• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall and sodium bicarbonate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulletproofsmile

Greenlighter
I read about this in several places. And I have also tried a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate, 30 minutes prior to taking my Adderall for the day. I did feel like it potentiated the Adderall. However I do not know how to dose the sodium bicarbonate throughout the rest of the day. And why does this potentiate the Adderall? Any comments are appreciated?

Amphetamine is the active ingredient in adderall, It is better absorbed in your stomach if the contents of your stomach are not acidic. Sodium bicarbonate is a base and will make your stomach acid a more basic solution when swallowed, this allows for more amphetamine to be absorbed.

Please use the Bluelight search engine and/or Google for this one. It's been answered countless times. This one's for your own good OP! Learn how to be an effective researcher! Closed.

In general, the more alkaline your Urinary PH is, the more slowly Amphetamines will be metabolized and excreted. There are many other drugs which function in a similar manner, like Methadone for instance. When I'm really trying to stretch a smaller dose of Amphetamines, I will take antacids every couple of hours. I honestly feel that it makes a difference to do this, but be aware that chronic consumption of large doses of antacids does have negative health effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.