• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall 3 Days A Week Safe?

DanDoogle3232

Greenlighter
Hi all,

New to the forum, I like to take Adderall mostly on weekends, so 3 days a week usually. I don't drink during the week but I like to drink on weekends and addy is the only way I can stay awake when I drink. Otherwise I start getting sleepy after a beer. Lol. Usually I do 5-10 mg every few hours. Anywhere from 25-45 mg a night probably on those nights. I get a pretty decent amount of sleep. I understand no drug use is safe but compared to other users on here is that a lot? Or a little? Or average?

Quick background on me, 32 year old male. Pretty good shape. Workout 4 days a week, cardio mostly and some lifting. Try to eat pretty good most days, drink lots of water. Take COQ10, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Vitamin D and C and multivitamins daily. Drink 2-3 days a week.

Thanks!

Yes it is safe.

The only issue i suppose would be if it allows you to engage in binge/overdrinking

Your routine doesn't seem too bad

Doses aren't abusive

I don't see a problem with this unless you were somehow predisposed to stimulant addiction
Yes it is safe.

The only issue i suppose would be if it allows you to engage in binge/overdrinking

Yes it is safe.

I usually try to pay attention to how many I have to drink. Any negative interactions between the two?

No, it's not cocaine. The only problem would come from too much alcohol being consumed due to a false feeling of sobriety or not feeling as buzzed/drunk as you actually are thanks to the adderall.

Last edited:
I mean, it's not doing you any favors and you probably shouldn't do this 'every' weekend, but unless you have a heart condition it probably won't be the death of you.

I'm sure you already know but it's really really easy to get way too drunk while taking adderall with booze.

The hangovers feel like death too so be sure to hydrate and eat and blah blah. If you do that then you'll battering your body a little less

Nothing inherently wrong with Adderall 3x a week if its used as intended, but to use it in this way is just asking for trouble. The overconfidence + lowered inhibitions from booze can make you do some stupid, embarrassing shit, that you'll have contend with on your off days. Not to mention this habit could easily jump up to the ladder to meth. Only need to look at the forum in basic drug discussion to see its 50% new meth users trying to justify it, kinda like this thread.

Well I mean i drink a sizeable amount on it but I do keep track on how many I've had to drink always. I'm OCD about it. I do 5-10 mg at a time every few hours when I'm drinking, otherwise I'd just be pounding sugar free Redbull vodkas because drinking makes me sleepy. I work hard during the week work and gym wise I like to enjoy my weekends and stay up later. I'm also a hypochondriac though and that's why I posted this question

It's not safe, these doses at that frequency can cause dopaminergic depletion which can lead to mental illness. Especially a type of depressive syndrome that mainly consists of anhedonia and amotivation. I have seen it many times, but the recovery period seems to be less brutal than many other types of drugs.