• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Accidentally injected saliva today.. got horribly sick

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Today before work I had a little heroin left I had gotten to hold me until Monday. But I had forgotten I had licked the bag, and then rinsed the bag with hot water to get any remaining powder out.

Well it was basically water so I didn’t filter it and I had totally forgotten I had licked the bag earlier so I’m assuming it must have been saliva that caused this reaction.

An hour later at 8 AM right when work was starting I got the worst headache I’ve had in years. I was in enormous pain, trembling / shaking, definitely a fever / chills, and was dizzy. If I even walked too fast I began to get light headed and felt I would pass out.

Somehow managed to get through work, took some Advil and the headache went away around 2 PM. Thankfully now at 10 PM I’m feeling basically entirely better... but jeez, that was like cotton fever but worse 🥵

Has anyone had this happen? I’m sure someone has licked their spoon or something and accidentally done the same. Do I have to worry about any sort of infection? It seems my body has fought off the bacteria I just hope I didn’t start sepsis or endocarditis or something.

I had a very similar experience but I was sick for about 2 days I think. My guess was some kinda cotton fever. It was not from mouth bacteria but from washing 24+ hour cotton

Today before work I had a little heroin left I had gotten to hold me until Monday. But I had forgotten I had licked the bag, and then rinsed the bag with hot water to get any remaining powder out.

Well it was basically water so I didn’t filter it and I had totally forgotten I had licked the bag earlier so I’m assuming it must have been saliva that caused this reaction.

An hour later at 8 AM right when work was starting I got the worst headache I’ve had in years. I was in enormous pain, trembling / shaking, definitely a fever / chills, and was dizzy. If I even walked too fast I began to get light headed and felt I would pass out.

Somehow managed to get through work, took some Advil and the headache went away around 2 PM. Thankfully now at 10 PM I’m feeling basically entirely better... but jeez, that was like cotton fever but worse 🥵

Has anyone had this happen? I’m sure someone has licked their spoon or something and accidentally done the same. Do I have to worry about any sort of infection? It seems my body has fought off the bacteria I just hope I didn’t start sepsis or endocarditis or something.
IVing heroin isn't exactly my specialty, but I'd get a thermometer and check your temperature at regular intervals and watch the injection site for any kind of redness/swelling. I'd also seek medical attention at the first sign of anything being amiss. I'm hoping for the best for you, fingers crossed...

IVing heroin isn't exactly my specialty, but I'd get a thermometer and check your temperature at regular intervals and watch the injection site for any kind of redness/swelling. I'd also seek medical attention at the first sign of anything being amiss. I'm hoping for the best for you, fingers crossed...

Thankfully there is no sign of infection at any of my sites I’ve injected, and my symptoms are mostly gone besides sweating and slight heart pain which is odd. If I feel weird after work or during work today probably gonna go to the doctor after sadly. I’ve had pretty poor experiences trying to explain my drug abuses to doctors in my area. They just write it off like it’s my fault and treatment is sub par as soon as any mention of substance abuse. Such terrible medical treatment in the United States. It’s sad Massachusetts’s has some of the best medicine in the world but mention a infection from heroin use and it all goes flying out the window.

The only bad thing is I think infections don’t have to be at the injection site they can be blood borne and inside your body. I really don’t wanna do a hospital stay so I’m praying my body fights this one off

I once saw someone spit in a spoon mix their H in and IV it. No filter used. About 0.5ml iirc.
They were fine! Absolute insanity!
⚠️NO ONE ATTEMPT THIS⚠️
I mean, i say they were 'fine'... But.. They were a heavy using homeless junkie, at least 50 years old, been on H since aslong as i remember, covered in abscesses and sores already. Really bad looking injection sites. Definitely riddled with hep, probably hiv too. Malnutritioned to high heaven and always in a zombie state.
Basically he was already half dead.
He was rattling hard at the time. Our shitty town doesn't have any 24hr shops or even 24hr public toilets to get water from in the middle of the night.
It didnt kill him instantly. But for all i know it did give him an infection 🤷‍♂️
I'm pretty sure he is still alive.
I did say "why dont you just sniff it mate" as it was powdery. Needle fetish i guess.

I always heard/read injecting saliva was realllllly bad. I would have probably done it myself otherwise lol

I once saw someone spit in a spoon mix their H in and IV it. No filter used. About 0.5ml iirc.
They were fine! Absolute insanity!
⚠NO ONE ATTEMPT THIS⚠

I once saw a homeless junkie take a needle put of a passed out junkies arm lick it and shot it 🤢 I'm a former junkie but damn some are just dirty

I once saw a homeless junkie take a needle put of a passed out junkies arm lick it and shot it 🤢 I'm a former junkie but damn some are just dirty
Yeah that doesn't surprise me.
Should have heard the stories my mate in a European prison told me, 15+ junkies in 1 cell, all sharing the same 1ml for IV heroin, multiple days in a row, sharpening the tip by scraping it on the dirty concrete floor 😳

Yeah that doesn't surprise me.
Should have heard the stories my mate in a European prison told me, 15+ junkies in 1 cell, all sharing the same 1ml for IV heroin, multiple days in a row, sharpening the tip by scraping it on the dirty concrete floor

Fucksake I thought I'd heard it all when I read someone spat in a spoon and injected it, thats fucked up, and this prison thing is worse, people are mad

I heard of someone using puddle water, that's asking for a dirty hit lol

I heard of someone using puddle water, that's asking for a dirty hit lol
Nice! I witnessed my mate use 2ml of brook/stream water for a IV hit of speed when we were camping in the woods years ago.
He pulled the water through a fresh cigarette filter a few times before mixing the speed in, looked pretty clear iirc. Im sure it had a shit load of nasty stuff still in it though 🤷‍♂️

i was in choma for 2 weeks and in hospital for almost 3 months because of sepsis from mouth bacteria that had somehow ended up in my syringe

Shit thats so fucking bad, did you lick the needle? I see this in TV programmes and films all the fucking time and I think to myself he'll get a dirty hit now lol

How did they know it was from your mouth? Oh dear you was lucky then

Shit thats so fucking bad, did you lick the needle? I see this in TV programmes and films all the fucking time and I think to myself he'll get a dirty hit now lol

Yea i know a woman who always licks the needle before she does a hit. I tell her its bad. But shes about 50 and already covered in bad scars/abscesses etc. Says shes been doing it for years and always been 'fine'
Swear some older junkies just get immune to stuff thatd make younger users sick/die. Their immune systems must be god level from living on the street jacking up puddle water and spit etc

no, i have never done it, never seen it and never heard of it.
sounds pretty disgusting.
i do remember i used same ones with my woman of the time + they were used few times before. ik i was retarded as fuck, but after that experience i have been extremely cauteous.

Maybe I shouldn't post in this thread although I have needles I haven't used them. I have them in case I ever find heroin or hydromorphone. I'm curious, how does a person manage to use tap water and get all the H out of there, say from a spoon or bowl?

It seems like, at least going by my intuition and experience with needless syringes that the only type of water I can use is distilled. It seems like this has something to do with the alkalinity of the water; that it picks up all of the drug when plunged out of the barrel

I've even used milk for certain things, like benzodiazepines that aren't water soluble. I can't imagine trying to IV that material even with distilled water, even though I've read about it on here. Tap water tends to be acidic and I wouldn't use it at all

they were used few times before

Yeah I used to reuse mine quite often, that dull feeling when it won't pop through the skin without a bit of force, I'd push my skin in proper sometimes trying to hit up, the things we do eh

I'm curious, how does a person manage to use tap water and get all the H out of there, say from a spoon

Put the tap water in something, a lid or the packet wrapper the syringe came in, anything clean, draw it up, add heroin to spoon, squirt water ontop and if its the UK add citric acid, cook it and put a filter in it then draw that up, you can then squirt a tiny bit more water onto filter, cook, draw it up again if you want to "use the wash" I never bothered with that as though they're can't be much on a wash, so many people do hit up a wash though, most junkies I knew did

I also used bottled water too that a good option you can draw up water easy that way if worried about tap water, which is stupid really if you're about to inject fuck knows what into your arm that's in the so called heroin you'd bought lol

Put the tap water in something, a lid or the packet wrapper the syringe came in, anything clean, draw it up, add heroin to spoon, squirt water ontop and if its the UK add citric acid, cook it and put a filter in it then draw that up, you can then squirt a tiny bit more water onto filter, cook, draw it up again if you want to "use the wash" I never bothered with that as though they're can't be much on a wash, so many people do hit up a wash though, most junkies I knew did

I also used bottled water too that a good option you can draw up water easy that way if worried about tap water, which is stupid really if you're about to inject fuck knows what into your arm that's in the so called heroin you'd bought lol
Interesting, thanks. I just notice with the needless syringe that there's drug left over inside (at the back) if I use tap water but that doesn't happen with distilled water. I guess the added minerals in tap water make it harder to draw up, and it also doesn't empty on one go, so I use distilled. Maybe it works differently with needles

It won't be enough heroin left over in the barrel to worry about though, I never found that, you could draw up a bit more water into the barrel and inject again but it's not worth damaging a vien for a spec lol

I don't think from licking a bag. I would lick my rig all the time and then inject. Especially when it was clogging and would be having issues (suck more water up to dilute and push air out, lick again, etc). Would imagine quite a bit of saliva got into me.

Never had this.

Poly abuse on top of methadone? Yes. Something threw you off.