• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall 20 mg xr

rastaclat

Greenlighter
Hello, this is my first post and i just want an opinion on the subject of Adderall. SWIM uses adderall unprescribed in order to help them study for longer periods. They use adderall quite infrequently and are smart with their dosages. Their dosages can range from spliting the 30mg xr into two separate capsules, splitting the 20mg ir in half or even in four, and taking 20mg xr whole. The 1/4 of 20mg ir as well as half of the 30mg xr is enough for them to notice and get a good kick. But for some reason, when taking the 20mg xr they can hardly notice it. They claim to notice it slightly but for some reason it does not combat their tiredness, they are still able to fall asleep quite easily, and they dose off while studying. Considering their other dosages this seems to be a little weird. Could it be something with the 20mg xr pill? or maybe it was just a fluke? (which i doubt because it has happened more than once) or maybe coincidentally they dont take it with the right conditions? i.e eating or drinking something that could negate the effects
Please drop some thoughtful info or assumptions!

Well...
It could be a few things:
Could be stomach contents. Could be tolerance, Could be a shitty counterfeit pill, Could be some random idiosyncratic thing we'll never get to the bottom of.
Place to start would be by trying a 20mgXR again next time with an empty-ish stomach and a couple tums...and something else in reserve if it still isn't working.
Oh, and don't swim, cops know it's you.

Well if you're not breaking up the XR and you usually take IRs you're probably not gonna feel much. Idk much about these pills but usually XR gives you a small dose every hr or so. Thats why you break XRs into powder. You break the time release and get all 20 mg at once instead of like 5 every hr or whatever that particular pill does. And doing so isn't exactly safe so be careful and if you break it up and snort it do small bumps at a time.

I am prescribed Adderall IR 20mgs daily but I don't take it everyday. I've found that tolerance builds up rapidly. Instead I skip a day and take 40 mgs in one dose. This keeps me focused, energetic, and euphoric. I like to eat before I take it because I can't eat anything while on it. I have taken it on an empty stomach and noticed no difference from taking it on an empty stomach.

I'm the same way. I can chew up a fast acting, peach pill(30 mg) and feel that, but if i take a 30mg xr capsule, i don't feel it as much. weird

It is strange that you can sleep so easily after an XR dose... wow. I took 60 mg XR yesterday at 10 AM and haven't slept since. I HATE THEM for this very reason lol