• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall doesnt feel like it used to (more to it than it sounds like). Why?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I originally got on adderall, 40 mg, sometime around January 2015 (currently August 2017) and was on it until March 2016, with my dose being upped to 50 mg around December 2015. Of course, the first month it was stronger because I had no tolerance, but I remember getting such a powerful effect from it the whole time and only needed my dose upped once. I was off it from March 2016 till August 2016, where I got on 30 mg and raised it by 10 mg a week until 60 mg. It was weaker than I remembered (factoring in the dose), even without including tolerance, but I was extremely underweight and malnourished then, so that's probably why. I got off it again in November that year, then back on 40 mg March 2017, raised to 50 early April. I've been eating healthy since I got back on it, and maintained a normal weight BTW. I got that rush I remembered for a few weeks on 40, then again for a few weeks at 50, but now it just doesn't seem even close to the same. I take tums with it too as a potentiater now, which helps, but still isn't nearly as strong as I remembered. Back when I was first on it I would save some occasionally, as well as take extra from the bottle, so I didn't take it daily, but I took almost all of what I saved myself. I know i had a high tolerance back then too because I went up to 140 mg and wasn't in immideate danger. I just don't understand why I don't get that same rush that I used to, even at the points where I had a higher tolerance than now. Sorry for the disorganization here, I kinda just dumped out a bunch of info, but can someone help explain this to me? Thanks

This is tolerance. There is really no other explanation.

If it feels like more than tolerance this is likely just that you have become more familiar with the acute psychoactive effects, and therefore it just feels less exciting. This will generally happen with any pleasurable experience indulged in frequently. Such is the nature of the hedonic treadmill of human existence. But really, the main factor here is tolerance - if you take a few months off again you will probably get a rush again for a while, but even then there is probably an aspect of novelty that you will never get back.

I doubt this would work but figured I'd ask just in case, would switching to another stimulant help? I know theres a cross tolerance but will it feel new? I can't really stop it for a few months because i legitimately need it medicinally.