel for sleep is just a bad idea in general for most. That shit fucked up my head 100x more than my Adderall script has ever come close to doing.

Also my opinion but seroquel for That shit fucked up my head 100x more than my Adderall script has ever come close to doing.

Lots of people say seroquel “fucked them up” but I’m curious about what that means specifically? Were you on it long term or occasionally for sleep? I know anti-psychotics are hard to stop taking after a few months but how else did it ‘fuck you up’?

Lots of people say seroquel “fucked them up” but I’m curious about what that means specifically? Were you on it long term or occasionally for sleep? I know anti-psychotics are hard to stop taking after a few months but how else did it ‘fuck you up’?

For sleep and didn’t last long. 50mg didn’t do much besides give me mild akesthesia. Same with 75mg. Went to 100mg and the akesthesia was unbearable and I was up walking around my house for hours in the middle of the night. When I finally did go to sleep I couldn’t wake up the next day and was groggy as hell until 6pm.

Besides that it just made me feel weird and spaced out the next day. Half life is way too long for a sleep med IMO. Also makes Adderall much less effective the next day since a large portion is still active.

The whole anti psychotic class is one I’d stay away from for most people. Only good for psychedelic drug comedowns IMO

My questions are these:

Is it kosher to go into a psychiatrist's office and basically SAY you want to be prescribed a drug?
Should I tell this person I had taken it consistently for a year without a prescription and what affects it had on me?
generally it is mal-form to ask for a narcotic drug by name, BUT i would go about it this way, tell the psych, you've lately been wanting to have addy prescribed to you again, and explain that, you've been prescribed it in the past, and it had a significant positive impact on your day-to-day activity, and that you felt more functional on it but didn't take it all the time, but took it during the week and list maybe other things it helps you with (that doesn't make it sound like you NEEDED the drug to perform anything because this will be a huge con to them wanting to rx it for you) but there's nothing wrong with telling them you think you could benefit from it again, maybe leave buying from a friend out, if you must you can say a friend gave them to you and you had forgotten how much more functional they made you or something, but leave anything hinting at illegal/substance abuse out or else they will not rx it, i was honest with my doc when i asked for my script once upon a time but i didn't really think much of addy until this year, thankgod i saved them up but beware, it's very easy to fall onto the stuff as a crutch and tolerance rises quicker than youd think so, keep an eye on that if you get a script, didn't take long for me to become an amphetamine monster but thats because i was using it to stave off cocaine cravings and i somehow ended up enjoying the stuff while it also helps time go quicker since i'm cutting down from pain meds currently.

the stuff is for psychotic/schizo/bipolar disorder.

it blocks serotonin and dopamine receptors to some degree aka the two chemicals that provide a sense of wellbeing and pleasure.

while it can be used for sleep is because dopamine gives pleasure, joy, and energy so without it..... and then konking out serotonin will make you think of nothing but sleep, while i'm not very informed on the specifics for it's use/benefits for mental disorders, my mother takes the stupid things and always offers them to me, but i would rather throw them out the window than take them nontheless i have 400mg worth on my med tray that i haven't touched in years, i lol. still remember the day i was in highschool and just couldnt sleep before exams so she gave me one (i meddled in drugs so i didnt think to ask what i was taking, i just took it thinking it was a sleeping pill) well........ i woke up the next day stumbling and slurring my words, you'd have thought i woke up and had a bunch of drinks, which didn't wear off for several hours bad exp with it overall, took one for a coke comedown 2 years ago the last time i had one, it was effective at that but.. same effects as the 1st time the next day, stayed away from it ever since, i don't advocate it, but if it does work for you with minimal side effects and was rx'd to you then there's a medical reason the prescrbing physician thought it may be suited for you, but if you suffer negative effects, let them know.

the time a friend took one, and when he came to several hours later had told me he just slept really great, i looked at him and laughed, he was in a chair practically in a coma, drooling for a couple hours..

the stuff is for psychotic/schizo/bipolar disorder.

Thanks for detailed answer. I’ve been prescribed it for bi-polar in the past but stopped taking it (difficult process) because of weight gain and general lethargy. However I keep the script because I prefer it to benzos for getting through stim crashes and closing out psychedelic trips. Luckily I have the freedom to take very long naps when necessary! I also thought it slowed my cognitive processes and dulled my creativity a bit.

Thanks for detailed answer. I’ve been prescribed it for bi-polar in the past but stopped taking it (difficult process) because of weight gain and general lethargy. However I keep the script because I prefer it to benzos for getting through stim crashes and closing out psychedelic trips. Luckily I have the freedom to take very long naps when necessary! I also thought it slowed my cognitive processes and dulled my creativity a bit.
honest to god, i think that it's probably a good thing maybe? that you use that over benzodiazepines, considering some folks fall into the habit of using benzos after stimulants each and every time etc, i myself use them only if i absolutely need to or.. to take the edge off if i have to but i run out of the monthly scrip quite fast if i eat all my lyricas (which take the edge off of my amp use i tend to get edgy beyond a certain point that it helps with to a significant degree, i DO NOT enjoy taking a benzo alongside stims however as i would lyrica, theyre more to get some rest or to kill the shit feeling of a comedown when you're done but can still take the edge off if absolutely necessary but i'll stick to the lesser evil to use regularly)

Yeah I’d agree almost anything is better than benzos.

Not saying they don’t have their place - more so as a treatment for other psych conditions. Just don’t think it’s a great med to be handed out for sleep. Still better than benzos though.

Imo the scheduling makes no sense as benzos are WAY more addictive than amphetamine. I’ve seen countless people do insane shit to get benzos when going through withdraw and I’ve never seen anything close to that with amphetamine in any cases. A scheduling of amphetamine as a C4 and benzos as a C2 makes way more sense to me than the other way around.

Having said that I’ve also been through benzo withdraw and it’s something I’d never want to live through again.

Yeah I’d agree almost anything is better than benzos.
Having said that I’ve also been through benzo withdraw and it’s something I’d never want to live through again.
yep, i went through alcohol wd with the aide of benzos but nontheless..... it was not particularly as nice as eating some morphine/hydromorph i can tell ya that much, waking up after sleeping 3 hours sweating your ass off is.... yep no fun.

This is in no way an accurate representation of relationships between doctors and insurance companies in the US @mammoth

Aside from things that can fall under the category of differences in prescribing philosophies, there’s lots and lots of misinformation in the 3 posts above.

I’ve also shadowed numerous noted physicians that speak on a lot of the above topics and have been working with patients for decades and have personally seen a LOT that goes against what is in those posts.

Also my opinion but seroquel for sleep is just a bad idea in general for most. That shit fucked up my head 100x more than my Adderall script has ever come close to doing.

"Just asked me doc the other day cause I wanted one and I’m 26 and he gave it to my no questions asked"..?

If you were 26 yesterday, how can you make the above statement..?

Enlighten me..?

"Just asked me doc the other day cause I wanted one and I’m 26 and he gave it to my no questions asked"..?

If you were 26 yesterday, how can you make the above statement..?

Enlighten me..?

You read it incorrectly.

You read it as “I’ve shadowed numerous physicians, who speak on the above topics, and have been working with patients for decades.”

I meant “I’ve shadowed numerous physicians, who speak on the above topics and have been working with patients for decades.”

Thought that was self evident. Why would I shadow physicians if I’ve been working with patients for decades lol

Make sense?