• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants [Adderall] Can anyone explain what I was going through?

elemenohpi

Greenlighter
Soo I'm prescribed 30mg of Adderall XR and usually take more than the recommended account, normally running out of the month supply in half that time. My situation is unique in that I'm only able to get a hold of my prescription and prescribing doctor for half the year, while the other half I live elsewhere and just quit cold turkey, so basically half the year I'm using, and the other half I'm clean. This works fine for me and I don't have any issues with getting off it when I'm going heavy, but a couple of months have passed since going off and I was thinking about some of the experiences I had the last time I was taking.

I would be sitting at my office desk at home for hours upon hours, closer to days, working/gaming/etc. and at random would feel a strange sensation snaking around my body. I don't know how to describe it, but much like a muscle fiber detached, or like there was a blood clot or something flowing through me. I'm not saying that that's what was happening, but try to imagine feeling like a lump was circulating through your bloodstream/under your skin, and that's what it felt like. I could even press a hand over where I felt the lump and it would feel like it stopped. This happened multiple times. I've done pretty extensive searching and haven't really found much, and mainly just attributed it to rampaging anxiety. I won't eat for like 2 days and won't sleep for longer when i'm on a binge so that is likely a contributing factor. I went to a doctor about it and there wasn't anything wrong with me at all. I thought maybe over time I'd figure it out by just happening upon an answer, but nothing even remotely similar has happened since. This happened around 4-5 months ago.

I was wondering if anyone has had any similar experience, or could offer any information about what happened to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just an effect of a panic attack, but it felt much more like that feeling was a cause for anxiety, rather than the result of anxiety.

I should note, I would be taking around 6-8 XR's over the course of like 3-4 days

I think the moving lump is a cramp, I experience that with other stims sometimes.

You might just need some stretching, some electrolytes and some food.

This is not something that we're going to be able to truly diagnose. It would be pretty cavalier of someone to give you a clean bill of health, through text, over the internet. We absolutely, positively cannot tell you anything other than to seek medical attention. If you are truly having this feeling, you can't just ignore it. You either do have a foreign body or you are hallucinating and either is ample reason to seek medical attention.

Gonna leave this open, but only opinions please.

^ Totally. If it is distressing enough to affect your life and continues happening then it's best to see a(nother) dr