• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Actavis Oxymorphone and other questions

EhlersD

Greenlighter
Hello all

This is my first post and I have several questions as I move forward with my upcoming brain surgery. I am currently on both immediate release and extended release oxymorphone. I take 90mg of actavis ER daily and 80mg IR.

The actavis ER is a new addition to my pain regimen and I am having a lot of side effects to it. I take my meds as directed, 30mg ER three times daily but it is giving me severe anxiety and muscle twitching. I never had these side effects when i was taking only the immediate release. Is there something different about the extended release that can cause these types of reactions? Could it be the mechanism that makes it time release?

Also, my second question revolves around splitting the actavis ER in half, in order to take a larger time release dosage before bed so I can sleep. Will it release all of the medication at once or because its time release, will it be okay. As you can see, I am not all that experienced with these types of things.

finally, I have seen a lot on here about Actavis being discontinued but this is all my pharmacy carries and they said they don't know anything about actavis being discontinued. What is going on? can actavis reformulate it and continue or are they banned completely. When will the supply run out?

Thank you in advance for any help on this.