• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall Binge, what to expect with Recovery?

Navaam

Greenlighter
Ok, quick background info before I explain and ask. I'm diagnosed with ADHD, Depression, and Insomnia. I sleep, on average, 4-5 hours a night.

Now, here's the scoop:
I've been on Adderall IR for quite some time. I don't regularly abuse it, and I usually take it (as prescribed) Mon-Fri only. Well, this week I had a break from work, and wanted to use my time to accomplish as much as I was able, from my "To-Do List". With that mindset, I set about my task by first choosing to intentionally binge my my medication to prevent sleep. After I woke on Wed. I took my first dose, and continues re-dosing, like clockwork, every 4 hours until yesterday at 4:00pm, when I took my last dose. I went to sleep at 10:00pm-ish, and woke-up at....A LTTLE AFTER 4:00AM, WHAT?!

Now my questions:
Is it normal to only sleep 6 hours after a binge episode like that?
When I woke-up, I awoke naturally, and ready to conquer the world! I laid in bed for about 40mins. trying to sleep and realized it wasn't happening. I feel a bit fatigued, but not terrible, and I am not having any cravings to take any Adderall. Can anyone tell me what the hell kind of withdrawal this is?! Should I be continuing to "wait for the other shoe to drop"? I very rarely feel this good in the morning, and usually depend on my morning dose of meds to get me functioning. I'm so confused why, after an episode like this, am I motivated, feeling refreshed, and not wanting my Adderall?

It is difficult to assess your situation without knowing the exact milligram strength of your tablets, and how many you are taking.

If you are accustommed to a prescribed dose, which is usually on the low side for most patients, then the repeated dosing that you described will have a more profound effect. For me that kind of dosing caused complete insomnia even if I wanted to sleep. If you got 6 hours of sleep, then your body is handling the drug quite well.

I don't recall in my earlier days ever awakening after an Adderall binge feeling refreshed. If you now don't feel like taking an additional dose, then by all means don't do it. You may find that your tolerance is raised since you have been taking the med for a while. It sounds like the drug is still active in your system. It is advisable to have it clear out and take the luxury of a few clean days before you restart the regimen.

In the eyes of your prescriber, this is of course an error on your part. Abstain for the appropriate number of days until you are back on schedule. And resist the compulsion to take the drug when you feel the slightest indication of diminishing effects.