• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall on an Empty Stomach

Asparagus_Prince

Bluelighter
Well, for those of you that recall my "withdrawal" posts regarding Adderall... tomorrow I will be picking up my new script. I have a new commitment to 1) not snorting them, and 2) taking breaks and not going through them in 7-10 days.

Couple questions...

1) How much of a difference does it make when taking amphetamines on an empty stomach? Is that in our heads or really a thing? (I tend to think it's a thing otherwise I wouldn't do it, but wanted to hear other opinions)
2) In your opinion how much time does it take for your stomach to become "empty" again? For example, if I have a small bowl of cereal first thing morning, is my stomach probably empty again 4 hours after that? 6 hours?
3) If I take an Adderall and then eat 60-90 minutes later, in your opinion does that get the same exact effect of empty stomach? Or does eating 60-90 minutes after Adderall has "kicked in" still reduce the effects?

1. it will hit you about 15-40 minutes faster and you will peak more quickly, it will also lower the overall duration. It's usually better for most people to take on empty (unless your goal is for it to last as long as possible)
2. depends on how much you ate at your last meal. I'd say 4 hours for small meal, 8+ hours for a large meal
3. little difference, and in my experience it can actually help since it sends more blood to the stomach you will absorb whatever adderall is left in there quite quickly

1. it will hit you about 15-40 minutes faster and you will peak more quickly, it will also lower the overall duration. It's usually better for most people to take on empty (unless your goal is for it to last as long as possible)
2. depends on how much you ate at your last meal. I'd say 4 hours for small meal, 8+ hours for a large meal
3. little difference, and in my experience it can actually help since it sends more blood to the stomach you will absorb whatever adderall is left in there quite quickly
Thanks, NT (can I call you that?... lol)

As experienced as I am with Adderall, I can't remember the answers to these questions because for so long I've been swallowing the pills on an empty stomach, and then snorting them the rest of the day after I've eaten. That's got to stop.

I have been frustrated with the duration lasting seemingly 2-3 hours compared to 8 hours or so compared to the early days. If you're right that an empty stomach lowers the overall duration then I need to consider how this approach has been backfiring on me (I thought it was just a tolerance thing... which I'm sure is a factor too).

Thanks, NT (can I call you that?... lol)
sure, or negen, or Snafu. Hell you could call me poopybutt for all I care ;)

If you're right that an empty stomach lowers the overall duration then I need to consider how this approach has been backfiring on me (I thought it was just a tolerance thing... which I'm sure is a factor too).
are they instant release or XR?

yeah, if your goal is to use it for focus for more than 8 hours, don't take it on empty stomach

food simply make it take longer to absorb it, empty stomach it will absorb real fast because your stomach isn't distracted by digesting food

sure, or negen, or Snafu. Hell you could call me poopybutt for all I care ;)

are they instant release or XR?

yeah, if your goal is to use it for focus for more than 8 hours, don't take it on empty stomach

food simply make it take longer to absorb it, empty stomach it will absorb real fast because your stomach isn't distracted by digesting food
Instant release.

Thanks, poopybutt.

Hey @Asparagus_Prince!

@Negentropic has already given you some really great answers. I'll just piggyback on his posts and try to add a little bit. Any drug taken on an empty stomach is going to hit faster and have a faster peak in terms of metabolism. If we're talking about having a bowl of Cheerio's, this difference is going to be negligible. If you've been to the all you can eat buffet, it might take a half hour longer than on empty, but still not a huge difference.

It's important to note about Amphetamines that they are heavily effected by the Ph of the urine i.e. the acidity of the stomach and bladder etc. By taking Amphetamine with a less-acidic environment, you can effectively boost the potency and duration by a significant margin. Playing with the Ph of your urine is the only fast and easy way to boost the effects of Amphetamines. Keep in mind, even if you take the Amphetamine by a different route, the overall acidity of your urine is still going to have a major impact on the metabolism of the drug.

If you take antacids, that's stuff like Tums (Sodium Bicarbonate) or Baking Soda before and during your use of Amphetamine, you will probably see a noticeable difference in the way the drug afffects you. I'm not going to break it all down here, but I'll give you a link to a medical journal that does sum it all up pretty well.

I'm not belittling you in any way, but you're asking the wrong questions. Pretty much all three of your questions considered variables that are really not of any significance here. Urinary Ph is what you need to consider.

If you take antacids, that's stuff like Tums (Sodium Bicarbonate) or Baking Soda before and during your use of Amphetamine, you will probably see a noticeable difference in the way the drug afffects you. I'm not going to break it all down here, but I'll give you a link to a medical journal that does sum it all up pretty well.

I've heard of this but never tried it.

Do you happen to know about how Prilosec/omezerapole (the 24 hour acting acid reducer) influences Adderall? Many years ago I stopped taking Prilosec because I was under the impression it had the opposite effect and killed some of the Adderall's power. But yesterday I decided to start taking it again... nothing to do with Adderall, but just because I'm tired of the acid. However, I am going to take it at night with my other meds instead of the morning like I used to. I wonder if taking it at the opposite pole of the day from when I typically take Adderall will make any difference?
I'm not belittling you in any way, but you're asking the wrong questions.
That's why I'm here. To be set straight.