• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall doesn't seem to affect me at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nom65

Greenlighter
Hi, this is my first time on here so tell me if I'm doing something wrong. A while back I got prescribed Adderall, I'm 18 and have had add/serious problems focusing for ages now. He has been slowly increasing the dosage over time, I now take 15mg ir at 9am and 1pm. I feel NOTHING, my heart beat gets a bit faster but other than that, nothing happens mentaly, I do have a slight comedown later on . I also take Wellbutrin xr 300mg in the morning and seroquil 125mg and lamictol 200mg at night. I read online that seroquil can counter the effects of adderall (mine is taken at night so not sure how it would) so I decided to one morning try 30mg it at once in the morning, 1.5hrs later still nothing. That night I didn't take my seroquil just to see if that was the issue. The next day at 9 I took 30mg, 1hr later and nothing (on a near empty stomach with no fruit or acids) so I took 30 more. 1hr later and nothing... I finally took another 15 and decided to stop at that. 1hr later and my heart was pounding, but I felt NO OTHER CHANGE, about 4 hrs after my last dose I started to crash hard, got super sweaty, light headed, and felt cold and depressed, I decided to take a shower and go to sleep and since then I've been back on my normal prescribed dosages of all meds... I don't know why it's not doing anything for me, any help? Thank you!

Seriqul would do this to me, that stuff is zombification in a bad way for me. Antipsychotics scare me a bit

Seriqul would do this to me, that stuff is zombification in a bad way for me. Antipsychotics scare me a bit
do you really think seroquil would negate the effects of Adderall even more than 24 hours since the last time I took it? I have a pretty low dose

This is something that you really need to bed discussing with your medical people. There could be any one of a variety of factors effecting how you metabolize the drug. It sucks, but it's actually a lot more than we're capable of figuring out as lay people.

This is something that you really need to bed discussing with your medical people. There could be any one of a variety of factors effecting how you metabolize the drug. It sucks, but it's actually a lot more than we're capable of figuring out as lay people.
Noted, I will talk to him soon but I've told him multiple times that it's not working and he has just said to keep going, just wanted to see if not taking the seroquil which is the only thing I can think of that would make Adderall not do much would change anything. I don't want to continue on Adderall for months if in the end it's just not going to work. It would be alot of money wasted and alot of time that could have been used to trying and finding new meds for my add

Hey did you get prescribed adderall and your other meds by the same doc, or is this med regimen a build up of various issues being treated separately?

It shouldn't take months to notice a difference in your daily life with adderall. Seroquel is affecting it as it would be expected to , why are you using seroquel?

Also wellbutrin has stimulant properties, it's a mixed bag of meds you're using, the low dose of adderall is a good idea to be easy on your heart, dont just take more than you should for that reason.

I would ask about mirtazapine instead if seroquel, but I dont know your situation, I found mirtazapine really good for sleep and no lingering glug effect like seroquel, which would be blocking the adderall for sure.

See your doc mate

Can we say with safety that the consensus is that the OP must talk to their prescriber to get any kind of rational or helpful answer. I was going to go ahead and close this if so.

Can we say with safety that the consensus is that the OP must talk to their prescriber to get any kind of rational or helpful answer. I was going to go ahead and close this if so.
Okay, I'll go talk with my psychiatrist. Thank you all alot :)

Hey did you get prescribed adderall and your other meds by the same doc, or is this med regimen a build up of various issues being treated separately?

It shouldn't take months to notice a difference in your daily life with adderall. Seroquel is affecting it as it would be expected to , why are you using seroquel?

Also wellbutrin has stimulant properties, it's a mixed bag of meds you're using, the low dose of adderall is a good idea to be easy on your heart, dont just take more than you should for that reason.

I would ask about mirtazapine instead if seroquel, but I dont know your situation, I found mirtazapine really good for sleep and no lingering glug effect like seroquel, which would be blocking the adderall for sure.

See your doc mate
Hi, I didn't know Adderall might take a while to take affect.. the psychiatrist I have right now is the same one that prescribed the other meds I have, lamictol and seroquil are for depression and mood stabilization, I used to be on a higher dose of seroquil (300mg) but we have been lowering those meds over time. The Wellbutrin is also for depression. When I turned 18 I asked him about possibly something to help with my focus and motivation because I barely scraped past highschool. He recommend adderall, I wasn't one of those people who wanted it, or was looking to get it rather. I hear everyone who's replied to this post, I don't plan on abusing the Adderall and I will go talk with him on Monday. Thank you ?

So, I think we've decided that, although we have some potentially helpful advice to provide to OP regarding his situation, the only sure-fire way to get to the bottom of why the reaction to the drug seems to be so anomalous is to start by consulting his medical team and his medical history.

Status
Not open for further replies.