• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Adderall Orally "Healthier" than Snorting?

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Hi all, would you say taking Adderall orally is easier on the heart than snorting it would be? Is there a major difference? I do Adderall on weekends mainly for the energy, sometimes to drink and party and sometimes just to play games or whatever during quarantine. I usually don't go over 60 mg a night those 2 nights but I usually do snorting 10 mg lines once every few hours. I know its not healthy either way but seems like nothing is healthy these days except water and celery. I drink a lot of water, supplements, work out etc and I'm just trying to take every harm reduction measure possible while still enjoying it.

Thanks!

I mean it really is a debate and depends.

But the simple answer is any route of administration which increases bioavailability and the “high” is worse for your body and ultimately more likely to lead to addiction, increased doses, progression.

Snorting will damage your nasal cavity, while oral is generally safe but does affect certain organs.

I’d stick with eating them

Adderall taken orally has a magic euphoria to it while snorting it lacks the magic and is more of a fiendish short lived high

Snorting will always be less "healthy" than taking orally.

Hi all, would you say taking Adderall orally is easier on the heart than snorting it would be? Is there a major difference? I do Adderall on weekends mainly for the energy, sometimes to drink and party and sometimes just to play games or whatever during quarantine. I usually don't go over 60 mg a night those 2 nights but I usually do snorting 10 mg lines once every few hours. I know its not healthy either way but seems like nothing is healthy these days except water and celery. I drink a lot of water, supplements, work out etc and I'm just trying to take every harm reduction measure possible while still enjoying it.

Thanks!

Adderall is not as physically harmful as people like to state. Of course, this is all relative. I've abused the crap out of my script, but practice good health like eating the right things and working out when I am not. My script is not that large, so I usually go through it within a week and the remainder of the month I am speed-less.

You'd be surprised how much sleeping, diet, and healthy habits counteract the negative effects of stimulants. Still, there's always a toll for stimulants even the weaker ones like adderall/ritalin. The main issue with stimulant use is when people commit to high doses day after day without breaks in between. That's a good way to look like prince charming straight into smeagle. Drink lots of water when you are on them, and if you lack appetite try to drink a smoothie or protein shake.

Not to get dark on anyone, but there are people who have tried to off themselves via eating the entire said bottle of adderall in one go. They always seem to live. It takes a lot of this stuff to do some heavy damage (unlike methamphetamine). The reason cocaine can be very dangerous with larger doses is because while all stimulants increase heart rate, cocaine specifically restricts blood-flow to the heart itself. Amphetamines lack that restriction factor, making them 'safer.' 60 milligrams is really fine especially on occasion. Even with a low tolerance methinks. As far as stimulants go, adderall is one of the lesser harmful ones. I'm sure my lifestyle will add up in the long run, but I am totally okay with that lol.

I just can’t comprehend an Adderall addiction. Not to diminish anyone’s experience. But dex jitters me out at 80-100 mg and has no euphoria. Small doses good to work on though:

I just can’t comprehend an Adderall addiction. Not to diminish anyone’s experience. But dex jitters me out at 80-100 mg and has no euphoria. Small doses good to work on though:

It's one of the best feelings on earth to me. Hits the euphoria jackpot every single time and it's been going on for a while now lol.

Quite a few people struggle with adderall addiction--they just aren't as vocal about it because of this lack of understanding. It just looks like from an outside perspective that someone has little self-control or is just making bad choices. I can definitely state that it's a lot more than that. Can't tell you why for people like me the response is just pure dopamine and blows sobriety out of the water..

Stopped using it to 'focus' on things because I just end up gobbling more and more and it its uncontainable. I would chuck the script but every time something holds me back. Life is strange. None of the doctors have suspected my issues with it. It's not really well known as an abused drug. Just a "college" study aid.

I was as addicted as hell to amp sulfate, coke, and meth at different times so I am very curious as to why prescribed dex doesn’t get me. I have 1000 x 5 mg pills just sitting here / no temptation to gobble them at all.

Thank
Adderall is not as physically harmful as people like to state. Of course, this is all relative. I've abused the crap out of my script, but practice good health like eating the right things and working out when I am not. My script is not that large, so I usually go through it within a week and the remainder of the month I am speed-less.

You'd be surprised how much sleeping, diet, and healthy habits counteract the negative effects of stimulants. Still, there's always a toll for stimulants even the weaker ones like adderall/ritalin. The main issue with stimulant use is when people commit to high doses day after day without breaks in between. That's a good way to look like prince charming straight into smeagle. Drink lots of water when you are on them, and if you lack appetite try to drink a smoothie or protein shake.

Not to get dark on anyone, but there are people who have tried to off themselves via eating the entire said bottle of adderall in one go. They always seem to live. It takes a lot of this stuff to do some heavy damage (unlike methamphetamine). The reason cocaine can be very dangerous with larger doses is because while all stimulants increase heart rate, cocaine specifically restricts blood-flow to the heart itself. Amphetamines lack that restriction factor, making them 'safer.' 60 milligrams is really fine especially on occasion. Even with a low tolerance methinks. As far as stimulants go, adderall is one of the lesser harmful ones. I'm sure my lifestyle will add up in the long run, but I am totally okay with that lol.
Thank you for the response, I'm glad someone took time to provide long thought out insight rather than a one sentence response lol. Yeah I really try to not go over 60 mg each night Friday and Saturday. My main thing is the energy, I'm wiped out from work and working out daily when I get home I just like to have that added energy. Otherwise I'll just want to eat dinner and go to sleep like I do Mon-Tues-Weds-Thurs. There's been the occasional week nights that I'll snort 10-20mg just so I can stay up and game or watch TV. I always end up feeling guilty about that in my head though. So I try to stick to only weekends. I've been doing pretty much the same routine for a few years now, so hopefully that's a good thing tolerance wise? I take magnesium, COQ10, fish oil, multivitamin and drink a bunch of water most days on top of working out. So I hope I'll be ok, my hypochondria refuses to let me ever think im gonna be fine however..

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/inactive-ingredients-a-to-z.534538/ I guess it's up to you to decide if you think it's worth inhaling talc in the XR formula or colloidal silicon dioxide in the IR formula. They can cause health problems. That said, I do sniff Adderall XR although not often. Even so it's probably better to not do it at all and just take it orally or even rectally if you want to do that. It should be about as safe as oral

Hey man. Like audiobook said, there is a higher ultimate bioavailability when Amphetamines are insufflated. I don't think one ROA is significantly "healthier" than any other ROA. I think when we picture insufflation, we often harken back to Cocaine and its noted effects on the sinuses. Cocaine is in a league of its own in terms of its effects upon tissue. It reduces blood flow to areas it comes in contact with. The loss of blood supply leads to the degradation and eventual death of tissue leading to nose bleeds ---> physical holes in the sinuses etc.

But we are not dealing with Cocaine. We are talking about insufflating Amphetamine. You're pretty much guaranteed that insufflating random powders is going to be an insult to the tissue of the sinus, but I wouldn't consider it to be serious.

Whenever you insufflate any drugs, it's not a bad idea to flush your sinuses with some Saline using a Netipot or spray or what have you. You do this after the drug has been absorbed, maybe a couple of hours later. Your sinuses will appreciate it and you will be able to rest confidently.

Come on. The BLUA makes it clear we are only supposed to laugh quietly and offline at people who get addicted to Rx drugs and kiddie pops.

You dare make a mockery of the countless dicks I have had to suck for my daily Gabapentin? Shame on you sir.

Edit: Or madam, or non-binary gender negative comrade. They're coming after our bathrooms again! Grab your bump-stocks and your copies of Adam Smith because the war for our country is coming. China??