• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Adderall and Bupropion

normluser

Greenlighter
Hello All! this is my first post so give me cut me slack...

I have been prescribed Adderall for several years ( two 20mg IR per day). In addition to the adderall, I was just prescribed Bupropion HCL XL (150 MG) onto be taken once a day.

Can anyone give me guidance on how the Bupropion will increase or decrease the current affect the adderall has on my mental speed/focus ability?

Thank you!!!!!!

Hey, welcome to Bluelight @normluser!

Wellbutrin (bupropion) is actually sort of similar to adderall, in that it increases mental speed and focus ability, IME. It's mainly for depression, but off label can be used for mild ADHD. The two combined might be over kill, but in general, yeah, it would increase your ability to focus and your mental speed.

Be careful not to over do it because the two serve similar purposes.

Last edited:
they will be ok together prob be more awake a wellbutrin cause me LOTS OF ANXIETY gesh lol hope you dont have anxiety problems

You may find the adderall slightly blunted by the bupropion (due to its mechanism of action); or conversely, enhanced. But the effect is so subjective and individual. I recommend making some notes about your experience and posting them here (y)

yea man it might great for you just beware the anxiety thing i went nuts eating all my benzos lol

I am addicted to straight Buproprion, having experience with amphetamine including Adderall I have to say Buproprion is a lot like it. It is not a releaser though, so they might hinder one another