Acronyms on the site

inpain123

Greenlighter
Hello all...
Im obviously new to bluelight and i was wondering if there is any way to get a list of the acronyms that everyone uses. Just trying to understand what I'm reading. TIA

Hey inpain123, great to see you make a post :)

You might find this link useful to understand some of the terminology and shorthands people use around the site. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to bring them up in here.

Hello all...
Im obviously new to bluelight and i was wondering if there is any way to get a list of the acronyms that everyone uses. Just trying to understand what I'm reading. TIA

People use IIRC a lot which I'd never heard but it means If I Remember Correctly. There's PLUR which I still don't know (it does not mean Plural like I'd assumed)
People's names are sometimes nicknamed to acronyms, like most people call me C.E.

Reactions: CFC
PLUR - peace, love, unity, respect. Used somewhat ironically a lot of the time, but that was its original meaning. Free hippie love.
TTYS - talk to you soon
IYKWIM - if you know what i mean
TTYTT - to tell you the truth
IIRC - if I recall correctly, also often used ironically.

Or simply ask in the thread where the acronym is used. Chances are, someone else reading will have the same question and can benefit from the public answer.

There are a lot of acronyms which refer to sub-forums around here. For example The Lounge = TL, and European & African Drug Discussion (which is absolutely full to the brim with all of our many varied African posters), is referred to as EADD.

Per the wayback archives (we might be able to recover more of that page if needed)

Common Forum Abbreviations and Terminology
"A Guide To Bluelight Acronyms"
See also Urban Dictionary.
BLUELIGHT / NET TERMS
AFAIK
- As far as I know
ASAP - As soon as possible
ATM - At the moment
A/S/L - Age, sex, location
BL - Bluelight
BTW - By the way
DOC - Drug of choice
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
FOAF - Friend of a friend (use of this term is discouraged on BL; see SWIM)
FTW - For the win
FWIW - For what its worth
GTFO - Get the fuck out
IIRC - if I recall correctly
IME - In my experience
IMO - In my opinion
IMHO - In my honest opinion
ITT - In this thread
IMHO - in my honest/humble opinion
LMAO - Laughing my ass off
LOL - Laughing out loud OR lots of love
OP - Original Poster
PLUR - Peace, love, unity, respect
QFT - Quoted for truth
RFD - Request for discussion
ROA - Route of administration (Refers to the method used to ingest a drug, such as smoking or ingesting orally)
ROTFLMAO - Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
RTG - Read the guidelines
SLR - Bluelight forum Sex, Love and Relationships
S/O - Significant other (boyfriend, girlfriend)
STFU - Shut the fuck up
SWIM - Someone who isn't me (Use of this term is discouraged on BL; it is used on some forums in an attempt to avoid incriminating oneself, e.g. "SWIM is considering manufacturing meth, what does SWIM need to know?". There is no evidence that this provides any protection from legal repercussions, and it makes your posts hard to follow. Also, many people switch between "SWIM" and "I" in the same post. Finally, you shouldn't be incriminating yourself (drug synthesis, dealing, etc) on Bluelight anyway)
TBH - To be honest
TDS - Bluelight forum The Dark Side
TLB - Bluelight administrator TheLoveBandit (many usernames become abbreviated in discussions; this one is known for frequently leaving tl;dr posts in his wake).
tl;dr - Too long; didn't read.
Troll - A non-person who spends their energy disrupting the normal flow of the Bluelight community (Technically not an abbreviation, but still good to know.)
TTYS - "Talk to yourself". A long-standing lounge thread for general banter.
UTSE - Use the search engine
WTF? - What the fuck?
YMMV - Your mileage may vary

Sonofabitch! Who put this in there and when?

TLB - Bluelight administrator TheLoveBandit (many usernames become abbreviated in discussions; this one is known for frequently leaving tl;dr posts in his wake).

It's also worth noting that we often reference forums by their acronyms. For example, TL refers to The Lounge, OD to Other Drugs, BDD to Basic Drug Discussion, etc.