• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderal shortage

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Dry as a bone pretty much state wide. I believe this is being caused by DEA restrictions to precursors. Is this bullshit going to continue until the new year?

Last edited:
It’s expected to last until 2024 at least yeah

It doesn’t make much sense on the “common sense” level. If they can’t handle the tens of millions of prescriptions that are written for adderall every single year in this country, then ramp up production. Amphetamines have been manufactured for centuries, doesn’t seem like it would be an impossible task. But of course they have to consider the regulatory framework too I guess. I haven’t really read anything about the DEA’s role in this in published news reports

Yeah I switched to dexedrine because of it. Which is more available it seems.

I actually prefer adderall though. The l-levo amphetamine in it makes it more physically stimulating, which I like. Not as smooth as dexedrine and has more peripheral side-effects but I still prefer adderall.

Its not about precursor restrictions but production qoutas. DEA unwillingness to allow for increased production is their way of putting the brakes on the large increases in the number of adderall scripts that occurred due to pandemic telehealth exemptions. Which is fucked up since the DEA is essentially trying to practice medicine by saying, "no your doctor is wrong, you don't need adderall".

Of course the Mexicans have been quick to step in and have ramped up production of fake adderall (containing meth). To the cartels credit, their fake adderalls are pretty well made, containing a fairly appropriate sized dose of meth. But meth certainly isn't adderall by any stretch.

It’s expected to last until 2024 at least yeah

It doesn’t make much sense on the “common sense” level. If they can’t handle the tens of millions of prescriptions that are written for adderall every single year in this country, then ramp up production. Amphetamines have been manufactured for centuries, doesn’t seem like it would be an impossible task. But of course they have to consider the regulatory framework too I guess. I haven’t really read anything about the DEA’s role in this in published news reports

I think the producers should take a little adderal and get to work to solve this shit.. like tonight.

I think the producers should take a little adderal and get to work to solve this shit.. like tonight.
Lmao so I was seeing this chick that just saved them and my script like 263 and I get 60 month. Hopefully they up my dose soon. The shortage was because of the opiate epidemic/related.

Amphetamines have been manufactured for centuries, doesn’t seem like it would be an impossible task.
Amphetamines were first synthesised in the late 19th Century but they've not been manufactured fir centuries.
Mass production started in the 1934 with Benzedrine.

Ask your primary care practitioner to switch you to Dexedrine Spansules. They were short for a bit but now their shortage problem seems to have been resolved.

When there's 50 million prescriptions written for a drug that has DEA imposed production limitations, you're going to have shortages.

That's literally where we're at 50 million prescriptions dispensed for Adderall. Well maybe not anymore.

When there's 50 million prescriptions written for a drug that has DEA imposed production limitations, you're going to have shortages.

That's literally where we're at 50 million prescriptions dispensed for Adderall. Well maybe not anymore.
They say that ADHD is one of the most falsely diagnosed diseases ever. But 50 million? That's quite a lot.

They say that ADHD is one of the most falsely diagnosed diseases ever. But 50 million? That's quite a lot.
In 2021 it was 41.4 million.

This year it's going to be about 50 million now that's not people, That's 50 million prescriptions. Some are one month. Some are 3 months.

In 2021 it was 41.4 million.

This year it's going to be about 50 million now that's not people, That's 50 million prescriptions. Some are one month. Some are 3 months.
I know, but still a lot. Do you know of any other nation on Earth that consumes that much Adderall?

I know, but still a lot. Do you know of any other nation on Earth that consumes that much Adderall?
No other nation on earth. Consumes the drugs that the United States does.

In 2021, 16.8 million United States citizens adults admitted to using methamphetamine at least once in their lifetime.

That's more than the entire adult population of Australia.

No other nation on earth. Consumes the drugs that the United States does.

In 2021, 16.8 million United States citizens adults admitted to using methamphetamine at least once in their lifetime.

That's more than the entire adult population of Australia.
Wow, that's just sad. But if 17 million Americans have tried meth before, shouldn't that be an indication of a bigger problem? The war on drugs is a lost cause.

Wow, that's just sad. But if 17 million Americans have tried meth before, shouldn't that be an indication of a bigger problem? The war on drugs is a lost cause.
I don't necessarily see how that's a problem. It's more like a statement. The war on drugs is a lost cause.