View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

acid problems

wesleytoothny

Greenlighter
So check this out I'm 17 and started dropping tabs I did it once before and.it was great and then I took a took a supposed triple hit tab of acid... And at first it was awesome colors and shit and then I was listening to.some heavy music which I always do and I started to saw my arms and body tear apart and I started falling into a hole and I immediately jumped up and yelled "DON'T ME FALL INTO IT! FUCK" AND THE WHOLE NIGHT I was asking if everything is okay and my friends kept.saying yes!
And ever since then ive had terrible trouble with life...I've always been really.positive and chill and like good vibes always
And now I literally always feel like I'm.on the acid without the visuals.. I get a feeling like I'm flying away all the time or I get a feeling that my arms are tearing apart and im afraid to look at them so I'm.constantly holding my hands together or sitting on them cause I'm extremely scared and I'm constantly telling myself I'm okay and I've read ALOT of posts on here and like a lot.of them are people.mixing with acid but it was straight up just acid and weed and fruits and ciggs

I was the kind.of teen that faces an extendo like 3 times a day every day on top of blunts and bowl.packs with my friends after school

I'm in a really.successful band...and I have a lot.of friends.. Im always usually happy even when things are bad i mind.my.business and do me.. But at the time I took it my brother was put in prison like 2 days before and we were being evicted from our house in a month from.then we had it all.planned it and its all.working out like we planned and I did the acid to take my mind off shit and just chill with my boys and get trippy .. It was so.great at first great feeling super happy looked like I was seeing things for the first time and so many colors I've never seen before and I always hear acid won't show.you what isn't there just warp.it
But like imagine looking at your arms and seeing them split between your ring finger and middle finger all the way up and like I felt as if I was falling into a hole and it got completly dark and cold and my.body got a scary tingle around it.... And so it wore off after 6 hours.. Weird right? But whatever I took a walk with my friends and I was going so.fast doing everything I can to take my mind off of the scary part... And it finally went away... Then the next two weeks were smoking blunts and.getting high chilling and shit and then one day I'm sitting there coming and I got a tingly feeling and then I WENT BACK INTO THE TRIP!!!!! and they day I said the exact same.thing and did the same thing "DON'T LET ME FALL INTO IT GUYS! FUCK!"
AND they reassured me everything was fine and I'm like yo wtf I'm off the shit why did that happen and ever since then I have the acid high feeling... I can't even smoke a.blunt without getting terrible anxiety I can't be I'm the dark without freaking out... I constantly feel afraid always shaking.. And I can't focus my.mind... Everything feels off... I have no emotion... You know when you're just chilling watching TV you daze off into the show?... Well I can't do that... I'm constantly looking around, moving, and being freaked out... I told my mom she tolde how she used to.drop every week and double her doses and it.never did that and my.manager tells me he's never heard of this.. He drops 21 single hit tabs every 3 weeks and never have this problem and I refuse to go.back on it and see what happens... I just want to sit back and be myself again... I've never thought of suicide more in my life than at the moment everyday I just wish I could go back to normal and I fear one day I'll just hang myself or my brain will collapse or something... I know a I'd dehydrates your brain and that's where my light headed feeling comes from everyday all the time and I can't sleep... If I do its cause I pass out literally I pass out from exhaustion... And when.I do my dreams are so scary.. I have sleep paralysis every time... Not lucid dreams... Not that other thing... I can't move and I go.through the trip every time with nothing but a tinlge feeling
What can I do... Why am I feeling this way... What the fuck do I do... I love my life... I love my.family... I love my friends.. And I don't want to.die guys... But if this doesn't end or if I can subside this I won't make it.. I just won't.
I can't live with this constant bullshit always fucking freaking out I can't even have sex!! My girlfriend Gabe me.head for an hour and nothing no boner only.me freaking the fuckout scared. The whole time
The only time.it get remotely better is when I'm.at work and my mind is busy making food... Other than that I SIT there at practice questioning if I'm actually awake doing all this shit or sitting g somewhere mentally retarded from.this acid or fucking in an insane asylum thinking I'm.doing this and it freaks me.out!!! Am.I.alive or is this fucking fake!?!???? Please I have no.fucking idea I'm so fuckong fed up of this it makes me.so angry to.be like this I dropped out if fucking highschool cause of this! I'm a fucking mess!!! And I really.hope this message .writing is a message and not me fucking mentally fucked imaging this is happening I'm so miserable and.confused...
Someone... Anyone... Please give me some advice, say something to calm my.nerves reassure me things may be okay if they won't be tell me straight up... Just help me please

I've had the same thing happen on a really high dose of acid (having my body torn apart but without pain), but I gave in to it and it gave me absolutely no problems whatsoever. Don't be afraid, it's just ego death.

Do you have any predisposition for mental illness? Perhaps you should contact a psychiatrist or a doctor about this if it's so severe; at the end of the day you're talking to a forum of drug users without medical degrees.

The best advice I can offer is just exercise, eat healthy, AVOID DRUG USE, and stay positive. It's very unlikely this will last forever. Staying positive is very helpful as well, just accept this happened and try to use it as a reason to change your life for the better. You can't change the past but you can learn from it.

If you ever do LSD again, let yourself die. Force yourself to relax and accept death peacefully because LSD can't physically kill you even if you took 30 hits. Dying on a psychedelic is only the precursor to seeing what we weren't meant to see, and it's one of the most amazing experiences you can have.

So let's say I stopped freaking out for about 5inutes and I relax.myind and.body do you think I'll go through the end of this? Or will.nothing happen and I'll realize I'm a just a pussy?

So an hour after I read these comments i tried to relax and chill and once I did I got a heavy, really heavy feeling over me and I felt like I was getting weak what does that mean

How long has it been since that acid trip? I would definitely lay of the weed, if you're already anxious it will just make it worse most of the time.

As was said already, the feeling of dying is not uncommon on higher doses. Fighting it is usually what leads to unpleasant experiences, while just letting go and reminding yourself that you took a drug that can't possibly harm you physically, will often lead to a positive experience of ego-softening/ego-dissolution (like the feeling of becoming one with all).

Just give youself some time without drugs and it will most likely get better. If it's already been this way for some time, maybe consider talking to a therapist.

Time, no drugs (especially not weed), exercise, healthy food. All these together might fix it. I have had months of feeling scared spooked and mad after heavy use, but it does go. Usual meds for anxiety and depression (but be careful of benzos).

Tripping again probably won't cure you. Meditation, exercise, and eating well (lots of serotonin-rich foods seem to help) however, will. Meditation has been shown to raise your tolerance to stress and anxiety by physically shrinking stress-related parts of the brain. I would be very surprised if you didn't get back to normal within a few months. Just relax and try not to worry too much. Worrying and stressing over it just makes it worse.

you just have to learn to dont react to the fear,if theres no response from your concious mind,your uncounsious mind will adapt over time that the fear isnt real and eventually it will go away.Also meditating,eating good and most important exercice will help alot

One thing to try to avoid is "catastrophising", which means interpreting temporary, uncomfortable feelings as a total catastrophe. Like when you say you try to relax, but then you re-experience feelings from the bad trip/panic attack you had on acid, you mention thinking "catastrophising" thoughts that 'I'll get stuck in a trip forever', 'I'll never get better', 'I can't deal with what's going on', etc. It's rather common to experience ongoing anxiety for a few months after a bad/panicky psychedelic trip, and for most people, those feelings eventually fade (especially if you take the advice you've been given above: avoid drugs, exercise, try to get enough sleep, eat healthy, and I'd also add, keep spending time with your friends, girlfriend, family, etc. even if it doesn't feel rewarding or fun all the time, because it's probably not a good idea to isolate yourself). So it's probably not true that those feelings are actually a "catastrophe" even though they are very uncomfortable.

Anxiety can cause some weird physical and mental sensations, like the ones you describe. One thing to practice when you feel something like that coming on is not trying to suppress it, accepting it's uncomfortable, but rather than thinking the "catastrophising" thoughts, instead think more rational thoughts like, "this is probably just temporary", "it's normal to feel weird for a few months after a bad trip", "sure, this sucks at the moment, but I can get through this alive", etc. You might find that the more you practice that, the more automatically your mind goes to the rational thoughts, rather than the catastrophe thoughts, and the better you get at "riding out" the anxiety.

You mentioned that you have issues with anxiety and depression, and were having suicidal thoughts. Of course having depression or an anxiety disorder makes any kind of drug use more risky. I hope you have access to someone like a psychologist, psychiatrist, counsellor, etc. If you're having suicidal thoughts, PLEASE try to see someone like that about it, or at least talk to someone close to you. It's very likely this will eventually get better!

One thing to try to avoid is "catastrophising", which means interpreting temporary, uncomfortable feelings as a total catastrophe. Like when you say you try to relax, but then you re-experience feelings from the bad trip/panic attack you had on acid, you mention thinking "catastrophising" thoughts that 'I'll get stuck in a trip forever', 'I'll never get better', 'I can't deal with what's going on', etc. It's rather common to experience ongoing anxiety for a few months after a bad/panicky psychedelic trip, and for most people, those feelings eventually fade (especially if you take the advice you've been given above: avoid drugs, exercise, try to get enough sleep, eat healthy, and I'd also add, keep spending time with your friends, girlfriend, family, etc. even if it doesn't feel rewarding or fun all the time, because it's probably not a good idea to isolate yourself). So it's probably not true that those feelings are actually a "catastrophe" even though they are very uncomfortable.

Anxiety can cause some weird physical and mental sensations, like the ones you describe. One thing to practice when you feel something like that coming on is not trying to suppress it, accepting it's uncomfortable, but rather than thinking the "catastrophising" thoughts, instead think more rational thoughts like, "this is probably just temporary", "it's normal to feel weird for a few months after a bad trip", "sure, this sucks at the moment, but I can get through this alive", etc. You might find that the more you practice that, the more automatically your mind goes to the rational thoughts, rather than the catastrophe thoughts, and the better you get at "riding out" the anxiety.

You mentioned that you have issues with anxiety and depression, and were having suicidal thoughts. Of course having depression or an anxiety disorder makes any kind of drug use more risky. I hope you have access to someone like a psychologist, psychiatrist, counsellor, etc. If you're having suicidal thoughts, PLEASE try to see someone like that about it, or at least talk to someone close to you. It's very likely this will eventually get better!

This this this this.
Never underestimate the power of your mind.
I struggled a long time coming to terms with my depression, and wished to blame it on various possible illnesses that would hopefully bring me peace of mind.
This is because my depression manifested mostly with physical symptoms opposed to mental; with things such as daily headaches, arthritic joint pain, constant visual disturbances, extreme fatigue, insomnia, and extremely painful heartburn.
I of course had mental symptoms as well including feelings of worthlessness and thoughts of suicide.

A particularly troubling trip can bring about all these symptoms, I have noticed this quite often.
The best I've done is by realizing that all these were caused by my brain, and by virtue of this, I can cure them.
Try taking a serious break from drugs and try exercise.
Do yoga, meditate, come to terms with yourself, and try to be constantly self-aware of the possible toxic thoughts which are likely the culprit of your psychological distress.
I noticed that when something bad would happen I would do as shoo-bop said and catastrophize and blow everything out of proportion, but I did not do this consciously.
It was simply an instantaneous snap judgement I had no control over, and this can be quite frightening as it leads you to believe you are simply not in control of your self or your thoughts, much less your emotions.
This too is a toxic belief to hold as it's simply not true, not entirely any ways.
When you find yourself catastrophizing take a step back and evaluate your thoughts.
Do they hold any basis in reality? Are they rational and are they truly reflective of me or are they simply just the product of negative thought patterns?
Once you've established the irrationality of your depression and anxiety, you can fight it.
It's not easy by any means, but it's worked better for me than any drug, prescription or otherwise, has ever done.

May I ask again, for how long has this been troubling you? It really makes a difference if we're talking about two weeks or six months here. Sorry if you already wrote it and I overlooked it.

When you said you have anxiety and depression, did you mean you have it since that trip or you already had it before?

I also want to reiterate the point about 'catastrophizing'. When you say that "it starts again", does it really? In my experience it is very common after a impressive trip (whether positive or negative), that all kind of stuff will remind you of how you felt during that trip. These thoughts/feelings, that remind you of it, are totally normal and you were having them all the time before that experience too, but now they are associated with that one, very unusual experience and therefore make you think back to that point in time. Try to remind yourself, that you're not actually reliving your negative experience, you're just remembering it.
Of course all that is easy for me to say, since I have never been troubled by a problem like that. I hope it can help a little bit anyway.