• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall prescription, NEED ADVICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjz

Greenlighter
So I used to be prescribed vyvanse a few years ago but got off of it for a while (my choice) and stopped seeing my psychiatrist. I started seeing a psychiatrist again (different person) for medication management and I’ve been really considering talking to her about prescribing something for my ADD which we briefly discussed once before. I’ve recently been taking adderall here and there that a friend gives me and works for me better than vyvanse ever did but I was never actually prescribed it in the past. If I talk to my doc about wanting to be prescribed a med for my ADD and suggest adderall, should I say that I was prescribed it before and it worked well for me? My MAIN QUESTION here is how far back in the prescription history database are they able to see? If I told her it was years ago could she check all the way back to “whenever that was” to see? Basically it’s just that I don’t want to be prescribed vyvanse again once she and I discuss prescribing ADD meds at my next appointment. Just trying to figure out how to go about this in the best way.

They can see back as far as whenever the Rx tracking system or your medical history goes.

Also we dom't allow "how do I get prescribed xyz drug" threads.

Yeah sorry Kjz but as said we can't help you figure out strategies to convince your doctor to prescribe you this or that.

Rather, I would suggest you simply have an honest and open discussion about treatment options and your views on past treatment experiences, including how they compare to the adderall your friend now occasionally gives you.

I'll have to close this now, but good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.