• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Adderall in comparison to 5 Hour Energy

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Hi all, quick question

I do not have ADHD but I am prescribed Adderall which I take recreationally on the weekends, usually anywhere from 30-60 MG per day on Friday and Saturday. Usually about 10-15 MG dosages at a time up the nose. Very rarely take any at all any other day of the week. Well anyways I have a bowling league I go to after a long work day on Thursday nights and I'm usually extremely tired so I was wondering what would be better for energy boost. A 10-15 mg dose or a 5 Hour Energy? The reason I'm asking is because in terms of overall effects on health and me trying to use adderall as few days as possible so I dont develop a tolerance and all that. Is 5 Hour Energy that much healthier than addy? 5 hour energy makes me extremely jittery but if its considered a safer alternative then I'll use that instead.

Kind of a bizarre question but any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 hout energy is effectively just caffeine and some miscellaneous ingredients that have, at best, moderate effects when compared to the caffeine.

Caffeine tends to mostly keep people awake without effecting thought processes too much. Amphetamine tends itself to more task-oriented hyperfocus.

Either of them would proably work. Remember you don't need to take the whole dose of the 5hr whatever all at once - some of them have an awful lot of caffeine, and if you lack a tolerance it would absolutely make you jittery.

5 hout energy is effectively just caffeine and some miscellaneous ingredients that have, at best, moderate effects when compared to the caffeine.

Caffeine tends to mostly keep people awake without effecting thought processes too much. Amphetamine tends itself to more task-oriented hyperfocus.

Either of them would proably work. Remember you don't need to take the whole dose of the 5hr whatever all at once - some of them have an awful lot of caffeine, and if you lack a tolerance it would absolutely make you jittery.
In terms of heart health wise and all that is there much of a difference? I know they'll both give me energy just deciding on the pros and cons of each

The amount of caffeine you would need to compare to even a small dose of amphetamine is physically dangerous and even then it isn't as good.

If you have health problems related to stimulant use you might just want to cut back your amp use without replacing it and accept that you might have to try harder to accomplish tasks on those days.

The amount of caffeine you would need to compare to even a small dose of amphetamine is physically dangerous and even then it isn't as good.

If you have health problems related to stimulant use you might just want to cut back your amp use without replacing it and accept that you might have to try harder to accomplish tasks on those days.
I dont have any issues that I'm aware of I'm just speaking in terms of harm reduction and tolerance purposes. I'd like to keep taking it on the weekends if possible

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Any substitute is going to slow your recovery, You have to allow time for your neurotransmitters to bounce back as well, it's best to have your break days be completely free of stims or other drugs.