• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Accidental mixing of cocaine and tramadol.

DoctorMolecule

Bluelighter
So today I staggered 5-50mg trams between noon and 3pm, I bought a bit of coke (.5g) and just did some not realizing it can be a deadly combo. Obviously I’m not going to do anymore coke until it’s safe. Basic harm reduction
I’ve read that it can cause S. Syndrome. But I’ve also read that it’s extremely rare.
So I should check my BP and what else should I be aware of?

Mixing cocaine and tramadol can put you at a higher risk for serotonin syndrome so you're right to be cautious. I see you posted this yesterday but the signs to watch for would be confusion, increased blood pressure and heartrate, excessive sweating, restlessness, etc. To be safe, I would wait until the tramadol leaves your system to use cocaine.

Cocaine will also serve to lower the seizure threshold considerably. I think it might be in your best interest to inform someone that they should probably check on you intermittently. You could potentially find yourself in a situation in which you're not readily able to help yourself. Tramadol has definitely been a major nuisance for us over the years. It's still prescribed commonly and there are so many potentially negative interactions, you have to approach Tramadol use with a "guilty until proven innocent" mentality.

My main point is, if you actually do experience some of the very negative effects of Tramadol misadventure, you will probably not be in a position to help yourself and so if you really want to cover all bases, do what I said and let someone know what's going on.

Hopefully fine by now

Tramadol shouldn’t be mixed with anything, for the basic layperson.

Serotonergic reactions, lowers seizure thresholds, produces an opioid metabolite that can have it’s own set of reactions, especially in a user with low/no tolerance, or someone desperate trying to get out if wd.

Even by itself, it is a strange drug, and taking large doses can be bad, if not hazourdous; it’s one case where the max dose really should be observed, and you reallyshouldn’t go there unless you’re experienced with it and it’s effects, and know it will actually work

Edit: Thanks for posting back.good you are ok. Having someone around as mentioned is really helpful

Mixing cocaine and tramadol can put you at a higher risk for serotonin syndrome so you're right to be cautious. I see you posted this yesterday but the signs to watch for would be confusion, increased blood pressure and heartrate, excessive sweating, restlessness, etc. To be safe, I would wait until the tramadol leaves your system to use cocaine.
It was not my intention to mix the two. It was more like I did a fat line and was like ‘oh shit’ you were supposed to save this blow for Saturday. Then ‘oh shit’ you took tramadol today. I guess I meant the post to be a harm reduction learning lesson. If you’ve accidentally taken a potential leathal combo, stop taking any drugs and tell a friend immediately.
Hopefully fine by now

Tramadol shouldn’t be mixed with anything, for the basic layperson.

Serotonergic reactions, lowers seizure thresholds, produces an opioid metabolite that can have it’s own set of reactions, especially in a user with low/no tolerance, or someone desperate trying to get out if wd.

Even by itself, it is a strange drug, and taking large doses can be bad, if not hazourdous; it’s one case where the max dose really should be observed, and you reallyshouldn’t go there unless you’re experienced with it and it’s effects, and know it will actually work

Edit: Thanks for posting back.good you are ok. Having someone around as mentioned is really helpful
I don’t feel I dodged a bullet persay, just glad I had enough sense to put the coke away.

Not trying to be dramatic

Just speaking generally and yes probably good to have put your Coca leaf extract away to save for another day

So today I staggered 5-50mg trams between noon and 3pm, I bought a bit of coke (.5g) and just did some not realizing it can be a deadly combo. Obviously I’m not going to do anymore coke until it’s safe. Basic harm reduction
I’ve read that it can cause S. Syndrome. But I’ve also read that it’s extremely rare.
So I should check my BP and what else should I be

So I should check my BP and what else should I be aware of?
Don't worry about it bud, I take 2-200mg extended release tablets, hour later I take 300mg in 50mg tablets & do $3-400 of coke a day when I have to get a shitload of roofing done, plus sip on energy drinks all day,

Embrace it bud, it's healthy for you once or twice a month, being too healthy can kill you, lol

Don't worry about it bud, I take 2-200mg extended release tablets, hour later I take 300mg in 50mg tablets & do $3-400 of coke a day when I have to get a shitload of roofing done, plus sip on energy drinks all day,

Embrace it bud, it's healthy for you once or twice a month, being too healthy can kill you, lol
400mg a day is the max prescribed dose for tramadol, you may react differently and/or have a high tolerance. Weight, predisposition to seizures etc all come into play. Best to play it safe. Coke definitely increases the risk of adverse effects.

400mg a day is the max prescribed dose for tramadol, you may react differently and/or have a high tolerance. Weight, predisposition to seizures etc all come into play. Best to play it safe. Coke definitely increases the risk of adverse effects.
Understood, I've been on Tramadol for over 9 years now so my tolerance is high, not that I do cocaine with Tramadol every day, I've never had a seizure on Tramadol & I've taken up to 1500-1800 mgs a day after my surgery a few times,

I find if I feel that I've taken way to many Tramadol & feel nauseous that a good fat line of cocaine will actually bring me back to normal,