• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall dosage,effect and duration

Poordude199

Greenlighter
This will be my first time taking Adderall. My doctor prescribed me 20mg XR.Is there a way to keep the duration but lesser effect? I want to start low for the first time. From what I found splitting a pill would make it digest even faster, shortening the duration. Is there a way I can make my 20mg XR even less potent but keep the duration?

Did you bring this up to your doctor at all? 20mg is a very common starting does, honestly many people begin a that dose and remain there. Are you worried for some reason?

Do you think starting any lower would be better. I'm thinking maybe if I start lower I could use it more often, instead of being the occasion boost some people use it for. I really want to know if there will be a change of effect or duration if I lower/increase the dosage? I'm would really like to know about that.

How much smaller of a dose are you talking about? Personally, I would take it as prescribed and see how it effects you. Seeing as you've never taken it, your idea of smaller doses taken... well, we don't know, may not work well for you at all.

This will be my first time taking Adderall. My doctor prescribed me 20mg XR.Is there a way to keep the duration but lesser effect? I want to start low for the first time. From what I found splitting a pill would make it digest even faster, shortening the duration. Is there a way I can make my 20mg XR even less potent but keep the duration?

Memantine, Baking soda to create an alkaline enviorment. Acidic via Vit C causes rapid elimination via excretion. L-tyrosine, Caffeine or Energy drinks ( Be careful not to overdo it ! ) Do NOT do all 3 ~ Stim-Caffeine -L-tyrosine. Pick 2 and titrate gradually !!

Adenum: Sorry I missed that part/request : to slightly lessen the effects but preserve the duration I would use clonodine in small doses, starting at .05 mgs ~ 50 micrograms
In all fairness Memantine and Baking soda are the best choices for what you asked. God Bless and Happy Holidays. Please Play safe

I would ask for 2 x Adderall XR 5mg tablets, and take one in the morning, and one in the afternoon/late afternoon. You could even split 3 x 5mg/day if 10mg isn't enough effect.