• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Accidentally freezing meth shot.... Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatAmazinChick

Greenlighter
So tonight i left a shot of dope outside and it accidentally froze it... Is it still safe to use it or does that change the chemical compound to an unsafe substance now?? Anyone have any idea about this? Would greatly appreciate any knowledge on this topic... Thank you!

The fact that it was outside all night is probably more of a hazard then the fact that it froze.

I wouldn't risk using a shot if it has been left to sit in an environment which is not sterile. There are innumerable amounts of nasty bacteria and viruses that can survive sub-zero temperatures and get inside of the shot and breed before, during, and after your shot has already frozen.

If it was in a sterile capped, prepped syringe it will be fine. Freezing won't change it chemically - if anything the opposite.

If it was in a sterile capped, prepped syringe it will be fine. Freezing won't change it chemically - if anything the opposite.

This is assuming the drug solution is sterile before it froze. I doubt the OP made sure his water and drugs were bacteria free before he left the shot outside.

True, but even if it wasn't sterile, the freezing would inhibit if not kill most microbes. I'm not saying he should IV as is, but I wouldn't assume much based just on the fact that he left it outside.

The fact that its left outside says it all. Freezing will not kill most bacteria and it definitely will not kill any virus living in the solution. Most of these will simply viruses and bacteria will simply become dormant until they are introduced to a warmer environment. I think you are underestimating the extremes which these organisms can survive in.

Well it was three weeks ago, so whether or not it contained Clostridium botulinum or was completely sterile is unknown to us. Postulating what might grow in freezing temps falls under endless speculation so I'm closing this.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.