• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Adderall after MDMA

cmbdc

Greenlighter
So I took adderall 5-6 months ago... I don't remember what the dosage was but I think it was like 20 mg xr. I've done ecstasy only 4-5 times occasionally before so I thought I'd totally be fine taking adderall. I took it in the morning for a final and I didn't start to feel it until almost an hour later. And I swear I got so much shit done in such a short time lol but anyways, my heart started pounding like crazzyyyy for 15-30 minutes to the point where I was thinking of calling the ambulance. But it went away so I guess I was fine. A little later during the day, my heart started pounding quickly again up to 150-180. It went away after for a good hour or so but my hands were getting all tingly and I felt like I was having a panic attack lol. But yeah fast forward a couple months, I get these palpitations now every day. I havent been getting them lately though... It's just so weird because I've taken an ecstasy and a molly before in one night and I didn't really have anything bad happening wrong with my heart. Could it be just the adderall???? Plus, I really wanna roll again but I'm scared my heart might do something stupid.

I hate to say it as I know how nice mdma is, but if adderall is capable of doing that to your body then MDMA would be just as likely to cause it as mdma is just simply a psychedelic amphetamine, which releases lots and lots of serotonin. Sorry man but some people just don't physically and psychologically respond well to some types of drugs. Don't touch coke as well as that's even more likely to cause problems for your heart. There is a bright side of looking at it too, maybe you was lacking something at the time, like food...? Also how long ago was it when you took ecstasy? Maybe your body could handle amphetamine type drugs at that time but can't now?, peoples bodies do change, obviously.

It's pretty normal to have anxiety or have panic episodes as adderall wears off. The pills are made with side effects purposefully to negate abuse.

Depends on the quality of the MDMA. Good MDMA should be so smooth that it really doesn't feel like a stimulant. Almost... Sedating in a way.

Get a test done to rule out the factor of your heart.

the last time I took ecstasy and molly was last november and the time I took that adderall was last december. I'm a pretty skinny person so might that be the reason why I had such a bad side effect from the adderall?

Did you measure your heart beat? What you could do is go to the doctor and have them do an ekg (test your heart).

When I started on dexedrine I had crazy palpitations in the beginning (not constantly, but especially during onset). It stopped after a week or two.

That being said, anxiety often cause the heart to race or papitations. If you have your heart checked, it will be easier for you not to worry when it happens (or they will find out if something is indeed wrong, and that is also good to know).

Good luck!

the last time I took ecstasy and molly was last november and the time I took that adderall was last december. I'm a pretty skinny person so might that be the reason why I had such a bad side effect from the adderall?

No, your being skinny isn't the reason. Heart palpitations is a very common side effect, especially at the beginning. That's why they always check out peoples heart before they put someone on amphetamines. To make sure their heart can take it. :)

It's pretty normal to have anxiety or have panic episodes as adderall wears off. The pills are made with side effects purposefully to negate abuse.

That is bullshit. They don't make em that way to negate abuse. It's simply due to you being drained from dopamine - and how people are effected from that varies, hence why some get side effects and other don't.

The same happens with street amphetamines, or MDMA. MDMA cause the same stress on the heart as amphetamines.

That is bullshit. They don't make em that way to negate abuse. It's simply due to you being drained from dopamine - and how people are effected from that varies, hence why some get side effects and other don't.

The same happens with street amphetamines, or MDMA. MDMA cause the same stress on the heart as amphetamines.
Seeing as dexamp and levamp are the only ingredients of adderall, anxiety is indeed a side-effect of amphetamine in general, not adderall in specific. If adderall in specific was purposely manufactured to produce side-effects to discourage abuse, there would be other active ingredients in it

OP, what you describe indeed sounds like a common side-effect of amphetamines in general. Perhaps try to lower your dose, or quit using for a while. If that doesn't improve or negate the symptoms go get your heart checked out. It's probably nothing but better to err on the safe side of things when it comes to your heart

Thats def a common side effect of addies bc its a stimulant. And in the brain it releases lots of dopamine and that requires lots of blood and energy so you heart rate has to speed up! And if the pills are time release your going to peak threw out the day and get breaks with normal heart rate in between peaks. If you wanna roll well I would stop taking the addies a week before just to make sure its out of your system. If its still in your system while rolling then yeah your heart is going to go crazy bc you have 2 stimulants in your bloodstream. Mdma alone makes you heart beat fast but it feels good. I guess it depends on what your doing like raving or sitting down chilling with friends. But If you have anxiety about taking molly then don't do it. Your just going to have mad panic attacks while on it and that's not fun or how someone should experience a roll.

When I took the addy, I measured my heart beat and it was up to 180 bpm. At that point I freaked out so I guess it is the anxiety. I did get my heart check out by a cardiologist and they said there is completely nothing wrong with my heart. I guess the main culprit is anxiety??? I haven't taken anything (no stimulants, shit not even coffee) for 6 months now. I'm just wondering when I could start rolling again

When I took the addy, I measured my heart beat and it was up to 180 bpm. At that point I freaked out so I guess it is the anxiety. I did get my heart check out by a cardiologist and they said there is completely nothing wrong with my heart. I guess the main culprit is anxiety??? I haven't taken anything (no stimulants, shit not even coffee) for 6 months now. I'm just wondering when I could start rolling again

idk anything about ecstasy or molly, i've never done either one, but ive abused adderall countless times and if your doctor says your hearts fine then im sure it was anxiety. you said you only took 20 mgs of addy xr right? even if your underweight that should generally be a fairly safe amount. im a pretty skinny guy too and my average dose at this point is like 60 mgs but ive taken 80 mgs in one day and was fine so i'd be surprised if 20 mgs fucked your heart up. but dont get me wrong, addy can no doubt fuck up your heart if you do take too much and i only take doses as high as i do cause ive built up tolerance. 20 mgs if more than enough to help with a test or studying but if you take them for the high like i do then you'd want to try closer to around 40 mgs. but i can say from experience that when you're coming down from addy or any amphetamines you're gonna get a lot of anxiety. the more you take the worse the crash is gonna be but some people are more sensitive to certain drugs than others and 20 mgs would be enough to explain your paranoia about your heart, especially if that was your first time ever taking addy. once when i was coming down from 3 days on addy i actually picked up a baseball bat to kill the raccoon i thought was in my closet. i was very fucked up and probably putting my heart through more risks than i shouldve but there was no raccoon, i was just paranoid as hell and basically delusional cause uppers will do that when they wear off. ive convinced myself of medical problems too, once i went to the doctors cause even after being clean for a few days i was still convinced my tongue was swollen from taking vyvanse (they're very similar to adderall xr) and i was sure something was seriously wrong with me, but i had just bitten it too many times when i was high. my tongue hurt but the doc said it wasnt swollen, i had just convinced myself. it gets tricky cause you dont know whats in your head and whats not, but in your case i almost guarantee it was in your head. always good to be cautious but you should be healthy enough to get rolling again if thats what you wanna do

also i wouldnt do things like measure your own heart beat when your on an amphetamine cause its really easy to over think things and get obsessive/paranoid. weed usually helps mellow me out but if your not a fairly regular smoker it could just make it worse since it can cause anxiety anyway. once again idk about molly, esctasy, or mdma since its only part amphetamine and i havent done it. but generally speaking the best thing to do when your freaking out on any drug is to talk to someone who isnt fucked up who can help calm you down and make a more logical call if your actually having medical problems or just being paranoid. i'd say 90% of the time its paranoia but it only takes once so if you really dont know its always better to tell someone than assume its in your head