View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

*Acid Storage

A

anonymous_guest

About seven months ago, a friend of mine bought a few acid tabs, around 115 ug in each.

They have them stored in tin foil, inside of a tiny zip-lock bag, with that bag inside of a book, and the book inside of an airtight box. They kept this box in a dark, dry place, at around room temperature for seven month. They are just wondering if these tabs have lost a lot of potency, and whether it would be better to just get rid of them and get new tabs for future use, or whether they would most likely be ok.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

About seven months ago, a friend of mine bought a few acid tabs, around 115 ug in each.

They have them stored in tin foil, inside of a tiny zip-lock bag, with that bag inside of a book, and the book inside of an airtight box. They kept this box in a dark, dry place, at around room temperature for seven month. They are just wondering if these tabs have lost a lot of potency, and whether it would be better to just get rid of them and get new tabs for future use, or whether they would most likely be ok.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Is this a troll post?

No, your acid is absolutely going to be fine after just 7 months under near-ideal storage conditions; any perceived loss of potency at this point can be attributed to placebo or the bloggers being unevenly laid.

Is this a troll post?

No, your acid is absolutely going to be fine after just 7 months under near-ideal storage conditions; any perceived loss of potency at this point can be attributed to placebo or the bloggers being unevenly laid.

I'd agree that little deterioration, if any, should've occurred in that time. In fact, a few years ago I read about, I believe it was in the MAPS bulletin, the testing of what had been a sealed vial or ampule of original Sandoz Delysid, 40 years or more, after it was sealed, which had been kept in its bottle, which was of brown shaded glass, but have been stored at room temperature. While I cannot recall the exact tudes of the testing, the big picture was that there was absolutely no deterioration, or the most minor deterioration one could conceive, of the product, during that time.

This was all a surprise to me, at the time, because I used to take such extreme precaution, keeping my acid at the lowest temperature possible, always in a freezer, always packed away carefully, with desiccants, and only opening up the package, when I was going to take out 10 or more, at once.

Almost all the acid I have taken in my life has been blotter.

I mentioned that, just to clarify the medium on which the LSD was carried, in my particular case.

I hope you have a safe and revealing time, once you ingest your acid.

Rita Prell

^^ Agreed. Freezer in amber vials free of moisture is the standard for myself when storing lysergamides long term. Mostly for peace of mind. I live in a region where summers are hot and humid so if any cooled air system malfunctions, the freezer is the best place to be

But im also going to beat a dead horse here and say in the real world its honestly fine stored in tinfoil at room temperature.

Small glass amber colored vials are relatively inexpensive and convenient to keep around.

i have always kept my tabs wrapped in tinfoil, in a really small ziplock and between the pages of a book in my drawer. Never noticed any loss in potency after months of storage. I sometimes think the whole instability of lsd at room temperature is exaggerated sometimes, mainly because when exposed to light at high temperatures the degredative process can occur quite rapidly however my understanding of it is you need all three components: oxygen, light and heat for this process to occur. By taking away at least 2 of them you can probably store them that way for a long time. Happy tripping!