• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall- How Many 'Breaks' Does It Take to Limit Tolerance Increases?

Asparagus_Prince

Bluelighter
I know there is no perfect answer and that everyone is different. I just want to hear people's spitball guesses or personal experiences. I suppose the same question could be asked about a variety of other drugs, too.

What is the minimum amount of "breaks" you think it would take to maintain the same dose long-term?

From a weekly perspective I am wondering if 4 use days and 3 off days might be enough.

5 use days, 2 off days?
2 use days, 5 off days?

If I'm right that 4/3 would work, do you think the 3 off days would be better all clumped together back to back to back? Or more evenly spread around?

I tend to think the 3 days in a row might be better because that's closer to a detox and getting the Adderall close to entirely out of my system. Single days here and there will never do that, but then again the single-day approach sorta feels right too.

Hi @Asparagus_Prince I don't know much about Adderall's half-life etc so I can't really answer your question, but if I was you I would probably go 4 days on, 3 days in a row off, OR use every alternate day, e.g. Monday on, Tuesday off, Wednesday on, Thursday off etc etc.

Perhaps others will chime in and have better advice :)

I think that if you want ot keep your tolerance low you with any upper there are two courses you can follow... Take it as prescribed (lame, I know, but practical) OR a solid week between doses.

I think that if you want ot keep your tolerance low you with any upper there are two courses you can follow... Take it as prescribed (lame, I know, but practical) OR a solid week between doses.
Thanks.

Taking it as prescribed, according to what the bottle says, would mean taking it every day. But my doctor knows I try to give myself breaks every now and then and supports that.

Next week I think I'm going to try taking it 4 days per week and having 3 days off. It'll probably look something like: ON, off, off, ON, ON, off, ON. We'll see how it goes. I might also experiment with something along the lines of your suggestion. Not 100% sure yet.

My take is two weeks at high use followed by a week at restrained use followed by a week of no use. This take is only applicable to tolerance and does not reflect other important health issues.

Thanks.

Taking it as prescribed, according to what the bottle says, would mean taking it every day. But my doctor knows I try to give myself breaks every now and then and supports that.

Next week I think I'm going to try taking it 4 days per week and having 3 days off. It'll probably look something like: ON, off, off, ON, ON, off, ON. We'll see how it goes. I might also experiment with something along the lines of your suggestion. Not 100% sure yet.
When I was prescribed Adderall I would Take it the 3 days of the week I had classes and 1 day on the weekend. Usually was similar to the schedule you have posted. If you can go on off on off on off... That's better for efficacy. IMO.

I think that the crew over in OD might be able to give you more indepth and thoughtful responses. I'm going to send it there.