View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Acid" + DXM

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
This weekend marks the first since I'm a free man. Free from SAT prep or anything that requires me to be home looking at a book (excluding reading).

So I wanna take some "acid" and dxm with a friend. I have tried both before and I'm experienced adequately with them. 2Tabs and 600mg being the biggest doses I've taken separately.

The acid from this particular source has a MDMA+Xanax icky taste but is active orally. I've let it swish for less than 5 mins before and swallowed and tripped according to an LSD experience.

The main reason I'm asking about this is because of the potential dangers with mixing an unknown RC that can fit on a blotter with DXM. It's for my friend and I's safety as we plan to take 1 bottle of Robitussin(240mg) and 1 Tab of this "acid". I was also thinking since it is a long lasting high, whether it may be more enjoyable to take a bottle of Delsym. The smaller one.

So I guess the question is, given the details I've listed, would it matter what's on the tab? Or regardless of what's on the tab will it be dangerous? Serotonin syndrome fears here.

Yes it matters, I would not want to combine some unknown (even if already 'tasted') dose of an NBOMe with DXM indeed cause of those exact fears. And even if it is not lethal, I imagine it can be a pretty damn uncomfortable feverish ride. How could that risk possibly be worth it?

Maybe consider alternative scenarios that accept NBOMe's and DOX, even 5-MeO-AMT... that way 'everybody wins'. Almost as much as actually knowing what drug you are taking.

The icky taste doesn't prove anything but it does seriously warrant a reagent test. I'd ask if the blotter also numbs the mouth but this is pretty much encouraging ID speculation / discussion.

So indeed back to your point of importance, the hypothetical indeed.

To rehash: I would only take the DXM if the LSD identity is confirmed by , say, Ehrlich's.

No reagent test available. But if the tab was active when swallowed then it won't be Nbome am I wrong? It also doesn't last as long as the DOx series is said to last. 10-12 Hrs at most. It just has a nasty taste and dealer says it's because of the ink. Supposedly from amsterdam brought from columbia. Not really numbing, more nasty.

I don't want the thread to be closed but is it really THAT not worth it? I mean, have you never combined DXM with any of these RCs? Or anybody else for that matter? Will it really be a nasty ride? I feel as though it can't be that bad

The dealer is certain it can be safely mixed with MDxx tho. If that may count for anything. I suppose this will suit for DXM as it is very similar in terms of serotonin issues. Like i asked him if i can mix with DXM but he didn't know what that was. He just talked about ecstasy instead. He seems to enjoy the mix himself.

Last edited:
No reagent test available.
if you have internet, you can get one. if you can't get it in time, don't do the combination.

also, there have been people poppong up, reporting oral activity of 25x-NBOMe, so I'd say swallowing it doesn't keep you on the safe side...

I imagine it can be a pretty damn uncomfortable feverish ride.

i feel as though you are overstating it. I've read of someone mixing Nbome and DXM and said it was a great trip but that's providing it is Nbome, I've also read a couple reports on the other additives on blotters mixed with DXM. I also read a report of a metallic taste blotter and DXM, they all really enjoyed it. Though I respect your judgement. The vasoconstriction is what truly concerns me. I have gotten a headache on DXM once or twice and it is truly uncomfortable. I've also gotten a headache from this same blotter in the past though the last 2 times i took it i was fine and it was more clear. I guess I was just wanting someone to be like "dude i'm sure you'll be fine just don't dose too high" so that I can justify my safety but that's not HR and I truly want to try it and never again. I'm actually buying a test kit next month and won't take untested MDxx or LSD again.

Anyway as a solution for the possible "uncomfortableness" shall I take a small dose of Valium day before or on the same day to reduce vasoconstriction and over-stimulation. I for one do not enjoy the tweaked out feelings from acid blotters tbh. The jaw clenching and face twitches can really be annoying and I've read that some people enjoy a benzo while tripping because it adds to the relaxation.

For me DXM on its own tends to be feverish, also I said what I imagined so I can state it however I please? :p

The point is that DXM / DXO metabolite etc has way more complex and a bit different pharmacology than other, arylcyclohexylic dissociatives.. most of all the serotonin reuptake inhibition.
Considering NBOMe's are selective serotonin receptor agonists that are observed to produce seizures and dangerous complications in some cases, I would really recommend against tweaking serotonin activity further by adding an SRI to it.

And as always I am not interested in arguments based on n=1 type anecdotes of people who were fine, who enjoyed it even, or plainly survived. Let alone something as vague as metallic taste blotter, give me a break.
I think people have no business taking various serotonergic drugs with NBOMes although of course it depends on what type of action that serotonergic action actually is. The risks are unpredictable on their own, adding to them is just asking for trouble. Making choices and taking calculated risks is fine, but the risks involved here are getting increasingly hard to calculate, while remaining worrisome.. and this is an HR forum after all.

It's great that you are getting a testing kit though, good thinking.
I don't exactly follow what you want to predose the valium with? There is an LSD & Benzo subthread, I guess many people write or will tell you that benzos dull a trip so taking the edge off comes at a price, often of having more than your anxious feelings getting blurred.

so serotonin syndrome is a risk? what about valium while tripping? a low dose (10mg) would you say it messes up the trip. I've read that many find it even better than LSD alone.

NBOMe -> caused seizures in some users, possibly life-threating (and we don't even know why these drugs are more dangerous than your average psychedelic)
DXM -> might lower seizure threshold via SRI and DRI action

and no, nobody can garantuee you to be fine, by taking diazepam with it.

just don't do it.

Ok NO DXM.

How bout a can of whipped cream at the peak of the "acid"? will that be dangerous? Nitrous.

If you are intent on doing the "acid" then do not dose with DXM as well, it seems you have already decided against it that's good.

Taking benzos SIGNIFICANTLY diminishes the trip ime. Keep them as a safety net or for the comedown.

Nitrous should be fine. Fine as in awesome. :)

man i LOVE high doses of benzos with acid.....make s my trip very awesome....love it.

let me clarify though...i love euphoria...and LSD gives that as does valuim,,,,so i love 40-50mg valuim about 2 hours into a LSD trip...gets me right where i like to be

I understand the BZDs are said to diminish the effects of Psychedelics but I was reading this morning of Valium before LSD and some people swear that it doesn't affect the intensity of the trip. They said it may even make it better since LSD can be overstimulating to which I definitely agree.

The thing is I've taken this "acid" before and other acid tabs and I really do despise the tweaky feelings. My body doesn't handle stimulants well at all. The doc even told me to avoid them as she knows about my drug use. I'm very sensitive to them and always wonder whether everyone else is not enjoying the tweak as much as me but I really am not very cognitive on Acid. It's hard enough for me to express myself as it is and on acid I totally degrade to the level of a wild beast. Can't make myself hotdogs because of getting stumped at every thought.

I'm willing to give Valium a try as I believe it will help make my trip more calm but I don't wanna waste my money by it destroying the magic as it's said to do. But obviously I'll have to experience it myself to know.

How do you think it will affect the nitrous though?

I've done 600 mg of DXM while on benzos and it did nothing. And yes you can still trip on benzos but it reduces it to more of a high than a trip. I guess if that's all your looking for... Nitrous isn't even worth it on benzos. Trust me, I was on etizolam the other night and ended up coming up on some whippets. I was so pissed I had taken the benzo earlier as the nitrous didn't do shit. I understand people use benzos to combat body load or anxiety and that's okay. In general though I would avoid them to get the full experience (and actually remember it ;) )

I have actually had fits of an apparently epileptiform nature on LSD combined with nitrous (and probably cannabis iirc) before, a reaction that after I first had it, was apparently very prone to return after trying nitrous again during a trip. That was especially true on the same night (I know, pretty reckless - I was more of a moron then), but it also took a while for it to disappear if it ever really did. That, and I kind of got turned off of doing nitrous on psychedelics, I didn't trust it a whole lot anymore.

While this doesn't mean it is all that common for this to happen, I would say it is also probably not true that nitrous is perfectly harmless and risk-free on NBOMe compounds.. so just bear the simple fact of what happened to me in mind, and if you do proceed, do so with caution.

Lastly, I guess that people's natural seizure thresholds may vary.. and that it matters if you are a person who has subjected him or herself to a lof of drug use that has influence on mental and physical well-being. The former will factor in for everyone, and the latter probably factored in at least a little with my apparent seizing.

If you really want to get hugely intense trips, do your best to find substances and combinations that point to relative physical safety. If people must keep using NBOMe's, that's up to them, and I gotta say I respect that choice when people stick to a set of rules such as to never push the dose.. But pushing the envelope with NBOMe's seems pretty ignorant, or a conscious and intentful act of defiance...

I went through a phase where I wanted to experience the most crazy hallucinations that could be invoked (something I not very surprisingly called "to fear and loath"), so if that is what you are trying to do, I can relate, but take a minute to realize that there is no room for impatience or greed here... sure, if you wanna push the limits on experiencing the insane you are used to crossing boundaries... but it is just plain foolish not to invest in achieving those things with safer alternatives.

So... maybe trying to find a safe additive for comboing with NBOMe to make it 'max out' is inherently a bad strategy since NBOMe's do not seem to max out all that safely. I think the only arylcyclohexylamine that may not be recommended against use in combination could be ketamine since it tends to be relatively limited in the monoamine action department. But find out somehow first, dont quote me on that one.

Last edited:
I fully believe it is NBOMe now. The trip usually lasts about 10hrs. We once took at 4 and was asleep by 2 am. It does also have a numbing effect. Similar to the way cocaine numbs the tongue. And it is orally active apparently. So i'm guessing it is NBOMe for sure now. I've read numerous reports today of DXM and NBOMe being amazing. Of course it is dangerous since idk what dose is even on the tab. I shall proceed with caution. I will take the DXM and the tab with valium on deck, weed for uncomfortable vasoconstriction and i'm gonna try nitrous for the first time at the peak.

Man if i die fuck it I ain't gonna be mad. Death is a relief IMO. Sometimes I just can't wait on it.

But do be honest the reason i'm just gonna go and do it with the DXM is because I wanna smoke a lotta weed on the trip and it's soooo sketchy having weed here in trinidad in your car. Acid makes me wanna change scenery but i'm hoping the DXM would just have me content in one spot so that I can safely just smoke and not have to worry about police.

They fucking profile us whiteboys and stop our cars with NO probable cause ALL the time. THEN search the car again without any reason. They just like to fuck up whiteboys by trynna charge them. It's fucking annoying. If I were to just take the acid then I won't be happy in one spot whole night and will want to move around and it's just too risky to do late at night in trinidad. There's A LOT of police on the road and the country is small.

I respect your concerns Solipsis, you give me good advice always, but sometimes I find myself believing in solipsism so I don't think I can really die just like that.

Lol I must sound like an idioit.

I'd come back and say how it went.

Last edited:
LSD + DXM might work.

I've done LSD + MXE a couple of times and the synergy is lovely - they smooth each other out nicely.
Personally I much prefer MXE to DXM. DXM gives me terrible double vision and makes me stumble around.
That said; given my experiences with LSD + MXE I reckon some DXM would feel pretty nice after a strong dose of acid.

What about stop thinking about all this medicine and stuff? Just go for clean lsd, water and maybe a joint. That's all you need man, if done properly it can bring you the best high. Don't get that weird tasting papers, they are not safe, this is not a matter to play with.

I'm reviving this thread as I'm finally gonna do the combo this weekend.

I'm just curious as to a proper dosing schedule? This LSD is tested and clean so I'm contemplating on the DXM dose. I'm thinking of a standard 240mg bottle or Delsym/Zicam to potentiate this LSD. You see, I've tripped on 1 tab many times and it's gotten boring.

How should I dose this for maximum pleasure? LSD first, come-up and then dose DXM? Idk that'll just be weird to do while on LSD.

Dose both at the same time? Some DPH beforehand for any nausea?

I'm reviving this thread as I'm finally gonna do the combo this weekend.

I'm just curious as to a proper dosing schedule? This LSD is tested and clean so I'm contemplating on the DXM dose. I'm thinking of a standard 240mg bottle or Delsym/Zicam to potentiate this LSD. You see, I've tripped on 1 tab many times and it's gotten boring.

How should I dose this for maximum pleasure? LSD first, come-up and then dose DXM? Idk that'll just be weird to do while on LSD.

Dose both at the same time? Some DPH beforehand for any nausea?

I don't know where you are gonna find a Zicam at now a days. Those are long gone. Go with Cough Gels if you can. I find most prefer those including myself.

You will want to take DXM first and after any nausea is gone and you are starting to trip nicely then take the LSD. This is my absolute favorite combo I have ever experienced. As for nausea just go with marijuana. It will take care of any. I won't trip DXM without marijuana. They just go together like peanut butter and jelly.