• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants adderall and benzos ?

deos68

Bluelighter
i have been able to control my anxiety lately and doing much better
zero depression but i somehow became sluggish like a son bitch
i dont have energy to do anything and when i do muster up some energy my ADD kicks in and end up not doing anything productive
other than work i dont do much of anything
would adderall, ritalin or some other type of amp be of some help?
or what is there for focus and energy ?
and would a benzo in addition to an amp be a nice calm focused state ?

Last edited:
First of all please for energy from the eternal allmighty, then all meds will work better/ you'll get energy uspside right down, just dont 'test' it.

In my case I have found amphetamine alongside clonazepam (+ my other meds) to be a very good combo for my lethargic depression. My friend with similar Dx to me finds amp + clonazepam to work well also.

I will note in my case that low dose methylphenidate caused more anxiety than baseline whereas amphetamine tends to reduce it for me

In my case I have found amphetamine alongside clonazepam (+ my other meds) to be a very good combo for my lethargic depression. My friend with similar Dx to me finds amp + clonazepam to work well also.

I will note in my case that low dose methylphenidate caused more anxiety than baseline whereas amphetamine tends to reduce it for me

i dont have clonazepam only alprazolam and diazepam

i dont have clonazepam only alprazolam and diazepam

Well I am fairly confident one can replace where I said "clonazepam" and replace it with diazepam. I would think a diazepam (PO as per usual for daily maintenance) + amphetamine (PO 2 or 3 x Day q4hr starting at qAM no later than q4PM) would more or less suffice for what I mentioned in my case of BP II, social and generalized anxiety, ADD, and chronic fatigue issues.

Short-acting benzos like alprazolam are good to have when taking amp since they are good at alleviating break through anxiety from overstimulation and for the occasional need to use them as hypnotics to get sleep.

Well I am fairly confident one can replace where I said "clonazepam" and replace it with diazepam. I would think a diazepam (PO as per usual for daily maintenance) + amphetamine (PO 2 or 3 x Day q4hr starting at qAM no later than q4PM)

Short-acting benzos like alprazolam are good to have when taking amp since they are good at alleviating break through anxiety from overstimulation and for the occasional need to use them as hypnotics to get sleep.

dont plan on taking a high dose of any amp just something to give me that extra push
and if i can handle the over-stimulation from the amp no need for benzos but yes just handy to have just in case

dont plan on taking a high dose of any amp just something to give me that extra push
and if i can handle the over-stimulation from the amp no need for benzos but yes just handy to have just in case

You could always start out with a single 10 mg Adderall or such or perhaps 5-10 mg Dexedrine. I find that very low dose amp works fairly well for providing energy without causing any real significant impairment.

I find that methylphenidate tends to not provide a lot of alertness in comparison to its physical stimulation, whereas amps at low doses provide alertness with bare minimum adrenergic side effects. YMMV

You could always start out with a single 10 mg Adderall or such or perhaps 5-10 mg Dexedrine. I find that very low dose amp works fairly well for providing energy without causing any real significant impairment.

I find that methylphenidate tends to not provide a lot of alertness in comparison to its physical stimulation, whereas amps at low doses provide alertness with bare minimum adrenergic side effects. YMMV

thanks for the info bud

For me adderall and a benzo, like klonopin helps me greatly with mood/motivation/anxiety/depression/energy.