• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall making me tired, is this normal?

Trinitya

Bluelighter
I came across an unused adderall in my cabinet the other day and decided to take it. According to pill DBs it's an Adderall IR 30mg.

I was expecting to be kinda bouncy, hyper, or somewhat wired (highly motivated to do everything) when taking this. However it does the complete opposite of what it usually does for others.

Not only am I tired, but I am also hungry and really really calm and relaxed, aside from much better attention span and focus than I usually have. Does this mean I have ADHD or something or is this not a normal reaction? Only asking because I'm worried of some of the side effects that are mentioned and wanna make sure I'm not having a heart attack or something crazy like that. First time stimulant user (outside of caffeine and nicotine, that is) if that helps any.

Amphetamine doesn't necessarily work the way it's depicted in films and literature. Even a lot of the descriptions I've read from users don't seem to reflect what I experienced. I remember a few people saying they were quite surprised because of how different it was to what they expected.

I found the effects much more apparent after using it a few times, especially after using for a few days in a row. At first, it seemed deceptively mellow. I actually felt quite hungry after a couple of hours.

Amphetamine doesn't necessarily work the way it's depicted in films and literature. Even a lot of the descriptions I've read from users don't seem to reflect what I experienced. I remember a few people saying they were quite surprised because of how different it was to what they expected.

I found the effects much more apparent after using it a few times, especially after using for a few days in a row. At first, it seemed deceptively mellow. I actually felt quite hungry after a couple of hours.

A friend of mine who used it before that I should feel the exact opposite of how I was feeling. Usually when you hear the word "speed" you assume it makes you faster or something both mentally and physically. As you can see that doesn't seem to be the case, as stated by you.

I'm not complaining, I've been trying to find the right medication for me after years of failure with SSRI and antipsychotic meds (Made me too flat and sick or just plain sick or irritible), and I think I may have found it. I don't get high off of it really, I just feel normalized and slowed down to the point where most of my anxiety and inattentiveness was pretty much gone. Coming down off of it, I don't feel like I need to take more or anything negative so I guess that is a plus, but it really helped me with a lot of the issues I have, which is why I was hoping this wasn't some deadly side effect or whathaveyou.

Thanks for the answer though, glad to hear nothing bad is happening on my end!

Yeah I'm sure you're fine. A lot of people do get more typical effects, but it's not like that for everyone. I don't think it suggests that someone has ADHD if they feel a bit mellow on amphetamine anyway.

Makes some people feel calm and confident, others get quite jumpy and paranoid. Some people feel really focused, others can't concentrate on one thing for more than ten seconds. A regular user may experience a mix of all of those things at one time or another.

Even slightly different forms (evekeo, adderall, dexedrine for example) can have significant differences in subjective effects.

yes it’s not very common but definitely not unheard of. Sometimes i actually start nodding out when my adderall kicks in, it’s very strange.

If i’m tired but can’t sleep cos of the comedown, i take a small amount of the stimulant (unless its meth) just before bed, mainly to decimate the dread and let the albeit low dopamine rush mask some of the side effects. Works best with good coke

Oh, and i have no trouble eating on stims either. Usually keep it to fruits, berries and proteins, and then binge on candy, homemade cookies or great junkfood during the comedown and the day after. Always try to fill my protein quota tho

Adderall only ever worked for a couple days for me, I've always been a heavy stimulant user, so adderall definitely underwhelmed me. After the first day I had to use obscene amounts to keep going.

I'm on Adderall IR 15 mg now. I like the fact that I'm not bouncy and hyper on it. It won't make you feel like you just snorted coke. The XR version probably would've given you that bouncing-off-the-wall feeling.
Adderall IR is subtle based on my experience. There's a calm energy that allows me to focus and socialize without anxiety. You said you're hungry on it, I have no desire to eat all day long on it.

I wouldn't say that your experience is totally out of the ordinary. It's definitely what not what most people would subjectively report, but as others have said, the effects of Amphetamiens are not always how they are commonly thought of or depicted. You really didn't consume that much Amphetamine either. It would be considered a moderate dose, but we're not talking about seeing spiders or anything like that.

I actually think I would probably describe a similar reaction to that amount of Amphetamine. I also remember my first experience with Amphetamines, I took a very large dose of Amphetamine and although everyone around me reported that I was acting totally hyper, I just felt a calm, warm energy coursing through me. As I have continued to use Amphetamines sporadically through the years, that calm, warm energy has definitely taken on a dirtier feeling.

^ thought I was the only one lol. Adderall always felt like a really dirty high to me, even meth felt cleaner, wasn't worth the dirty feeling to me.

I came across an unused adderall in my cabinet the other day and decided to take it. According to pill DBs it's an Adderall IR 30mg.

I was expecting to be kinda bouncy, hyper, or somewhat wired (highly motivated to do everything) when taking this. However it does the complete opposite of what it usually does for others.

Not only am I tired, but I am also hungry and really really calm and relaxed, aside from much better attention span and focus than I usually have. Does this mean I have ADHD or something or is this not a normal reaction? Only asking because I'm worried of some of the side effects that are mentioned and wanna make sure I'm not having a heart attack or something crazy like that. First time stimulant user (outside of caffeine and nicotine, that is) if that helps any.

It sounds like you have either ADD or ADHD. Adderall/Dexedrine also can do this to me. I would take it as prescribed in low doses of 5mg, 10mg, or 15mg orally, and even if I took it late in the day or early evening I could still easily fall asleep that night. Sometimes when I would take it before classes early in the morning I would actually fall asleep on it during class if I was bored.

If you have ADD or ADHD you are not going to get a "high" from Adderall/Dexedrine.

I met a person who told me that he falls asleep almost immediately after taking a very high dose of Adderall. The appetite increasing, or even simply remaining in a natural cycle, has me puzzled though.

I also know someone who becomes incredibly hyperactive after taking alprazolam.

In general, a drug could do anything. There are only commonalities that, for instance, earn amphetamine a name like "speed" or "upper."