• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Adderall - Moving from Oral(XR) to Plugging

NotForTfear

Greenlighter
Hey there.
I've been prescribed Adderall XR in the 20mg range and have sometimes been doubling that to 40 for extra effect, which is working fine, but uses up my prescription unnecessarily fast and has a high dosage.

I'm planning on moving to plugging it, but I'm not sure what a good equivalent dosage would be. I'm practicing harm reduction as much as possible in the preparation of it, and while I understand the mechanical process quite well, the one part where I'm not sure is how much the dose changes when plugging. Is there any way to calculate a dosage equivalence, even roughly? I'm leaning towards trying to plug it 10mg at a time.

I've been plugging my IR for +5 years. I take multiple months of breaks at a time to reset my system. I tried to plug XR when I was still getting it, and If I remember correctly i'd subtract 10 mg if i was taking XR and I'd add 10mg if I was taking IR. Eventually I told my doctor I needed to get to bed earlier and the XR was screwing with my sleep. He switched me to the IR right away which I think is so much better for plugging.

I've been plugging my IR for +5 years. I take multiple months of breaks at a time to reset my system. I tried to plug XR when I was still getting it, and If I remember correctly i'd subtract 10 mg if i was taking XR and I'd add 10mg if I was taking IR. Eventually I told my doctor I needed to get to bed earlier and the XR was screwing with my sleep. He switched me to the IR right away which I think is so much better for plugging.
How long were you on xr before you asked to switch? I just got put on 20mg xr and would probably prefer IR, but don’t want to ask because I’m not close to my psych and don’t want to seem drug seeking.

Also OP I noticed it works a little better if you crush the beads with mortar and pestle, not sure if you are looking for euphoria or not though.

I was on xr for 30-35 days. It was the first month I got it prescribed. People DO actually have that complaint about XR keeping them up too late though. It actually did keep me up later than I needed to be for my kids. I also like IR, because I know I can take half my dose some days where my errands are finished early.

If I were you, I'd genuinely state how important your sleep schedule must be. Stress that it must be iron clad. Your Job, Kids, sick Parent, Medical School & Internship (We all have super important things that we cannot afford to NOT do) ; These are daily responsibilities that demand you to have an impenetrable schedule. The XR keeping you up even 30-45 mins past your bedtime will equal catastrophe not just for your following day, but for all your loved ones that depend on you.

Communicating firmly about how serious the real life consequences which have brought you back to your Doctors office is all that you need to remember when speaking to any Doctor. However, it's Especially important when speaking with your Doctor about your controlled prescription medication.

Doctors are Bullshitted about 50% of the day as a direct result of the DEA and the holier than thou bullshit tyranny that they exert over the population who demands it's abolition. Then, we, the people who truly benefit from a lot of controlled prescription medications, subconsciously associate our pursuit for adequate medicine as a criminal pursuit instead. By the time the Doctor opens the door, most people are so nervous (they're afraid they're going to keep living without their meds) and defeated by how they've been treated and spoken to by politicians and hospitals, they end up spitting out a phony and obviously rehearsed excuse as to why the Doc should write a script for XYZ.

It's fucked up. The "war on drugs" has convinced all of us that we're all junkies & pieces of shit for simply attempting to receive adequate and sufficient healthcare.