ADDERALL ADICTION **My drug dealer has a PhD***Ten years and still using

irishred1973

Greenlighter
For the past ten plus years I have been on a two week on/two week off adderall kick. It is clear to me that I have a serious addiction but I cannot stop. I have a psychiatrist who sees me for 10 minutes every two months and writes out my drug. I play the role of a successful, scatterbrained single mom of two and I surface talk with him. He sits back in his leather chair, staring out the window of his office as I recite the lies that I have been practicing. Hoping he will change my dose, scarred shitless he will see my obvious facade, nervous as hell that he will cut me off. Once again none of that has happened. He sits back up in his chair and stares into his computer screen. He asks me if my insurance is still the same and I say yes and then he clicks the mouse. The sound of the printer running off two months worth of adderral makes my heart pound. I pay my co-pay and I'm out the door. I promise myself I will take it as directed. I always seem to get a fresh script on a Thursday or Friday. If it's a Thursday, I pick it up at night and I won't take any. I will start Friday morning. If it's a Friday..then it is game on.

I was perscribed vyvance at the max dose, i believe 70mg for a long time. I was cut off immediately after a mental break down. Mental health and addiction problems are a fast deal breaker. Also, you could say that right around 4oclock you feel like your having a hard time completing tasks. Having kids 4 oclock is an extremely important time, helping with homework, getting dinner, baths and bedtime. *** this is a true story not just a way to increase perscription*** you could get the quick release 10mg for the afternoon craziness.

He probably only has an MD.

Well, you say you do two weeks on, two weeks off already? That's not what an addicted person does.

Or is this because you eat a month's supply in two weeks and then go without? (That's kind of addict-y)

Either way it means you've had a lot of experience with what happens when you quit. And it sounds like you can handle it--you didn't rob any pharmacies or murder your family. So if it's bothering you, you can quit. You quit every two weeks, just don't refill the next one.

Yeah, I know. But that means it's all willpower, and the only one who can help you there is you, maybe Oprah.

I'm curious why you're lying to your shrink. He prescribed it for a purpose originally, and you make it sound like that's no longer a problem.

In any case, another option is to ask him to switch it with methylphenidate. Downgrade to Ritalin for a while, so you can readjust your routines.

Or swap it with bupropion/Welbutrin, which does the same thing, but marketed different.

Or atomoxetine/Straterra if you like feeling wired. THat one has no dopamine action, so less addiction material.