View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid night before anesthesia?

Iluvmesumweed

Greenlighter
I'm thinking about tripping tonight with my friends but tomorrow at 1pm I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out and I'll be put under anesthesia...? Are there any risks here? Do the two drugs affect eachother?

I'm not sure if LSD interacts with the anesthesia you will be given; but I personally would not do it.

LSD makes sleep very difficult or impossible for some people. Do you really want to go into surgery where you will be sedated with little or no sleep at all?

Yeha, going to the dentist all washed out after a night of doing acid doesn't sound like the best decision to make.

For wisdom teeth extraction, its likely you will not actually be under a general anesthetic, as its not necessary, and is much safer to just be heavily sedated on something such as Midazolam, which is a benzo that sedated and produces an amnesiac effect so the Pt. Doesn't remember the surgery. This enables the patient to follow basic commands during the surgery, and eliminates the need for intubation.

LSD is likely to increase the dose required to achieve the desired level of sedation, and if this happens, it might not be very pleasant at all for you.

Should you decide you just have to have a trip, ensure you are honest with the dentist/anesthesiologist from the start. They will know for certain if its nothing to worry about, or if you should reschedule...

This has bad idea written all over it, though I suppose by now you've already decided to do it or not.

Even if the LSD has worn off, if you're awake for the procedure then that sounds like post-psychedelic hell. I can't think of a worse thing to do to one's psyche right after a night of tripping and expanded consciousness than to go for a wisdom tooth extraction at the dentist. Are you for real?

Anyway, let us know how it goes either way.

Man dawg, I was a hard core addict and i wouldn't even do that. You're playing with fire. Save it for latter, to risky.

Yes please let us know what happened..

Moved from wiki to PD..