• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall and Opiates/Benzos

shartito

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I am upper naive. Other than a coke phase many years ago, I stay away from stims.

However, I have sooo much to do at work over the next few days.

A coworker has offered me 2 30mg XR addys.

I’m not looking for euphoria. I’m looking for extreme focus and concentration. I plan on taking only one at a time, one per day, for 2 days.

I’m also an opiate addict. I have hydrocodone which is my drug of choice. I don’t want to start getting early withdrawals so I’m wondering what a safe dosage would be. 30mg of hydrocodone won’t get me super high, but would keep me from getting sick. (My normal habit is about 100-120mg a day)

Is a 30mg XR addy and 30mg of hydrocodone a dangerous interaction?

If needed, I can use kratom to substitute for the hydros and stave off early withdrawals. Would that be safer?

I’m also a benzo addict. But I wouldn’t take any until tonight when it’s time to go to bed. I’m aware of the dangers of combining benzos and opiates, so don’t need info on that. But what about benzos 12 hours after taking the addy? (Clonazepam)

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

In an extremely general sense, Amphetamines and CNS depressants like Opioids/Benzodiazepines are not really contraindicated. A medical doctor would kick my ass for saying so, but it's simply fact that a drug that quickens heart rate and respiration could actually be of benefit for one who is overly sedated.

If you're truly not looking for Euphoria, I would recommend taking as little as 15mg of extended release Amphetamines at a time. Granted, half of the beads inside a capsule are "instant" while half are "extended", it's highly unlikely that you would by chance ingest all of the instant beads and none of the extended, so, for practical purposes, you can dose them in this way.

I don't have a lot of medical literature to support this, but I can tell you that from my own subjective experience that use of "hard" stimulants seems to provoke withdrawal symptoms at a faster rate than if you weren't to use them. Food for thought.

Regarding the Benzodiazepines, you are not dealing in incredibly excessive dosages of anything. You are right to be aware and cautious, of course, but you should really not have to worry about anything close to lethal respiratory depression. Taking a Benzodiazepine to induce sleep at the end of an Amphetamine experience can be much more therapeutic than laying awake all night in a state of semi-stimulation. Sleep is your friend.

You're keeping everything very reasonable and responsible man, so I give you at least my own personal blessing to do what you feel is best for you at this point.

I agree with Keif. I'm prescribed Adderall (20 mg IR x 2 per day), Percocet/Oxycodone (10 mg every 4-6 hrs), and Klonopin (1 mg every six hours).

I take all the above as directed, except for sometimes forgetting the fourth Klonopin dose.

My Percocet is for chronic pain and I take one pill every 4-6 hours that I'm awake. Obviously, I'm taking 1 mg Klonopin throughout the day, Adderall in morning and mid-afternoon.

I have good, qualified doctors. They know all the meds I take. I just recommend take as prescribed. DO NOT drink on these.

Layperson's advice.

Good luck!

No problem! Really, I think Keif gets credit. I just agreed with him, lol.

Your pill will last around eight hours, just my experience. It starts working fairly quickly - less than an hour. YMMV, but just a rough framework. Also, people usually can't fall sleep at their normal bedtime if they take it too late in the day.

Adderall is great with focus and getting things done. However, you supply the initial motivation. As long as you make yourself initiate starting your work projects, Adderall will do it's job.

If you decide to take a work break - monitor your time. You easily can check out a website (e.g., Bluelight, Reddit, Facebook, etc.). Next thing you realize is that your 15-minute break has turned into a four-hr session reading forums, etc. Lol.

In case you're unfamiliar--avoid Vitamin C while on your Adderall. It will flush it right out of your system. Drink plenty of water, for sure. Amphetamines can be dehydrating.

You likely won't have much appetite---but I eat something a couple hours after taking it. Something with protein is good. I eat a small bowl of blueberry frosted miniwheats with milk...has a lot of vitamins except vitamin C.

Taking Adderall on an empty stomach works better for me, but a lot of people prefer to eat first. I also drink Diet Coke, not just water. (I hate water, ugh). Some people avoid caffeine to avoid feeling too stimulated....I am not sensitive to caffeine, so I drink water the first hour after dosing and then drink Diet Coke after that.

Eating snacks and staying hydrated throughout your day will make you feel better when the drug wears off...eating and staying hydrated throughout. A shower, a meal, multivitamin and your benzos at the end of the day are nice. Watch Netflix, read, tidy /putter around your house, any relaxing activity until you're sleepy. Snuggling up with your partner, if you have one, is really nice.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
I ended up actually getting the addy later in the day because my buddy didn’t have them on him. By that time I didn’t want to risk not being able to sleep tonight. So I’m gonna pop it on the way to work tomorrow morning.

Keif, thanks for the advice about splitting it up, but I think I’ll just go for the full 30mg each time. If I split it up it will last 4 days instead of 2, and that’s not necessarily what I want.

It actually works out perfectly this way. I can take one Thursday and Friday, get my work done, then recover over the weekend :)

I didn’t unwrap the package until just now.

Looks like it wasn’t 30mg XR after all. It was pill imprint U30 which is 20mg amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.

It’s already down the hatch.

Not sure what that changes, but I took it on top of a 15mg IR oxy that I ate an hour ago. I’m going to let that simmer for a bit until I see how this combo affects me.

Hopefully I can get a lot of work done today :)

UPDATE EDIT - this shit is amazing. I definitely don’t want to make a habit out of it, but I am loving this pill’s impact on my ability to focus. *must get off BL and get to work*

Last edited:
Worked out very well. I was laser focused on my work. Dosed 30mg of hydrocodone twice. 4 hours apart. The amp effect is coming down so I just now dosed 40mg of hydro, 0.5mg of clonazepam and a Soma to help me settle down and relax tonight.

Ready for round 2 tomorrow :)

Then I’m done. This is fun and all, but it is for tactical use, not recreation. The last thing I need is another addiction in my life.

Cheers all, and have a good night!

Hell yeah dude (just saw this post)!

My general routine (when having addys, benzos, and hydros) would be to dose with the addy first to get shit done, obviously. Once I got the bulk of my work out of the way, or once the addy started to wear off (It always gives me a moody "come down"), I would then consume my first dose of hydros which is around 30mg (irrelevant but high so ranting), and then that took the "edge" off the addy while still giving me a different source of energy to complete my work. Once it was all said and done, and i am ready for sleep, that is when i consume the benzos (usually one to two 1mg kpins about 2 hours before bed). this was literally an everyday routine throughout my college career.

Glad you were able to have a positive experience with it. Even though my "Strategy" is a bit more on the recreational side, I definitely was able to study and write of extended periods of time (6+ hour increments), anyways u da man!
Peace and cheers,
LS

Thanks dude. I’ll try your routine tomorrow.

I was a little nervous I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight. But the hydros, clonazepam and Soma did their job properly. I can tell I’m going to sleep great tonight. So relaxed right now.

This was a good day. I’m pleased with my experiment.