• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall advice, please.

eribrysan

Greenlighter
Hey, everyone - just need some advice. I recently (in November of 2017) started a new job. I absolutely LOVE it, but it is very hard, manual labor. I needed help in the performance enhancement area. Something to give me energy, make me faster & stronger. So a coworker of mine, who had a script for Adderall 30mg IR, but no longer takes it, gave them to me. Let me preface all this with the fact that I have had a lot of experience with a plethora of RX drugs, in the past. I know that it is not advisable or safe to take an RX not prescribed to me by a licenced physician. I'm taking the risk, as I always have. That doesn't mean I can't be as smart as possible, about doing something stupid lol. SO. I'd like y'alls advice on staying as safe as possible while taking this Adderall. I'm not taking it to get high, nothing against anyone who does. I'm taking it to give me enough energy and focus to do my extremely physically demanding job, and also, maybe drop a few pounds (which shouldn't be too hard, seeing as I've already lost 21 lbs, without the Adderall or any drugs, in the past 7 weeks, since starting this job). What should I not mix with this drug? The only other things I take regularly, are: my iron supplement, B12, B6, vitamin C, Singulair, benedryl, ibuprofen and Aleve. I will occasionally (not all together or even on the same day or in the same week) take Temazepam (60 - 90 mg), Xanax (1.5 - 2.5 mg), percocet (10 - 15 mg), Zanaflex (8 - 12 mg), Gabbapentin (1,800 - 3,600 mg *I do this once or twice a week, habitually, and usually between that range, 3 - 6, 600mg pills in one dose. It makes me feel super euphoric and energetic and awesome. But only if I don't do it more than twice a week*). Will ANY of the drugs i just mentioned, OTC or otherwise, cause an adverse reaction if taken in proximity to the adderall? If so, how far should i space them apart? Im asking in the sense of, if when i get off work and wanna try to sleep at 1 or 2am, instead of waiting for the Adderall to wear off, can I take the Temazepam or Xanax? Or is it contraindicated? Also, can I pop a few Aleve or ibuprofen at work while raging on the Adderall? I am anemic, (my last blood work results in December showed my red blood cell count was at 3.51, hemoglobin at 9.8, and hematocrit at 29.7), so my iron supplement is an absolute must, and was very insisted upon by my doctor. Can I take the Adderall with the 650mg of ferrous sulfate (iron) that I am prescribed daily?

Also, I have to eat something before working my shift, so I TRY to eat a healthy protein + carb rich meal (for energy) between 3 and 4 pm, seeing as I have to clock in at 5:55 pm. I've found that if I eat at that time, then take the whole 30 mg tablet of IR Adderall at 5:20 - 5:30 pm, it kicks in right as I need it to. My problem is the whole sleeping thing. I already have a screwed up circadian rhythm, and more than occasional insomnia. I am finding that when I take the 30mg at the aforementioned time (5:20 - 5:30 pm), I can't get to sleep till between 5:30 & 6:30 am the following day. That is why i was asking if i could take the Benzos when i get off work.

I'm planning on not taking any Adderall at all, on my days off, as I do not want to hasten the tolerance that I know will most likely develop sooner, rather than later (Always does with me). What can I expect on my weekends? Will I be so fatigued that I can't get out of bed? Will the urge to binge on pizza and cheeseburgers return every Saturday and Sunday? Because so far, Adderall is the only thing I have ever taken, in my whole 29 years of life, that has even touched my appetite. And by touch, I mean it kills it dead. It's awesome. Lol.

Any other advice y'all can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I don't know man sounds like a rough cycle you are getting started on. Addys affect your neurological shit and once you become dependant on amphetamines your brain will never work as good without em...not even after time will the brain completely heal. But to answer your question I think you will be fine with taking the things you mentioned.. Your anemia wohld be the biggest concern just for the fact that your bodys metabolism is working harder to stimulate the brain function and to rid your body of the substance it doesnt know.. it's also hard to keep a healthy appetite on the amphetamines which is key when having anemia.
Also.. Bouncing up in the mornings and coming down in the evenings with depressants is extreme wear and tear on your brain and the chemical receptors that control who you are. One or the other is my advice and in moderation also.

Hey, everyone - just need some advice. I recently (in November of 2017) started a new job. I absolutely LOVE it, but it is very hard, manual labor. I needed help in the performance enhancement area. Something to give me energy, make me faster & stronger. So a coworker of mine, who had a script for Adderall 30mg IR, but no longer takes it, gave them to me. Let me preface all this with the fact that I have had a lot of experience with a plethora of RX drugs, in the past. I know that it is not advisable or safe to take an RX not prescribed to me by a licenced physician. I'm taking the risk, as I always have. That doesn't mean I can't be as smart as possible, about doing something stupid lol. SO. I'd like y'alls advice on staying as safe as possible while taking this Adderall. I'm not taking it to get high, nothing against anyone who does. I'm taking it to give me enough energy and focus to do my extremely physically demanding job, and also, maybe drop a few pounds (which shouldn't be too hard, seeing as I've already lost 21 lbs, without the Adderall or any drugs, in the past 7 weeks, since starting this job). What should I not mix with this drug? The only other things I take regularly, are: my iron supplement, B12, B6, vitamin C, Singulair, benedryl, ibuprofen and Aleve. I will occasionally (not all together or even on the same day or in the same week) take Temazepam (60 - 90 mg), Xanax (1.5 - 2.5 mg), percocet (10 - 15 mg), Zanaflex (8 - 12 mg), Gabbapentin (1,800 - 3,600 mg *I do this once or twice a week, habitually, and usually between that range, 3 - 6, 600mg pills in one dose. It makes me feel super euphoric and energetic and awesome. But only if I don't do it more than twice a week*). Will ANY of the drugs i just mentioned, OTC or otherwise, cause an adverse reaction if taken in proximity to the adderall? If so, how far should i space them apart? Im asking in the sense of, if when i get off work and wanna try to sleep at 1 or 2am, instead of waiting for the Adderall to wear off, can I take the Temazepam or Xanax? Or is it contraindicated? Also, can I pop a few Aleve or ibuprofen at work while raging on the Adderall? I am anemic, (my last blood work results in December showed my red blood cell count was at 3.51, hemoglobin at 9.8, and hematocrit at 29.7), so my iron supplement is an absolute must, and was very insisted upon by my doctor. Can I take the Adderall with the 650mg of ferrous sulfate (iron) that I am prescribed daily?

Also, I have to eat something before working my shift, so I TRY to eat a healthy protein + carb rich meal (for energy) between 3 and 4 pm, seeing as I have to clock in at 5:55 pm. I've found that if I eat at that time, then take the whole 30 mg tablet of IR Adderall at 5:20 - 5:30 pm, it kicks in right as I need it to. My problem is the whole sleeping thing. I already have a screwed up circadian rhythm, and more than occasional insomnia. I am finding that when I take the 30mg at the aforementioned time (5:20 - 5:30 pm), I can't get to sleep till between 5:30 & 6:30 am the following day. That is why i was asking if i could take the Benzos when i get off work.

I'm planning on not taking any Adderall at all, on my days off, as I do not want to hasten the tolerance that I know will most likely develop sooner, rather than later (Always does with me). What can I expect on my weekends? Will I be so fatigued that I can't get out of bed? Will the urge to binge on pizza and cheeseburgers return every Saturday and Sunday? Because so far, Adderall is the only thing I have ever taken, in my whole 29 years of life, that has even touched my appetite. And by touch, I mean it kills it dead. It's awesome. Lol.

Any other advice y'all can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
But to answer yohr questions more clearly.. All the iron supps you must take are okay just try to stay hydrated. Used to mix benzo and addys quite a bit but took its toll. The dangerous way to do them,if you're going to do them together, is to do them simultaneously at high doses. Hope this helps and didn't cross any lines with my advice.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it. I'm not planning on taking the Adderall & Temazepam together, or anywhere close to together. I usually take them about 8-10 hours apart. Like, take the Adderall at 5 pm to give me energy for work, then take the Temazepam at 2 or 3am so that I can fall asleep. I never like to take the downers when I can feel myself still buzzing from the adderall, I kinda feel like it's slamming my heart against a brick wall to slow it down, when I do that. So I wait till I feel it (the Adderall) wearing off, but I'm still a bit too restless to sleep, before taking the Temazepam.

I can't give much as far as 'advice' goes since I am active user but I've been dependant on H, benzos, and whatever stim I could find. It was great until it became the only thing I cared about. I worked harder and longer, while maintaining being a full time student. But there's a point in that time period where everything shifted. Emotions, personality, family, friends..life is going to change these things no matter what we do n it goes on but the addiction changes things and contrary to life changing naturally, I just ignored it all until I was damn near 6 feet under and didn't care unless it was for the next grip of dope. Im rambling--what I wanted to say is what you are starting here seems very high risk and something you could potentially never fully come back from. I know I didn't fully heal after 2 years. At that point I realized it was permanent and started to dabble again, sad to say. I don't have the option to get as bad as I was tho and am just hoping you don't have to experience the hell I did to realize the real danger that lies in the cycle you're about to embark on.

Basically, if an individual who is in complete and utter control of himself but needs more energy to complete a late shift every once in a while can consider taking Amphetamines, but if you do not possess the self-control to do so, all it is is the beginning of a moderately-paced decline into a worse state than the one in which you had started.

I take 90 mg Adderall a day prescribed I don't go up or down it works for me.

If you are not prescribed the Adderall and you are in a harazrdous work environment you may be in serious trouble if someone snitches you out, your boss is a prick, the bueracracy is one of those "Drug Free Zone" type things, and you are either drug-tested randomly or are involved in an accident at work (after which usually a drug test is involved). You could lose your job, unemployment benefits, and basically be stuck in the mud with zero recourse. It's lame but that's the truth. Especially if you are operating heavy machinery.

So keep your mouth shut about your unprescribed drugs at work and to coworkers, and keep the doses very minimal. People will ask questions if you are speeding around the office at 6 in the morning while everyone else is still getting the sand out of their eyes.

It's also practical to not mix stimulants and relaxants/depressants, if you expect to be functional on amphetamine don't take too many benzodiazepines. If you want the full effect of the amphetamine then avoid taking ANY benzos til your day is over and you want to relax.

My Dr has me on Adderall 30mg one extended 2 immediate x3x a day and Valium 10mg 4x daily, Subutex 4mg once a day and marinol 2.5mg twice a day. He is liberal on how I take it however as I have asked. I can take one ten mg valiym during day 3 at night and hydroxizine 25mg as needed. I have intercystial cystitis if wondering why the benzo and hydroxizine Adderall required by DMV and Subutex bc I was addicted to Vicodin years ago and stuck on it ugh. Medical Marijuana card as well. I don't seek refils early and don't run out my mom holds my meds and it keeps me from losing them easily or taking more. Generally I take the Adderall during day and Valium 20mg twice at night and hydroxizine is really sedating to me so it's as needed. I obviously have mental health issues as well I cut out geodon and oxybutin on my own I was a vegetable doing better now even yho maybe this sounds high idk. I have always been on a stimulants and on and off benzos switched from 4mg kpin to Valium so some withdrawal occured I actually feel more alert on Valium strangely and when Adderall wears off