• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

acetone extract 1 yeah soak

Pill__Head

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

As the title says.. I have a full large mason jar with what looks like buds/trim/stems and is soaked acetone. The level of the liquid, which is a very DARK green is up to the about 3/4 full line on the jar

I was told it has been sitting like this for about 12 months , LOL.

Personally, I feel like for for most part, its all junk due to to the plant material soaking in the acetone too long. But heck I could be wrong.

Is there any use left in it? Any hope in trying to still get an extract from it ( which was the idea in the first place, bu the guy never got around to it).

strain it through a filter and let the acetone evaporate, see whats left, and smoke it

i could be totally wrong but i dont think you have anything on your hands other than some acetone soaked bud. doesn't thc only dissolve in fat and alchohol? i dont think acetone is either so if its not in the liquid, its still on the bud. might be harmful to smoke that shit even if you dry it out?

^ i don't think so, i've smoked many blends that were sprayed with acetone to no ill effect, but i might be wrong because it's been sitting there for so long

imo try to evaporate it and see what's left

should still be viable, my only concern would be what the acetone source was (i.e. is it lab grade). leave the slop in a glass plate outside til it's bone dry then hotknife some of the scrape