Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid and Bars

acid_and_beans

Greenlighter
Hey y'all

I have prom in a couple months and I got fucked over by the coppers. I'm on probation so I get fucking tested for drugs and alcohol. So blue. Anyways, with prom coming up I wanna have a fun time. Me and my friends are going to a beach house to celebrate the end of the year and shit. Anyways, we're going to be chilling and drinking. But I can't cus I need to pass the urine test, I don't want any risky business.

I was planning on taking Xanax and LSD. I have a prescription for Xans but I've never taken more than my dosage. I was going to get bard out and chill before. Ive dropped acid a couple times but never at a party scene.

Will xanax and a mico dose be a fun time? Im not trying to trip balls I just want to have a solid experience.
Should I just stick with Xans?
I can't drink or smoke.%)%)

Perhaps have a half a hit or even smaller amount of LSD and don't do too much Xanax or you'll forget what were you doing even.
Just naturally have a good time, good luck! ;)

xanax you can get caught easily with a drug test and it stays in the system longer than opiates even.

lsd you can get away with though probably

Xanax severely diminishes the effects of LSD, especially the visuals... I doubt you'd feel much from a microdose of acid after a large dose of benzodiazepines, and even a moderate dose of LSD probably isn't going to give you a lot visuals when you've reached a "bar'd out" level of benzodiazepine intoxication - you might feel some stimulation and confusion though, which, combined with the aforementioned "bartardedness" might help you take that probation to the next level (i.e. jail).

So yeah... take care, dude, and don't overdo it with the Alprazolam. I hate to be a killjoy, but I think plenty of people on Bluelight can attest to the fact that few things impair your ability to tell good decisions from horrible-ones-that-will-seriously-fuck-you-over like a state of benzo'd out stimulation.

Benzos and acid don't really mix, I've always kept Xanax on hand as something to help me come down from psychedelic trips not to enhance them. You'd probably have a better time just doing LSD and keeping Xanax on hand in case you need to bring yourself down for whatever reason.

Regardless be careful, dropping acid at a party can be way different than doing it in a controlled environment. If you can, try to make sure your friends know what you're on and can help chill you out or stop you from doing something dumb if necessary.

They can test if youve taken more than your prescribed amount of xanax. Probably not worth to risk losing your script

Do you mean you're doing the acid at your school prom?

Personally I couldn't think of many worse places to do acid. The social dynamics of school + the awkwardness of acid + the analytical aspect etc etc.

Hey, by the way I removed your duplicate post of this from the "favorite psychedelics" thread.

Anyway, xanax is going to mute the effects of the LSD, not kill them, but it will make the LSD less powerful. If you're only planning to microdose, then it might totally block the effects. Since you're in trouble with the cops and can't get in any more, I would probably avoid taking LSD since it's the prom... lots of people, uncontrolled environment, and they'll be looking for kids being fucked up. If you use xanax, just use a bit, maybe more than you're prescribed but not a lot more. Getting "barred out" as you say can easily lead to blacking out. But on benzos like xanax, if you black out, you'll still be up doing stuff, with no memory of it or control over yourself, and who knows what could happen?

- Benzo's like these can cause blackouts if you're not careful and modest about your dosage - happened to me once with alprazolam (generic xanax) and acid.
- Don't take psychedelics like LSD if you can't handle the effects without a depressant like xanax.
- If it's just for recreation or because you have a script, take as little xanax as possible without getting rebound anxiety so that you can trip properly. It's disappointing to take noteworthy doses of benzos with it, I do not and never did make that a habit but I guess I did that day and was a little too generous with the alprazolam.

I don't get why a urine test would matter unless you get them daily - alcohol leaves your system quickly? But yeah smoking weed is impossible cause it stays in your system for a very long time. Not to get deeply into drug testing discussion - that isn't a topic for here.

I think the xanax might be enough to completely cancel out a microdose of LSD.

However, I recently tried ALD-52 (LSD analog) for the first time, and I was on so much clonazolam (kinda like a mashup of kpin and xanax) when I decided to take the ALD-52 that I slept through the peak. But when I woke up, I was definitely still tripping. So, while benzos will certainly dull a psychedelic, they might not necessarily override it entirely.

Yes that sounds pointless. It's not about entirely nullifying a trip, but if you'd understand what relatively minor things can sabotage a trip for me like missing some kind of bleeding edge, the edge that would put me in some novel tough spot instead of just some bland borderline-trippy headspace I might as well just smoked a joint for... you would realize that enough dulling is as bad as cancelling/overriding.

If you're [hypothetically] a person who wants their trip lobotomized so that you can pull the reins, I'm not sure that you really want to talk about psychedelia. It would be like downgrading a ferrari to make a lawnmower.

Last edited:
There's something to be said for both experiences. In my case, I didn't take the benzos to dull the trip. I took the benzos first, and under the influence just thought, 'fuck it, ill eat a couple tabs and see what happens.'

There's plenty of room for life-changing mindfucks and a giggly good time with pretty colors in life, imo