• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderal question. Looking a little help please

Blazer230

Bluelighter
Hey guys and gals and I'm fairly new to this forum and I've never really experimented around with any kind of drugs I have never smoked marijuana or done any illegal drugs for that matter. Now don't get me wrong I was by no means an angel. I used to love my bourbon as good as the next man. My question is I'm a 46-year-old male married for 20 years and overall decent health not overweight, blood pressure cholesterol all that stuff is normal. My question is about two weeks ago my doctor prescribed me Ritalin. After I started taking the Ritalin I was having really bad headaches or let me rephrase that not really bad but just a nagging nagging headache that would last all day. So I told her about it and then she switched me to Adderalls. It was what she called a baby dose. It was 1- 10 mg tablet three times a day. I went back and saw her this week and told her I really couldn't tell if the Adderall we're doing anything. So immediately she put me on the 20 mg Adderalls of course these are all instant release and she told me to try them. She said to take them a couple times a day just play around with it "we're going to have to play with it" she said, that's understandable. Well yesterday morning I took 2- 20 mg Adderalls just as she told me to, like a said she told me to "play" around with it. Well I took the two yesterday morning so that was 40 mg and then I took two at lunch. And then later that afternoon my wife come to me and she said oh my God,did you remember to take your medicine? I couldn't remember I was so busy I don't know so I took two more. Needless to say I have not been to sleep in 36 hours and this old man wants to go to sleep. Last night I took my Ambien as usual about 2 1/2 hours after it had done nothing at all, I didn't want to take another one so I took two over-the-counter Sominex at about 5:30 this morning I still haven't been to sleep not the least bit sleepy but my body's tired. The only other medicine I take is, I get 360 30 mg Oxycodone every month 180 10 mg oxycodone every month and my pain management doctor has just prescribed me 50 µg fentanyl patches. Which that is a whole Nother story but to be quick about it I usually get the patches in the really small and dry this last time last week I got them from the pharmacy and they are much bigger and they have like a some kind of gel in them. I don't like the ones with the gel in them at all, they seem to really mess me up and I don't like that high feeling. So I guess to make this long story short is there anything any of you guys with experience with Adderall would suggest that I take to go to sleep? Now a small footnote every morning when I wake up which this one was not one of them my wife already has my drink fixed my Crystal light and my medicine laid out beside the table on my nightstand I don't even know what I'm taken I just pick him up and take them she gives them to me I take them. It could be rat poison and for all I know and I'm going to die a slow agonizing death. So I asked her (not thinking) about an hour later and she had given me two more of the Adderall's so I know I have got to give these time to get out of my system as well so I'm just very very frustrated. So I am looking some advice. Thank you guys for taking the time to read this novel. I had no intention of it being this long but since I can speak into my phone I guess you can really ramble and ramble thank you very much. You guys and gals have a great Sunday

Last edited:
turn that into paragraphs not many members have the patience to read something like this

turn that into paragraphs not many members have the patience to read something like this

Im TOO tired to go over it again...lol... I have seen much much longer post on here. But I do understand your point. I just read over it. It is just one paragraph.. No need to break it up

you can drink orange juice to help with the come down of adderall to help get some sleep OJ basically weakness its effects
avoid things like tums etc as it can potenate the effects
or even a benzo will soothe the addy crash

you can drink orange juice to help with the come down of adderall to help get some sleep OJ basically weakness its effects
avoid things like tums etc as it can potenate the effects
or even a benzo will soothe the addy crash

Thanks buddy, That might be my issue I have not had Tums but have been chugging Mylanta straight out of the bottle for the heartburn. I NEVER get heartburn anymore since I have been on Nexium..

I pushed through my Ambien as if I took a placebo then the 2 Sominex did nothing either..I guess I will fall out sometime..lol