• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall Overdose/Toxicity happening now. Correspondence please?

Ness83013

Greenlighter
I took way too much Adderall and I know things are not alright. I used to party a lot about 5 years ago, speed, but I changed my life and now I only party about once every month sometimes more, usually some molly or something. Well I took a lot of Adderall and have been.since 9am yesterday. I didn't even realize how much I had taken and whatnot until a few hours ago....I am pretty sure I am overdosing/toxicity. I'm not a paranoid person and never freak out on uppers so yeah.... I'm concerned. I've just been off in my own happy world then reality hit. I'm sitting in the shower writing this. Here are my symptoms which started about 6 hours ago, I just thought I was high or coming down but that's not the case.

Mucus-dark
Mucus in throat and coughing
Swelling
Hot and sweaty on and off
Not to be gross but (sudden small hard painless but on vagina)
Weird abrasions
Dizzyness/light headed/forgetfulness
Stomach pain
Skin discoloration and texture
Random hot spots/tingles etc
Vision and hear alterations
Nauseous
Shaking
Dry
Pain chest/Back/head
...few more

I've tried keeping water in me and showering often.
I haven't been hallucinating yet but I feel it coming on. I took two benadryl hours ago hoping it would help but it didn't edge me.

I've experienced a Methamphetamine overdose/overamp years back and this item reminding me somewhat of that. I usually don't sweat stuff but I'm actually getting nervous.

Has anyone experienced this before? Mind you I admit I took a lot, a lot. I just feel so bad. I'm nervous. My fault.

Any suggestions to what may 2 be going on? I wanted to reach out before taking the next step.

Side effects are still increasing as I write this. It's took me forever to write this damn thing due to can hardly focus.

I feel very sick. Advice? Similar experience? Suggestions?

Go to a hospital and get checked out. Tell them how much Adderall you took. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

I have taken really high doses of adderall and have the usual fast heart rate, palpitations, lightheadedness, stomach pain and other aches but your symptoms sound more serious I would go get checked out just to be safe. The ER deals with this type of stuff a lot so don't be afraid to go if you feel you're in danger zone. I had very similar symptoms to what you described while coming down from adderall a few weeks ago, I went to the doctor and turns out I just had bronchitis and the adderall comedown just made the symptoms a lot worse. Glad I went though because they gave me some tussionex for my bronchitis ?

Last edited:
Please go to a hospital. They'll give you a nice sedative and make sure that you're not in a potentially lethal situation. There's no other answer. Only you know your body, but when we detect that "something is seriously not right" in regards to our usual homeostasis, you must make the call. Trust me, going to the hospital for drug related hijinx becomes less embarassing over time ;). I befriended a nurse at Lowell General who was really sweet just by being in there all the time. These were the days before the real proliferation of Naloxone and an overdose or suspected overdose landed you immediately in the hospital for Narcan followed by discharge paperwork advising you to stop shooting Heroin.

I'm trying to be funny here, because the situation is not as dire as you think it might be. You will not be immediately issued a scarlett letter until the day of your death, but the hospital in question will definitely have a record of your visit.

the situation is not as dire as you think it might be. .

Exactly, too many times while coming down from a binge have I thought I was dying from liver failure or heart failure. Only to take a benzo and realize I'm fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, too many times while coming down from a binge have I thought I was dying from liver failure or heart failure. Only to take a benzo and realize I'm fine.

I apologize, as that was a little unclear. I do think that this is a pretty serious situation based upon OP's self-reporting, but it's hard to know. I was referring to the hospital visit as not being such a dire circumstance. Many people are afraid of being labeled, persecuted or just plain embarassed, none of which are grounds for not seeking medical attention.

I apologize, as that was a little unclear. I do think that this is a pretty serious situation based upon OP's self-reporting, but it's hard to know. I was referring to the hospital visit as not being such a dire circumstance. Many people are afraid of being labeled, persecuted or just plain embarassed, none of which are grounds for not seeking medical attention.

Sorry, didn't mean to downplay the situation. I said something similar in my initial post to op that the ER deals with stuff like this all the time and to not be afraid to go in and get checked out.

Sorry, didn't mean to downplay the situation. I said something similar in my initial post to op that the ER deals with stuff like this all the time and to not be afraid to go in and get checked out.

Oh no, not at all buddy. Simple misunderstanding, which was my fault.

Taking two benadyrl probably just increased the sympathetic effects of amphetamine shaking hot flush pulse racing. How many mg did u take