• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

adderall and concerts (ritalin) questions

user11110000

Greenlighter
so i'm new to the posting part of the website. I have some questions about adderall and concerta. First, does chewing concerta make it equivalent to ritalin? what are the differences? i was prescribed both those drugs and i saved them up for awhile to take for finals. I only have a few adder all pills left so I'm wondering if i should take just them or maybe combine the concerta (i can chew it) and adderall? also how long before my tests should i take them and should i also take them to study? what's the most effective way to pass my test with these drugs? thanks!!

Don't combine both drugs. Just take either one or the other in a low dose. Stay safe. I moved this to basic drug discussion for you.

Concerta is extended release Methylphenidate (Ritalin) so yes, by defeating the release mechanism, you are more or less consuming instant release Methylphenidate. However, Concerta's specific mechanism is a little more burly than what you might be thinking. Chewing them up probably isn't enough to fully beat the time release. Open them up and crush them very fine if that's what you're after, otherwise you'll have a mixture of IR and ER from incomplete defeat of the mechanism.

This matter is up for debate, but the best way to pass your test, through the use of stimulants, is either to take a small dose and study or take a larger dose shortly before your test and then go for it. Onset of both of these drugs in instant release form is going to be about 30-45 minutes. Plan your academics accordingly.

Hey, hope I've posted this in the right area.

SWIM bought "Ritalin La" the other day off his "mate" as he had ran out of his personal stash. Only upon checking the capsules (which were blank) he had no idea what was in them. Expecting to see beads, there was this blackish clumpy substance that resembles dirt however tastes extremely sour and bitter. SWIM is yet to try them.

Does anyone have any idea what the substance is, or if it is indeed a form of Ritalin. Cheers.

to see the pics copy&paste links

open capsule - https://plus.google.com/u/1/1054067...6304581104203603490&oid=105406706602926962620

Closed capsule - https://plus.google.com/u/1/1054067...6304581705196795506&oid=105406706602926962620

Close up of the substance - https://plus.google.com/u/1/1054067...6304582019231143826&oid=105406706602926962620

Hi Jazzanation and welcome to Bluelight. Unfortunately one of the things we don't do here on the forums is pill/substance identification. The former is easy to verify yourself and the latter is basically impossible for anyone to say one way or the other.

I know this post is old but for Concerta if you chew it, it's not going to cheat the time release. You have to peel the coating off, I had the red ones so just take a knife and make a little cut in them and it should be easy to take off. Then you will see a grey/brown and white pill, cut it and seperate it by color, take the white part and the coating, the coating and white part both has the drug you need in it, the grey/brown part is the time release part that you don't need. Your welcome :)