• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall, Diazepam, Gabapentin, and Alcohol

TheJuner

Bluelighter
Hi all, I am aware this is a lot of substances to combine, and my apologies if this is stupid question, but is it safe to combine all of these? I'm currently on 15mg of amphetamines (intranasal ROA), 10mg of diazepam (oral ROA), and 300mg of gabapentin, and I'm feeling great! I have a tolerance to gabapentin, having been consistently taking it daily for anxiety and insomnia, for amphetamines I have a slight tolerance and I usually take 50mg of lisdexamfetamine or between 10-20mg of Adderall IR in order to get a sort of boost whenever I'm trying to be productive (my use of amphetamines and CNS stimulants, excluding caffeine, isn't daily but it's sort of once or twice every two weeks). As for benzodiazepines I've been using diazepam sporadically (like every 3-5 days) for the past two weeks, usually taking 10mg at a time. However I usually use benzodiazepines once every two weeks to a month normally. The benzodiazepine I have the most experience with is alprazolam (Xanax), and I usually use 1-2mg w/o tolerance (though with doses exceeding 1.5mg I stagger my doses, dosing 0.5mg every 30 mins to avoid blackouts). I regularly combine benzos with gabapentin without issues, and have combined amphetamines with both benzodiazepines and gabapentin without any issues. Furthermore, I combine alcohol and gabapentin frequently and haven't had a problem from this combination. I am planning on drinking one beer, and I only have that much alcohol in my possession.

TLDR: Is it safe to combine these substances given that I haven't had issues combining some of these substances several times in the past?

Last edited:
It seems that your doses are relatively low. I would kick alcohol out of the equation because it doesn't mix well with your meds, or any meds for that matter.

Yeah alcohol and benzos is a slippery slope and you can easily find yourself doing things that could get you into trouble. Also CNS depressants and stimulants is always risky and a potential danger to your heart. But alcohol and benzos in particular - you can easily drink too much, forget how many benzos you've had, eat more, drink more and end up waking up in a bus station two towns over. Also the risk of respiratory failure when sleeping. Especially if you're drinking high strength alcohol, namely spirits.

Alcohol is one of the worst drugs available to humankind and as said before me, it is pretty much dangerous when mixed with anything but also dangerous enough on its own.

Yeah alcohol and benzos is a slippery slope and you can easily find yourself doing things that could get you into trouble. Also CNS depressants and stimulants is always risky and a potential danger to your heart. But alcohol and benzos in particular - you can easily drink too much, forget how many benzos you've had, eat more, drink more and end up waking up in a bus station two towns over. Also the risk of respiratory failure when sleeping. Especially if you're drinking high strength alcohol, namely spirits.

Alcohol is one of the worst drugs available to humankind and as said before me, it is pretty much dangerous when mixed with anything but also dangerous enough on its own.
I agree with the fact that alcohol is evil.

Agree alcohol is terrible, it's easily my least favorite substance and is very harmful especially with chronic use. I wasn't using hard liquor, I just drank one beer. Everything went fine, the effects on the CV system were noticeable (increased heart rate being the most prominent effect). I didn't blackout or anything, things went well for the most part.

Agree alcohol is terrible, it's easily my least favorite substance and is very harmful especially with chronic use. I wasn't using hard liquor, I just drank one beer. Everything went fine, the effects on the CV system were noticeable (increased heart rate being the most prominent effect). I didn't blackout or anything, things went well for the most part.
Like I said, I believe that your doses are not high, you just need to drop that beer.

Ditch the alcohol. Like everyone else said it doesn't add anything to the situation other than risk.